Author Topic: Black Friday store pranks  (Read 41163 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Black Friday store pranks
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2011, 04:46:44 PM »
problem... do you know what kind of phone system that they have and how to pick up parked calls on that system with a POTS phone?

They upgraded their systems recently and the model number is up in this thread somewhere.  Most Wal-Marts I've been in have used normal, featureless phones on their posts.  They still use cordless phones in electronics, which look like normal phones like anyone owns, so I'm betting a person could bring in a cordless phone and hook it up to an empty jack on a post.

Picking up parked calls is easy - #9801 for line 1 and #9802 for line 2.

Offline Darkstranger

• Femme Fatale
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-0
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2011, 10:10:19 AM »
Please wear a sexy blue smock.  <3

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2011, 10:10:44 PM »
I think Black Friday might be another big fail for me this year.  All of the Wal-Marts have quit using cordless phones in their electronics department, probably because of their recent phone system overhaul.  So I called up every Target within a 1-hour radius and got all of their cordless phone model numbers from electronics and from the fitting rooms.  For the most part, they all use the same few models of V-Tech and Uniden cordless phones, which are the same ones they sell in their stores.

Both of the main 2 models used require me to physically place my cordless phone handset into their base unit so that they can register with each other.  So it's not like other phones I've had in the past where you push a button on each device to register them together.

Anyone have any awesome ideas about how I would do this?  In electronics, the base units are next to the register, sort of on the counter.  So if nobody was looking, I could just drop my handset into one.  Seems like it'd be easy for me to be spotted though.

I could also just walk up to the employee in electronics or at the fitting room and ask them to sync my handset.  I could wear an employee uniform and they'd just assume I'm an employee.  I don't know if I'm willing to be that brazen for this prank though. 

Someone else suggested that I bring the handset in and pretend it's having problems and ask the electronics person to set it in the base to see if it works.  I'm not exactly sure how that would fix my imaginary problem, but I bet even tech-savvy employees wouldn't think much of it.  Maybe that'd be the safest way to go about it.

If anyone has any other ideas or words of encouragement, I'd like to hear it.

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-8
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »
Anyone else have any good stories from today?

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2011, 09:55:29 AM »
Me and Evie successfully tricked a Target into syncing our phone with their base.  We now have an extension phone that connects to their system from our car in the parking lot.  We hung out there a lot yesterday, but only got a couple good calls from it.  The problem is that the Target operator screens all the calls and tries to help the customers herself by  radioing to the other employees to ask them questions.  There is apparently no way to steal the customers from her while she's waiting for an answer. 

The only way to pick up a customer line is when the operator transfers the call to an extension for another employee to pick up.  Once she transfers the call, she'll say over the radio, "Toys, you have a call on 2280."  Once I hear that, I can try to beat toys at picking up the extension.  Sometimes I fail and they get it before me.  We're going to drive back there today and see if we have any better luck with it today.

Offline Cyclopath

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-5
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2012, 05:48:57 PM »
Right after I quit @ Office Max, I came back in my khakis, blue polo, and walkie-talkie ready to wreck havok. I forgot that nobody shops at Office Max, though, and there were only like a 4:1 customer:employee ratio. My co-workers caught on right away and kicked me out. I did, however, get to have fun on the radio outside the store. Since they do layout the morning of (or night before) the sale, most people aren't sure where anything is located. Using a standard walkie-talkie, it's very easy to get employees asking their manager where a certain doorbuster item is located to lead customers all over the store in a wild goose chase, forcing them to leave in frustration. I've also done this at Best Buy and at Target, but the results were more memorable at Office Max (the store was small enough that I could see the hilarity unfolding).

Here's an idea:

1: Go into the store and pick an individual that looks like they'd be fun to mess with (or better yet, trick somebody you don't like into going to the store at a specific time)
2: Act like that individual is stealing; announce what ever code they have for theft and describe the selected victim. Make sure you do it in a way that they'll actually go after the person.
3: Have some popcorn as the victim is approached by the loss prevention agents.

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2012, 12:29:16 AM »
some states will be having tax free weekends on school stuff in a few weeks and will be full people trying to save $.5 off a box of crayons, might be good to try something then
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:34:44 AM by nomadcowatbk »

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2012, 09:24:15 PM »
there's always the old CD prank at stores that have CD players on display

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/edXyTi8xB1I&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/edXyTi8xB1I&rel=1</a>

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2012, 11:30:36 AM »
I finally got my Wal-Mart vests that I've been wanting to get for years now.  Tomorrow should be interesting.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qh3zKqi5wFU&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/qh3zKqi5wFU&rel=1</a>

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2012, 02:06:28 PM »
you could also pose as walmart employees on strike

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »
We did the vest thing this Friday:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7CgoK3_C0Y8&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/7CgoK3_C0Y8&rel=1</a>

I know, it could have been better.  We were disorganized and got a late start and had problems with our spy pens not turning on.  We're going to try it again at least once more during the holiday season and see if we can get some better stuff.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:03:49 AM by rbcp »

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2012, 08:21:02 PM »
We did the vest thing this Friday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CgoK3_C0Y8

I know, it could have been better.  We were disorganized and got a late start and had problems with our spy pens not turning on.  We're going to try it again at least once more during the holiday season and see if we can get some better stuff.

the days right before and after christmas will probably be the busiest

Offline Arox!

• please don't tickle me
  • PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-42
  • *Random Mike Tyson Quote*
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2012, 06:48:08 AM »
Someone I know "took over" the walmart radios. They don't wear headsets so everyone can hear what is said :D. They use regular MURS frequencies if anyone was wondering, technically it's not even illegal to broadcast. 
L̬͙O͓Ḽ̼͔̭̯

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2012, 11:16:47 AM »
find some blue golf shirts for Best Buy

Offline nomadcowatbk

• PLA Guru
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2013, 02:40:18 AM »
Any plans or ideas for this year? There's also the releases of the PS4 and XBOX1 where people will be camping outside the stores.