Author Topic: Howard Stern...  (Read 8490 times)

Offline computerwiz_222

• PLA Addict
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-19
Howard Stern...
« on: April 05, 2006, 11:30:14 AM »
My ass has fallen off due to laughter. in this call he pranks an asian clock shop... via ebaumsworld so sorry if you've already heard this. Anyone else got links to howard stern stuffhttp://www.ebaumsworld.com/audio/korean-clock-repair.html

CountyKid

Re: Howard Stern...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 03:22:27 PM »
My ass has fallen off due to laughter.!!!11!!1!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 03:38:31 PM »
That was great.  I listened to Howard for years and never heard him make any prank calls.  Guess I just didn't listen at the right times.

Offline mgrossa

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +6/-3
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 06:17:59 PM »
I like Howard, but he pissed me off by talking about relay so much on the show. Damn n00bs killing it for us.

Offline TerminalEcho

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
    • PLA
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 09:14:28 AM »
I was listening to the show in my car when that came on and I almost drove off the road laughing.

Offline beerfuck

• Baby Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-8
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 11:33:19 PM »
That was great.  I listened to Howard for years and never heard him make any prank calls.  Guess I just didn't listen at the right times.

Oh, he does constantly these days. Or rather, he had Sal & Richard do them. They usually use soundboards they make from memorable guests or movies. They're usually pretty good. I like when they soundboarded George Takei into being a tourette's victim trying to order food. Good stuff.

I personally think the clock lady was staged. She just sets them up too easy to be knocked down. And when did asians change from pronouncing L's as R's to simply omitting them? I smell a fake.

This one by Howard's gang was funnier IMO, but also could have been staged:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/audio/dirtyturban.html
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:43:06 PM by beerfuck »

Offline Colonel Panic

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-40
  • I lost my phone! Guess that makes me a phoneloser!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 08:20:06 AM »

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +20/-11
  • Hi? Need a squid sandwich, next five, ten minutes.
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 08:54:16 AM »
To my knowledge he didn't do a lot of prank calls until around 2000 when he was plugging the Touch Tone Terrorists... before that it would be an occaisional thing.  For awhile he was having RePete (TTT guy) make several calls as Junkyard Willie.  I don't really know what he does now since the fucking FCC.  Who can forget when he called the Iranian Embassy as Fartman?

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 09:59:20 AM »
Sal emailed me in 1996 because he wanted "my record label" to carry his prank call CD.  I said sure and he mailed me a 90 minute cassette of a bunch of his calls.  I told him I wasn't a label but he didn't care.

Back in 1999 when Howard started playing all the TTT calls, some guy took the touchtoneterrorists.com domain just to be a jerk, and wrote on it how immature prank calls were.  He included his phone number on the main page, encouraging people to prank call him.  I think the message on there said demeaning things about prank callers or something.

The number turned out to be a Jfax number which was an internet fax/voicemail service.  I called Jfax and managed to get them to give me all of the guy's account information.  They also changed his voicemail password for me.  So I changed the guy's outgoing message to give out his home and work phone numbers.  He wasn't too happy about this and posted on the front page that it was the TTT guy and he would be going to jail for hacking his account.

And those are my Howard Stern stories.

Offline ThankYouForTakingMyCall

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 04:36:22 AM »
The Clock call and the Dirty Turban call are both obviously staged.

It pisses me off that the art of the prank call has descended to this.  I understand that on-air shows like Stern can only use calls for which they have releases from the victim.  However, this is no excuse for staging pranks or relying on uninspired soundboard calls where the computer does all the work.

As dumb as some of the pranks are that can be found here and on other sites, there are often some really funny ones that result from someone with some real skill (or dumb luck) getting a great reation from the victim.  At least they are done the old fashioned way.

Keep up the good work.

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 09:00:20 AM »
RB that's amazing, that's some great history.  I guess Sal still doesn't have a label yet.  On the air Sal seemed to try too hard + it's obvious... was the demo really any good?  I was more a fan of Captain Jenks', when he was at his best.  George Takei works pretty good as a soundboard.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 09:07:48 AM »
RB that's amazing, that's some great history.  I guess Sal still doesn't have a label yet.  On the air Sal seemed to try too hard + it's obvious... was the demo really any good?  I was more a fan of Captain Jenks', when he was at his best.  George Takei works pretty good as a soundboard.

I personally didn't care too much for his demo at all.  I think I just didn't get the jokes, though.  At the time I'd never listened to Howard Stern and there seemed to be a lot of Howard related jokes in the calls.  I should listen to the pranks again and see what I think of them now.

Captain Janks was great.  Is he up to anything these days?  He sent me a CD of his back in '97 and it was hilarious.  Last I heard from him was when I was watching live coverage of the Columbine thing on CNN and he ended up on the air, spouting off stuff about Howard Stern.  Knowing that it was Janks added about 500% more funny to it.

Offline BaconStrips

• Section 8 and it's so great!
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +14/-9
  • ring ring ring
    • Phone Pride World Wide - Prank calls by Bobby Pyn
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 06:29:49 PM »
Why do people like soundboards so much? I guess there good if done right but that seems to never happen.
free prank calls" border="0
Listen to my prank calls for FREE - Bobby Pyn Prank Calls

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 12:38:35 PM »
Captain Janks was great.  Is he up to anything these days?

Apparently he put out a CD last year.  Holy Cactus Shit.  There are a few mp3's here: http://www.junkyardwillie.com/janks.htm

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 05:43:41 PM »
I personally think the clock lady was staged. She just sets them up too easy to be knocked down. And when did asians change from pronouncing L's as R's to simply omitting them? I smell a fake.

I'm glad someone else picked up on that. She is beyond any doubt saying "cock," without an attempt to pronounce the 'l.' At various points in the call she pronounces the letter 'l' without any difficulty, such as in "level" (because you don't know any words with l's in them). She says "old cock," "small cock."

However, she does say "expain," "pice," and "competely," which shows that in consonantal clusters the l's and r's are omitted. I listened a time or two, and I didn't notice any other occurrences of +l clusters, so it stands a chance of being genuine.
To see this post in braille, click here.