Author Topic: The Phone Show  (Read 109656 times)

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +18/-31
  • 1337 13V3L: +9999/-1
Re: The Phone Show
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 10:06:47 PM »
krazey wacky stuff  :o

YES
TEH TREEZZZZZ

:) :D ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 10:33:45 PM by RushPwnsX »
Atonal apples.

Offline jx

• PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +62/-22
  • When the fone green I pink up the fone&say yellow
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 10:36:13 PM »
krazey wacky stuff  :o

YES
TEH TREEZZZZZ

:) :D ;D

Guess who helped him pick it?  ;D

linear's reaction was so genuine it made me l0lirlrly. He sounded like Cartman when he said "Oh goddammit."  :D :D :D

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 10:42:51 PM »
linear's reaction was so genuine it made me l0lirlrly. He sounded like Cartman when he said "Oh goddammit."  :D :D :D
Yea XD
Do you think it would be too much to ask for 2112 (the song) next? loil
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 10:44:44 PM by RushPwnsX »
Atonal apples.

Offline jx

• PLA Army
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 10:50:33 PM »
Yea XD

The post before this one was my 212th post.  :o :o :o :nonsense: :nonsense: :nonsense:

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 10:52:13 PM »
Yea XD

The post before this one was my 212th post.  :o :o :o :nonsense: :nonsense: :nonsense:
I is laughing and it's in FF 'cause wut waz said prevously was so funnay.
and mine was the 33rd reply... 21+12
I'd like to call in... but *67 isn't enough... I need something to modify my voice... So I don't get tracked down by the government with their advanced equipment stuff.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:53:15 AM by RushPwnsX »
Atonal apples.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 09:05:46 AM »
I'd like to call in... but *67 isn't enough... I need something to modify my voice... So I don't get tracked down by the government with their advanced equipment stuff.

I hope you're not worried about me having your phone number.  I really don't care who you are and I won't save anyone's number.  I'm pretty sure *67 blocks it from Skype though.

Last night's show is up in the archives now.  I even put it in the PLA Radio feed, which is sure to piss off a lot of people.

Offline nwbell

• catsex and dead hookers?
  • Full-time Posting Prostitute
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-0
  • My bid is five... five CACTI! BWAHAHA!!!
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2009, 09:27:05 AM »
NWBell - feel free to use any PLA thing you want on the AM station.

Thanks! Off to the production room I go...

So I was surprised today to hear 5 - 10 seconds of radio station ID stuff and them saying that the Black Eyed Peas were coming up next.

Was there a legal ID involved, and if so, did you happen to catch the call letter and/or community of license?

I've been doing some research on this "Party 934", and it seems to me that they're either using a leased HD2/HD3 channel on some other licensed station (rather unlikely), they're a pirate (somewhat likely), or their terrestrial station doesn't exist in the area they say it does (rather likely).

Any PLAers in the area able to confirm/deny that "Party 934" is on the air at 102.5 somewhere in the Hudson Valley region of New York?

BTW, their website has been down yesterday and today, as far as I can tell.
I am an internet haxor. I haxor the internet. It's a pretty good job, million a year plus bennies. So, yeah.
PLA-Minnesota... "A Distant Memory To The Unfortunate Few" • (206) 350-CACTI

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
I sound weird on the air.
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline jx

• PLA Army
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2009, 10:07:51 AM »
I sound weird on the air.

I won't listen to myself because I know what I sound like. A voice only a mother could love.  :'(

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2009, 10:08:46 AM »
Was there a legal ID involved, and if so, did you happen to catch the call letter and/or community of license?

I've been doing some research on this "Party 934", and it seems to me that they're either using a leased HD2/HD3 channel on some other licensed station (rather unlikely), they're a pirate (somewhat likely), or their terrestrial station doesn't exist in the area they say it does (rather likely).

Any PLAers in the area able to confirm/deny that "Party 934" is on the air at 102.5 somewhere in the Hudson Valley region of New York?

Their website has never been down for me.  I was on it a few times yesterday and I just checked it and it's up.  You're going to http://www.party934.com right?

I doubt it's a pirate station.  They're an actual corporation and had me sign some agreements to do this.  Everything about them seems legit and professional.  The only part that hasn't checked out is confirming that the broadcasts go out on a real FM station.  Maybe if I have some extra time this week I'll call up random people throughout the Hudson Valley and ask them to turn on their radios and see what's playing on that station.  I think he said the market size is 300,000 so it seems like at least a couple of that many people would be able to pick it up.

Offline notlist3d

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2009, 10:42:34 AM »
Listening to the phone show number 3 right now.  I have to say i really liked the "20:10 Brad promotes The Phone Show to Hudson Valley listeners" section.  I vote for more calls promoting the show on show 4.

Offline nwbell

• catsex and dead hookers?
  • Full-time Posting Prostitute
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-0
  • My bid is five... five CACTI! BWAHAHA!!!
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2009, 10:43:39 AM »
Still appears to be down from here. I was only able to view their pages using Google's cache. Maybe my ISP is up to some sort of monkey business.

But yeah, it just seems a bit odd. My little bit of research consisted of finding a map of the Hudson Valley region, then looking for all the FMs whose community of license was on the map. Long story short, there was none on 102.5. In fact, the only three stations on 102.5 in all of New York state were owned by big companies: WTSS Buffalo (Entercom), WUMX Rome (Galaxy), and WBAZ Bridgehampton (Long Island Broadcasting).

It's quite possible that I was going about this wrong, since I know nothing about New York (maybe this Hudson Valley region is close to the border or something). But that's my somewhat educated guess.

I've got a link to their stream now, so I'm going to try and listen around the top of the hour (about 20 minutes away). Maybe I can prove myself wrong ;)
I am an internet haxor. I haxor the internet. It's a pretty good job, million a year plus bennies. So, yeah.
PLA-Minnesota... "A Distant Memory To The Unfortunate Few" • (206) 350-CACTI

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2009, 11:53:10 AM »

Their website has never been down for me.  I was on it a few times yesterday and I just checked it and it's up.  You're going to http://www.party934.com right?

I doubt it's a pirate station.  They're an actual corporation and had me sign some agreements to do this.  Everything about them seems legit and professional.  The only part that hasn't checked out is confirming that the broadcasts go out on a real FM station.  Maybe if I have some extra time this week I'll call up random people throughout the Hudson Valley and ask them to turn on their radios and see what's playing on that station.  I think he said the market size is 300,000 so it seems like at least a couple of that many people would be able to pick it up.

I doubt it is its own FM station, since I can't find any evidence of it in the FCC database. An HD radio subchannel is a possibility.
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2009, 12:11:09 PM »
I doubt it is its own FM station, since I can't find any evidence of it in the FCC database. An HD radio subchannel is a possibility.

I was thinking of that subchannel possibility too.  I just read about how HD radio works last year.  I'm pretty sure not one single person in the U.S. owns an HD radio though.  I've never even seen them in stores.  I saw one on Gizmodo.com once, but that's it.  So if we're on a subchannel, that's about the equivalent of not being on the radio at all.

Not that I'm complaining about it if we're not on the radio.  I'm happy enough with being given an internet stream to broadcast on.  I'd just like to know for sure one way or the other.

notlist3d: I only played about half of the calls where I called up random people to promote.  The other half has a lady that gets mad at me and promises to call the station tomorrow to complain about me.  I'll play that half next week.

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2009, 12:20:11 PM »
I hope you're not worried about me having your phone number.  I really don't care who you are and I won't save anyone's number.  I'm pretty sure *67 blocks it from Skype though.
The government is always watching... and listening... they don't like me...
They're everywhere!!! And the want to kill me...
Be quiet... I said SHUT UP!!
No... Don't make me do that.... No!!! I don't want to!!

and no I'm not suffering from paranoid schizophrenia *lies*... Don't tell them that!!
Atonal apples.