Author Topic: Hey look, the forums are back!  (Read 4126 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Hey look, the forums are back!
« on: October 07, 2008, 05:18:10 AM »
I still don't know exactly what happened, but somehow a bit of the MySQL database became corrupted.  I couldn't find anything wrong by skimming the 180,000 lines of code manually, so I just started dropping unimportant tables until the forums worked again.  Luckily the only tables I dropped were related to the arcade.

This means the arcade is broken for now.  This also means that all your scores for the arcade won't be coming back unless I happen to have a bunch of free time on my hands this week and feel like trying to fix that.  I think a bunch of the games will lose their descriptions too.  What a pain in the ass.

As most of you probably have noticed, my new web host is shitty.  The site locks up frequently and I have to call them to reboot it.  Yesterday after the reboot, the forums disappeared.  My guess is that the database file was in the process of being written to as the reboot happened and it messed something up.  That's just a guess and maybe it's a stupid theory.  Anyway, we'll be with a new web host before the month is over and hopefully these problems will go away.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Hey look, the forums are back!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:07:19 PM »
I signed up for a new server today so I'm going to be moving things over probably later this week.  This means I'll be setting up the forums integration with the rest of the site again so we'll have recent posts on phonelosers.org and stuff like that.  Let's all join in prayer so that everything works.

Offline jx

• PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +62/-22
  • When the fone green I pink up the fone&say yellow
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:47:09 AM »
Let's all join in prayer so that everything works.

Scott the Believer and I went to fucking church and worshipped the goddamned lord to hell and back in the name of the forums.

Amen.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 12:51:45 AM by jenn »

Offline handl3r

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +53/-11
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 03:41:48 AM »
Finally a reason to get up in the morning.