Author Topic: Incoming calls get busy signal?  (Read 1897 times)

Offline danthemanohhyea

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
Incoming calls get busy signal?
« on: July 16, 2008, 09:38:10 PM »
I seem to remember a while back that I saw a device that you plug into any phone line and it allows you to make calls all you want, but any incoming calls get the busy signal.  There was also a device just like it that worked the same except incoming calls got the disconnected line message.  I can't for the life of me find the link but I have a friend I want to prank and I think it'd be pretty fun!

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Offline Murder Mouse

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-0
    • Information Leak
Re: Incoming calls get busy signal?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 06:04:32 AM »
I seem to remember a while back that I saw a device that you plug into any phone line and it allows you to make calls all you want, but any incoming calls get the busy signal.

I believe they call that device the telephone my good man. There's also an updated technique for lines with call waiting involving making a threeway call. Amazing stuff there.

Offline danthemanohhyea

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 08:28:39 AM »
I seem to remember a while back that I saw a device that you plug into any phone line and it allows you to make calls all you want, but any incoming calls get the busy signal.

I believe they call that device the telephone my good man. There's also an updated technique for lines with call waiting involving making a threeway call. Amazing stuff there.

haha.  :-\
It was seriously a little device that you put in-line with the telephone on any line in the house, and it would either give incoming callers the disconnect message or it would give them the busy signal.  If you didn't know the device was there, you would think that no one was ever calling you, unless someone brought it to your attention.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 09:09:23 AM »
So it's something you'd do just to annoy/prank someone?  Sounds like the same thing could be accomplished with call forwarding.  I do remember a device for beige boxers which would disconnect a line whenever someone picked up an extension phone.  It would sense the drop in line voltage.  I forget what that one was called.

Offline danthemanohhyea

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 09:53:14 AM »
yep, just to annoy a buddy of mine.