Author Topic: More random pranks  (Read 2025 times)

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
More random pranks
« on: April 23, 2008, 05:11:39 AM »
Some more pranks I get in my e-mail. Enjoy!

What's Your Sign?
I've pulled this one so many times where I work that everybody's on to me by now. I'm passing it along because this will work for somebody who hasn't worn it out yet. This works especially well in a large organization since there is usually a higher confusion quotient going on.

I like to make official looking signs and post them in various places. I'll put one on a particular set of doors for example, with the message: "Do Not Use -- Use Alternate Exit". The response to these notices always cracks me up. Somebody will inevitably remark: "I guess 'they' don't want us to use those doors". In a large organization there is always that mysterious "they" who are responsible for so many complaints.

I also like to put a sign on the elevator that announces simply: "Do Not Use!". There's no explanation at all as to why it can't be used or no indication of what
authority is forbidding this usage, but people will usually obey these signs without question.

Another place to put a bogus message is mixed in with the copier paper. Print up a sheet that says: "250,000 copies completed. Notify service representative immediately." Nobody stops to think how the copier could produce such a
message. They run around waving the paper around and much confusion and discussion usually results.

This stunt works with fax machines too. Fax a message on in with bold print: FAX MACHINE REQUIRES SERVICING. As an added touch, white out portions of the letters making it look defective.

Bound To Please
A friend of mine did a lot of business with a bookbinder and one day came up with a great idea for a joke. He had the bookbinder make up a coupon book for him, but instead of coupons he had real five dollar bills bound into the book. We all had lots of laughs with this prop. He would go up to the cash register in a restaurant to pay his bill, flip open the book and begin to tear out a five.

"I'm sorry", would be the usual reaction, "We can't accept that."
"Oh really?" he would say.  "Why not?"

Magnet Madness
Take refrigerator magnets and slice them into hundreds of pieces. Then stick the pieces in a nice pattern onto the victim's car. When they see this from a distance they will think that there are scratches all over their car. You may
think that the joke is all over at this point but it isn't.

It will take forever to find and remove all the little pieces of magnet.

Saving For A Rainy Day
Here's a good rainy day joke. Put rice or confetti in someone's umbrella when they aren't looking. As soon as they step outside and open it up they are in for a surprise. Works great if they don't use the umbrella for a while too because they can't figure out how the stuff got in there and won't know who to blame.

MIB
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 05:47:50 AM by MIB »
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: More random pranks
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 03:53:30 PM »
Put a sign by the elevator buttons inside, saying that floors 2 - 4 are out of order.

Offline nova

• El Fireman
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +25/-83
Re: More random pranks
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 12:00:19 PM »
Put a sign by the elevator buttons inside, saying that floors 2 - 4 are out of order.

just call in the eleveator phone and pretend to be an automated system with voice recognition. i had a guy start SCREAMING that he wanted to go to the first floor until i told him he was on crack for thinking that the elevator could have voice recognition