Author Topic: FM wireless spy microphones  (Read 2887 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
FM wireless spy microphones
« on: April 07, 2008, 11:21:19 AM »
Ebay link #1

Ebay link #2

These wireless FM microphones are pretty cool.  They claim to have up to a 1 mile range and can broadcast on any FM radio station.  I was thinking they'd be great for when we pissed off every guest in a hotel - we could hide one of these FM bugs at the front counter so we could hear the clerk having to deal with all the craziness.

Maybe I could even put it inside an old Nokia phone case so that if it were discovered by an employee or guest, they'd just think somebody lost their cell phone so hopefully I could go back down and claim it.

Seems like a wireless FM bug could add an extra layer of fun to almost any phone pranking, just because you'd be able to hear what was being said after you hung up the phone.  I think I might buy one of these and see what they're capable of.  Anyone have any other ideas for using these?

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
Re: FM wireless spy microphones
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 01:58:49 PM »
Here's a few FM wireless pranks involving drive in theaters. From alt.shenanigans

---I know there are few of these in existence, but we have a local drive-in theater. They have replaced the old speaker boxes with a short range FM station so you can listen from your car's stereo. I had bought a wireless CD adapter that also transmits a FM signal from your CD player to your FM stereo.  I attached a microphone to the adapter jack and could talk over the theater's sound system (although I was courteous enough not to interrupt the movie, just the previews and candy commercials). I said stuff like "Will John please report to the refreshment stand? You have a important phone call." and "Will everybody please stand for the National Anthem."

---Or, you could say, (If an enemy was there!) Say, " <enemy's name> , please come to the front for the ExLax your Mother just delivered."  That'd get some
laughs.........

---You could also use this to broadcast the sounds of what people traditionally
do at a drive-in ...

---create a tape of a  `love-in/orgy at the park'  one about ten minutes long.  should drive the manager nuts, especially at a multi-screen drive-in movie
/End alt.shenanigans

What if you went to a baseball game that's being announced over a local radio station and transmit a play by play from a football game.

If a local radio station, let's say a pop top 40 type, is broadcasting live from some place. Interrupt their broadcast a transmit a hip hop station instead.

Go into Best Buy or Circuit City and broadcast whatever you want with their demo stereos. Kinda like the walkie talkie pranks from your website.

I'm sure someone can come up with better FM transmitter pranks.

MIB
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline ErrorLoading

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +15/-4
    • ErrorLoading.Net
Re: FM wireless spy microphones
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »
You could combine such a thing with previously tapped webcam pranks.  Then you'd have full audio and video surveilance of the victim.  Again, the trick would be hiding it in such a way someone could and would leave it unnoticed.  The good thing is that it is small enough you could easily plant it somewhere with an appropiate amount of duct tape.  Depending on the quality of it, false ceilings would work wonders.  Or I've discovered taking walls off of cubicles in the office is a great way to hide things.  I've done so with those annoying beepers on thinkgeek.com.
"If I have enough then you may not have one."