Author Topic: work phones How do I find out the codes for long distance calling?  (Read 2207 times)

Offline klown

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
I'll tell you what i know about the phone system we have here at work.  The phones out on the floor you have to dial 1-69-1-59 to get an outside line to make a local call.  You can transfer an incoming call by hanging up the phone while the caller is on the phone and dial the extension number after you get a dial tone.  You can then hang up and the incoming caller will be patched to the extension or you can start a three-way call.  The phones in the office all you do is dial 9 and you can make calls via area calling.  When I place a call to my house the caller ID comes up as anaco trunking and is never the same number.  The service provider is logan tele co-op and they have a in house service rep that has his own office here at the plant.  Does anyone know the codes to be able to place long distance calls.  Or any other useful info. I could use here?

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
Re: work phones How do I find out the codes for long distance calling?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 06:00:22 AM »
Odds are they've blocked LD calls from the floor so employees can't run up huge phone bills.  You might want to see if you can find a way around.  If you can dial 800 numbers you might try call-att or some such to place a long distance call that way... or maybe try 10-10- numbers.  Try anything where you can find an op to dial out for you.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Offline simpsongeek

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-3
Re: work phones How do I find out the codes for long distance calling?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 09:41:18 AM »
yeah, try 1-800-411-METRO