Author Topic: Slacker is going to prison for 5 years! This is NOT A Prank!  (Read 7187 times)

Offline Cyph

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-5
Slacker is going to prison for 5 years! This is NOT A Prank!
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:59:40 PM »
Hi I'm Slackers best friend Cypher.   We've known each other since we were in high school.    He is going to prison for pulling a gun on a hot dog vender while VERY drunk at a local bar.

His ex girlfriend recently took his kid legally away from him and he decided to get very very wasted.  He went to a party with a friend of ours after being on a drinking spree on everclear and other boose for awhile .  There he found a gun and 9 mags and went up town to this bar in springfield IL called "The Firehouse".  There he pulled a gun on the local hotdog guy that he knew.  They were both drunk and I guess got into an argument and he pulled a gun.   As soon as he pulled it everyone shouted "GUN" (this is a firemans bar mind you and cops are there too!)   So he pulls it and the whole bar jumps on him and holds him down till uniformed police gets there.  I'm not sure yet where they will take him and I will let you know when we have more information.

I'm The same Cypher on Skype for you PLA friends that chat with us on there sometimes...   

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Slacker is going to prison for 5 years! This is NOT A Prank!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 10:27:07 PM »
Thanks for the update, I was kind of wondering why he wasn't around anymore.  He'll be missed here.  By me at least.  Maybe you can post his prison address on here and I'll send him some weird stuff that will make the prison guards eye him suspiciously.

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 10:50:39 PM »
thanks for the update.  i'm going to miss him here...i echo RBCP in that if you can post his address, that would be awesome.
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline Lestan Gregor

• PLA Bitch
  • 1337 13V3L: +64/-30
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 10:55:40 PM »
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

He was my bestest friend from the PLA.

Offline nova

• El Fireman
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +25/-83
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 11:27:20 PM »
i want a booking photo :(

looks like pdx has some company though

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 11:47:39 PM »
I would also like a booking photo.

What a douchebag to pull out a gun on some guy. He has prison coming.

Offline Lestan Gregor

• PLA Bitch
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 12:33:37 AM »
I would also like a booking photo.

What a douchebag to pull out a gun on some guy. He has prison coming.

Edit: changed my mind. prison does not help recovering addicts at all. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 01:16:15 AM by Lestan Gregor »

Offline Cyph

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-5
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 12:44:44 AM »
Ya know murd0c he really liked you.  Why be so mean?    What would you do if you had drank half a 5th of everclear and hand a gun?   I'm sure he had no idea wtf he was doing.  he blacks out sometimes and doesn't remember shit.

I doubt you will get a photo out of respect for him.   When he was clean and sober he was a real good guy.

He had a drinking problem and a drug problem.  He also had severe depression that has landed him in the mental ward a few times because he cut him self trying to kill him self.

I think he belongs in a metal institution for ppycotic evaluation and treatment.   He also needs to be on a life long plan for drug and alcohol abuse.

On another note.  The pranks...   Grow up - how old are you 12?     This type of behavior is part of what landed him in the situation in the first place!  My self and another best friend grew up got jobs and really got into life.  Yeah we have problems but we don't party all the time or act like little kids.   If he hadn't been playing all the time at age 26 he would of made a great IT person.

People really need to think about this type of activity.   It's all fun and games till someone gets hurt.   If your over 19 years of age IMO you should be looking for a stable way to make a life and have some honest fun doing it.     I've been using computers since 1986 I've done a lot of dirty shitty things to people..  Hell you name it I've most likely done it.  The thing is..  It took me 14 years to learn the difference from right and wrong and  not to have indifference for peoples feelings.   Though I'm still a jerk I do now see where people are coming from.    I'm the guy that handed Slacker an old pc and a linux book.  He will for ever be missed....

Little side story:  

We had a lineman's hand set and I was about 20 years old and he was 17 or 18.    We were outside our friends girlfriends apartment running a phone line from the next door business and we look over and our friend is doing his girlfriend in the butt.  We can see it through the window.  Then we see him dip his stuff into a container of "I can't believe it's not butter" to use it for lube.  Our friend we sometimes refurred to as "bull" because he ran around naked at parties and well you guessed the other part i'm sure..    So he lubes up and gets busy she looks like she's going to die.  Well we decide we've had enough of watching that and laughing and get back to making our phone calls to Mexico and Australia.  Plus a few sex lines. 

We go back in party all night and sleep.  The next morning this guy named Tony comes over..  We all hate tony because he's a big bum.   We watch him come in make him self at home and goto the fridge.  Well at the fridge he pulls out the I can't believe it's not butter and makes him self some toast.  We all start laughing and he has no idea whats going on so he keeps eatting his toast with the "butter" on it..  ;)    

My self and our other friend have dopped him as a friend but we will always remember the normal guy we hung out with!  RIP bro.   (I doubt he will live very long after this shit) If he makes it out I hope he betters his life and grows up!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:48:45 AM by Cyph »

Offline jx

• PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +62/-22
  • When the fone green I pink up the fone&say yellow
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 12:49:55 AM »
Hi Cypher! Thanks for the update. I know I speak for more than just myself when I say I appreciate it. I hope you continue to keep us abreast on any new updates with his situation.

I know RBCP and Rogue won't be the only ones to miss him. He is a good guy and his presence has already been missed. Especially on IRC. :'( (We don't miss YOU anymore Lestan because you haven't been in so long.)

I would like to echo Rogue's echoing about posting his address. I want to do what I can to make it better for him.

Thanks again for the update,
jenn

Offline linear

• High Priest of Operations
  • OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +47/-79
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 01:06:05 AM »
that sucks. i like s1acker a lot. how long is his sentence?

also, you're an idiot for trying to blame drug & alcohol abuse/prison on pranks.

Offline Lestan Gregor

• PLA Bitch
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 01:08:43 AM »
Its more likely that the drug and alcohol abuse contributed to the lack of drive and prankdom...not the other way around.

Regardless, i will miss him.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 01:11:14 AM »
As dumb and awful a thing as it is to pull a gun on some random guy in an argument, I still don't see the logic in so-called retributive justice. S1acker sounds like he has some major problems that he needs help with, it seems bullshit that so many such people get sent to straight to the can instead of a proper mental health facility (and not some bullshit Cuckoo's Nest type place either a real one). Sending people to jail never makes them better, often a whole lot worse.

I haven't been on IRC too much regularily (girlfriend, working nights) but if he still remembers me I'd be happy to mail stuff to hopefully take his mind off things for a bit anyway.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 08:42:32 AM by Tachyon »
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline nova

• El Fireman
  • PLA Corporate Drone
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 02:30:32 AM »
Does this mean no more pla skype conferences?

Offline nova

• El Fireman
  • PLA Corporate Drone
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 03:08:22 AM »
that sucks. i like s1acker a lot. how long is his sentence?

Slacker is going to prison for 5 years!   This is NOT A Prank!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 03:25:33 AM »
How much of his 5 year sentence is he likely to do?  Assuming he's a model prisoner, will they let him out after 3 or 4 years instead?  Hopefully the years of soberness will help him out a little.  Doesn't seem right to lock him up for that long when he didn't actually hurt anyone.  Has he been arrested before for anything?

S1acker was a fun person on the Skype conferences.  Now that he's gone I wish I'd spent more time on the conferences with him.  I hope he still loves the PLA when he gets out and visits the site.  Assuming I still love the PLA and have the site.