Author Topic: Asterisk & VoIP  (Read 1321 times)

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
Asterisk & VoIP
« on: November 18, 2008, 05:43:29 PM »
Anyone here have any experience setting up Asterisk?

I've got it installed and from the console you can dial and work thru the default prompts but I am having trouble connecting my sip phone (which connects fine to voxalot) and I am trying to follow the directions here to setup cidspoof.

My eventual goal is to get a DID assigned inward and let it route with $poofcard-like prompts to change the cid. Basically to make a free spoofing service for select individuals and to be able to host non-$kype conferences.
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
Re: Asterisk & VoIP
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 08:49:25 PM »
I have used Asterisk quite a bit.

Have you added your SIP phone to sip.conf? You're entry should look something like this:

Code: [Select]
[201]
type=friend
host=dynamic
username=201
secret=password
canreinvite=no
nat=yes
context=myphone
dtmfmode=rfc2833
allow=all

Then you just need a "myphone" context in extensions.conf, like:

Code: [Select]
[myphone]
exten => 102,1,Answer()
exten => 102,2,Playback(demo-echotest)
exten => 102,3,Echo
exten => 102,4,Playback(demo-echodone)
exten => 102,5,Hangup

Or you can just change the context= in sip.conf to a context that already exists in extensions.conf
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 09:46:18 AM »
EDIT: Ok I was able to connect with a software phone (X-Lite) ... I seem to be having problems with my N95 as a Sip phone... was working perfect on voxalot but now giving me issues...

Also I don't think my agi is running when I dial an extension... is there a certain folder I should place the agi into?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 10:38:38 AM by ravenmaddox »

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 12:27:51 AM »
Finally I have learned Asterisk (well enough to be a moderate hack at it  :nonsense: )

Turns out the agi did need to be in a certain folder and not the one that the forums claimed. I finally just opened up the console and watched for the errors. It then told me where it was looking for the agi. Then when it *STILL* didn't want to work and I threatened it with physical destruction by sledge hammer I realized, heh, I never chmod my script. Dumass...

Of course then I started looking at the script, and I thought I could do it better in extensions.conf using just asterisk commands... Now here we are 4 days and 5 hours since my mission began and *TA DA* It Werks!! I now have a DID I can call where it will ask me for a number to $poof (10 digits) and then give me a dial tone to dial whomever I wish to prank! w00t!!

I've already figured out how to add some cheap auth using VMAuthenticate and I have a ton more ideas of how to tweak it on out. Plus Ima write a how-to in the next couple of days... but for now its late and I'm just happy it werks!!!