Author Topic: The Phone Show  (Read 109665 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: The Phone Show
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 07:37:43 PM »
503-796-4020. The voice mail number. He just uses the same skype account.

The area code is 505.  So 505-796-4020.

Offline thefinn93

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-2
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 08:23:04 PM »

that's what i meant. sorry, i live in the 503 area code and typed that accidentally. oops!

Offline BigTimeGlitch

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 09:04:54 PM »
I'm listening to the second episode now.

I agree with Magus: do live pranks. Prank old people, places of business, and PLAers.

Do you have a delay, or can our dirty words get through?
I can't think of anything clever to put here, but I don't want to leave it blank, either.
So, KIRBY DANCE!
(> ")> ~ <( " )> ~ <("<) ~ ('< ) ~ <(   )> ~ ( >') ~ (>")>

Offline MildredMonday

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 09:13:49 AM »
Maybe I'll stay up tonight and call in toward the beginning. Btw, I can't get that song about being eaten by a grue out of my head; it's so catchy. I'm not generally into rap, but some of the stuff RBCP chose was amusing and nerdy in a good way. Is all of it mainly supposed to be rap, or could it be mixed in with other stuff?

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 09:22:11 AM »
Maybe I'll stay up tonight and call in toward the beginning. Btw, I can't get that song about being eaten by a grue out of my head; it's so catchy. I'm not generally into rap, but some of the stuff RBCP chose was amusing and nerdy in a good way. Is all of it mainly supposed to be rap, or could it be mixed in with other stuff?

The Grue song is MC Frontalot.  I can play any music I want on the show since they claim they're licensed to play anything.  I'm going to try and lean towards independent artists, though.  I've been trying to make the switch to independent music on PLA Radio too, but that hasn't been going so well.  It's going to suck when the RIAA demands that I take down all the PLA Radio episodes.

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 10:19:31 AM »

The Grue song is MC Frontalot.  I can play any music I want on the show since they claim they're licensed to play anything.  I'm going to try and lean towards independent artists, though.  I've been trying to make the switch to independent music on PLA Radio too, but that hasn't been going so well.  It's going to suck when the RIAA demands that I take down all the PLA Radio episodes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4nigRT2KmCE&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/4nigRT2KmCE&rel=1</a>
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +18/-31
  • 1337 13V3L: +9999/-1
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 10:30:55 AM »
Quote from: http://www.riaa.com/physicalpiracy.php
"One credible analysis by the Institute for Policy Innovation concludes that global music piracy causes $12.5 billion of economic losses every year, 71,060 U.S. jobs lost, a loss of $2.7 billion in workers' earnings, and a loss of $422 million in tax revenues, $291 million in personal income tax and $131 million in lost corporate income and production taxes."
Of course it does
Maybe you should buff the price of music so we won't steal it.

No more rap goddamn it!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:39:39 PM by RushPwnsX »
Atonal apples.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 04:48:48 PM »
Quote from: http://www.riaa.com/physicalpiracy.php
"One credible analysis by the Institute for Policy Innovation concludes that global music piracy causes $12.5 billion of economic losses every year, 71,060 U.S. jobs lost, a loss of $2.7 billion in workers' earnings, and a loss of $422 million in tax revenues, $291 million in personal income tax and $131 million in lost corporate income and production taxes."
Of course it does
Maybe you should buff the price of music so we won't steal it.

The RIAA needs to understand that there's this little thing called the passing effects of time.

If we shut down every new technology that has cost people money or jobs, we wouldn't have cars (hurt the horse-and-buggy business) or computers (hurt the libraries) or phones (hurt the post office) or really anything at all.

They need to find a way to manage their losses and take advantage of this crazy P2P world we live in, instead of trying to sue their way back on top. Because if they sued me, for example, I'd never buy another CD for the rest of my life just to be a douche about it.

I think I'll actually stay up tonight to listen. Maybe even call in.
We could prank some motel guests, Arby. Wouldn't that be fun?! :D

Offline Zell

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +6/-15
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 05:21:38 PM »
http://www.cactusrocks.net/01_home.html

1.  Obtain Cactus music

2.  Play on radio

3.  ???

4.  Profit!

Offline nwbell

• catsex and dead hookers?
  • Full-time Posting Prostitute
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-0
  • My bid is five... five CACTI! BWAHAHA!!!
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »
I've been waiting somewhere in the neighborhood of forever for Arbie to start doing something like PLA Radio that was more terrestrial radio friendly... you know, something that is released on a regular schedule, always runs for a predictable amount of time, and is pre-censored. I didn't want to ask, since I figured that someone else would eventually.

Now the time has come! I seriously hoped that this would be the Show I've Been Waiting For.

Well, so far it's not... but there's still time.

RBCP: please consider this a formal request. I take care of the engineering and, to a lesser extent, scheduling for a noncom AM station (which, with any luck, will soon have an FM sister station). The station is automated every night from 10p-6a. Since day one I have REALLY wanted to have something along the lines of PLA Radio to run during these hours... maybe an hour-long program issued once a week. But because of (mainly) the sporadic release schedule of PLA Radio, I haven't been in a hurry to do the needed editing.

So far I've been giving the listeners their phreaking phix by running Off The Hook in the 1a-2a slot on Wednesdays. But I'm not whole-heartedly happy about doing that. Emmanuel's rants are one thing, but let's face it - it's just filler. I long to share the PLA goodness with my unsuspecting friends and neighbors!

If this ever evolves into what I'm hoping for, well... you can just call me Affiliate #2 of the PLA Radio Network :)
I am an internet haxor. I haxor the internet. It's a pretty good job, million a year plus bennies. So, yeah.
PLA-Minnesota... "A Distant Memory To The Unfortunate Few" • (206) 350-CACTI

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 07:32:44 PM »
NWBell - feel free to use any PLA thing you want on the AM station.  I'll try to keep putting up the archives of The Phone Show regularly, but I can't guarantee that there won't be occasional cursing in it since the Party 934 people don't seem to mind.

Speaking of Party 934 and my skepticism over their FM broadcasting, this evening I started up their test stream server to mess around with the levels on my mic. and then I turned on the test stream in my Itunes on the other computer.  There's always a bit of a delay (maybe 5 - 10 seconds) between me talking and it coming out on the stream.  So I was surprised today to hear 5 - 10 seconds of radio station ID stuff and them saying that the Black Eyed Peas were coming up next.  Then it went silent as my feed kicked in.  Not that the test feed really goes out on the FM station, but I'm slightly more convinced now that this is on the actual terrestrial airwaves.

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 07:38:44 PM »
http://www.cactusrocks.net/01_home.html
1.  Obtain Cactus music
2.  Play on radio
3.  ???
4.  Profit!
;)

I hope I can listen in tonight... I have to get up at 7:30 to go get my herpes medication... But if I can't fall asleep...

Ehh... Screw it! Who needs sleep? I didn't sleep last night.

Coffee is almost as awesome as RUSH
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 07:53:44 PM by RushPwnsX »
Atonal apples.

Offline sigflup

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-7
    • pants
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 07:55:58 PM »
I have to get up at 7:30 to go get my herpes medication... But if I can't fall asleep...

Holy shit, I have to get up 7:30 to go get my herpes medication too. How fucking funny is that? We should go together!

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 08:19:35 PM »
I have to get up at 7:30 to go get my herpes medication... But if I can't fall asleep...
Holy shit, I have to get up 7:30 to go get my herpes medication too. How fucking funny is that? We should go together!
k    ;D

Since I might be on tonight (or this morning or whatever)
Can you maybe play some RUSH? Led Zep... Black Led Zep... The sliding glass Doors... purplish Pink Floyd... CCR... Metal lika... the state of Kansas... the city of Boston.. pick up Sticks... the man who Wheezes... The animal-like Animals... almost Deep Purple... a woman's Bush... The poisonous Beatles... creamy Cream?
At least some They Might Be Giraffes   c'mon
But for the love of God NO RAP
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:23:39 PM by RushPwnsX »
Atonal apples.

Offline xanitos

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 08:26:50 PM »
I will be listening. Go go nerdcore!

Also I'm a noob and I don't know RBCP's skype for call-ins.