Author Topic: Yard Sale Anyone?  (Read 13295 times)

Offline jx

• PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +62/-22
  • When the fone green I pink up the fone&say yellow
Re: Yard Sale Anyone?
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2009, 07:46:03 PM »
We should make it a contest to see who can keep the hosts on the phone for the longest time. A certain member of this community who excels in this capacity will school us all, though.

Offline sabrebutt

• Toothpaste Salesperson
  • Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +11/-5
  • Ask me about my smile.
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »
We should make it a contest to see who can keep the hosts on the phone for the longest time. A certain member of this community who excels in this capacity will school us all, though.

You MUST be talking about Legend

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2009, 08:34:35 PM »
are we going to be trying any themes (besides tons of cactus of course)?

Lets call in as PLA characters and buy/sell things related to them.  Like be Dino and sell your cordless phone and rant about prank callers listening in. Or be Mildred Monday selling your black siding.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2009, 03:54:31 AM »
WAKE THE FUCK UP EVERYBODY! YARD SALE!!!!!!

Edit: Who is going to record this? My microphone is acting all ghey right now.  :'(

Edit edit: Got it working.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 04:26:09 AM by Magus »

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2009, 03:59:49 AM »
i'm up, and in irc in #phonelosers on efnet.  i'd be in freedom uplink as well, but that server seems to be doing something wonky and not letting me connect.
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline CerealKiller

• Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-30
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2009, 04:27:55 AM »
Hi i'm mike and i sold the truck. My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself. A lil payback for me and handler.
You're Killing Me Smalls!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2009, 04:53:34 AM »
The screener is pretty brutal!  Be ready with what your selling and the price, your name and your phone number.  He hung up on me just because I stumbled over the price.

The host is pretty good at hitting the dump button, so it's probably best to keep your prank subtle.

Offline Pyloninator

• Well Said Robin!
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2009, 05:58:06 AM »
That screener was pretty goddamn brutal.

I said my name, and my location, and he asked for an exact address.

Troll is unsuccessful, I say we raid another show with an easier screener. This was almost no fun.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2009, 06:10:43 AM »
Right before I went on the air, the screener interrupted me again and asked for my zip code. I messed up when trying to say a St. Louis one and he disconnected me :(

The screener is pretty brutal!  Be ready with what your selling and the price, your name and your phone number.  He hung up on me just because I stumbled over the price.

On the plus side, think of all the legitimate callers that got hung up on :D

Offline greenhippo33

• PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-9
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2009, 06:15:05 AM »
Right before I went on the air, the screener interrupted me again and asked for my zip code. I messed up when trying to say a St. Louis one and he disconnected me :(

Same thing with me , he cut in 2 times and asked me my address and then the second time asked my name again and I forgot what I said at first he grunted and hung up on me , I woke up with only an hour of show to go and  I didn't et on the air once but thats cool I'm to sleepy anyways I'm going to bed back to bed , cant wait to hear the stuff I missed tho

Offline Idontlikerabbits

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-1
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2009, 06:21:23 AM »
I got through pretty easily, as "Brad" selling a ford focus. I just wrote the zip down and a number in front of me so i wouldnt slip up if he asked.

Offline greenhippo33

• PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-9
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2009, 06:28:06 AM »
I got through pretty easily, as "Brad" selling a ford focus. I just wrote the zip down and a number in front of me so i wouldnt slip up if he asked.

That was a pretty funny call I got to hear that one

Offline Idontlikerabbits

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-1
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2009, 09:37:14 AM »
Here's a quick edit of the mob. All in all it went pretty well considering how hard they were screening people and how liberal the host was with the cutoff delay. I'll probably do a quick youtube video with some crude animation and upload it later.

http://www.telecom-munists.org/YardSaleMobMar09.mp3
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 05:17:27 PM by Idontlikerabbits »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2009, 10:23:38 AM »
Here's a quick edit of the mob. All in all it went pretty well considering how hard they were screening people and how liberal the host was with the cutoff delay. I'll probably do a quick youtube video with some crude animation and upload it later.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OOW89MHX

Did you record the entire 2 hours?  If so, I won't bother editing my own recording.  I missed about the last 30 minutes of the show because I fell out of my chair onto the floor and slept for about 3 hours.  Getting up at 5am sucks.

EDIT: Looks like you did.  Sounds great!  Too bad so many punchlines got cut off.

EDIT AGAIN: AW MAN!  Mildred's happy birthday singing got cut off!  It was so brilliant too!  I got to hear it on the phone because I was on hold, but I guess he got cut off on the air.  Dammit, that was so awesome.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:42:49 AM by rbcp »

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2009, 07:29:58 PM »
EDIT AGAIN: AW MAN!  Mildred's happy birthday singing got cut off!  It was so brilliant too!  I got to hear it on the phone because I was on hold, but I guess he got cut off on the air.  Dammit, that was so awesome.

Don't feel bad. The song I sung got cut off, too :'(
The third prank call to the show (using the name Chase) I sung this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cp_LbxGNU_g&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cp_LbxGNU_g&rel=1</a>