Author Topic: The Phone Show  (Read 109576 times)

Offline telephone head

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
Re: The Phone Show
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2009, 07:52:52 PM »
You should do an interview with Telephone Head..... off d.i.l.l.g.a.f. records after hearing the one with the 976-girls....theres alot more to the story... WAM................ myspace.com/telephonehead

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +18/-31
  • 1337 13V3L: +9999/-1
« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2009, 09:07:49 PM »
... I can't take much more of this!
Atonal apples.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2009, 10:05:27 PM »
I just posted 2 new Phone Show episodes.  This week's was a Defcon wrapup show.

http://www.phonelosers.org/phoneshow/

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2009, 04:15:50 AM »
I just posted 2 new Phone Show episodes.  This week's was a Defcon wrapup show.

http://www.phonelosers.org/phoneshow/

That's great and all, except for the fact that I get a 404 error when clicking the link.
http://www.phonelosers.org/media/The%20Phone%20Show/thephoneshow.090803.mp3

Offline wpuig02

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-7416
  • Most Unpopular PLA Forum Member
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2009, 01:19:48 PM »
new phone show tomorrrow?  ???

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2009, 04:39:13 PM »
Tomorrow will be the last of the shows where I can't take phone calls.  I'm not sure what I'm doing tomorrow.  Maybe playing more unreleased, unedited phone calls that may or may not be funny.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2009, 04:37:25 PM »
http://www.phonelosers.org/phoneshow/ Has last night's Phone Show posted.  Congratulations to phish phreak, who won the contest at the end.

I'm not going to be posting the shows from the previous 3 weeks since no live calls were taken, making the show even more boring than usual.

Offline linear

• High Priest of Operations
  • OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +47/-79
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #202 on: September 02, 2009, 12:22:11 AM »
what is The Phone Show?

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2009, 12:07:09 AM »
what is The Phone Show?

Not PLA Radio.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline Skunkworks

• Senior VP of Google Voice Operations
  • PLA Addict
  • 1337 13V3L: +11/-36
  • Skunk: IT WORKS!
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2009, 05:18:51 PM »
Heyo RBCP. I added your yahoo on my MSN, but if you don't get a chance to get on before the phone show, here is my call for the night. WAV format, 900 and something kb. I'll also play it on your voicemail at 505-796-4020. Please please pretty please play Viva Kneivel by The Baldwin Brothers on tonight's phone show (stream it at: http://www.rhapsody.com/the-baldwin-brothers/cooking-with-lasers/viva-kneivel or I can send you an MP3)

The two service's I mention in my call are pretty neat, both are ways of getting free calls. 800-980-PHAD (7423) has pretty crap quality, but its the only legal way to get 10 minutes of free long distance from any random payphone afaik. Ringplus.net is also cool, their calls have a longer time limit and better quality afaik, but the access numbers are regional and not toll free. Ringplus also passes no caller ID at all, which quite cool. Try it, call yourself with a ringplus account.

And yes I recorded this in 8 bit next to heavy traffic while running sprints at the local track, please make fun of this. And I really did run a half marathon, that is indeed 13.1 miles aka 21 kilometers and I finished in a bit over two hours.

Also, CACTUS CACTUS CACTUS!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 05:30:45 PM by Skunkworks »
" If it's the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number? „ -Robin Williams

Offline Skunkworks

• PLA Addict
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2009, 09:50:52 PM »
RBCP, have you thought of setting up your own server to stream the phone show on when party934's server is down? It's really not that hard to set up your own stream, and that way you could bump the show back to something like 8PM pacific, so that its not so damn late on the east coast. I'm only bringing this up because no one has ever called in from the hudson valley, and I can't remember any callers who didn't know of the PLA otherwise (in other words were just listening to the stream when your show happened to come up and then called in.) That way you'll get more callers on the east coast (such as myself), and not be at the mercy of party934's IT department. You can still play the show on your party934 timeslot, but just have it all recorded off the earlier stream, callers and all. Just an idea.

And you still need to play this awesome song next show: http://www.rhapsody.com/the-baldwin-brothers/cooking-with-lasers/viva-kneivel

-cheers skunkworks  ;D
" If it's the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number? „ -Robin Williams

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2009, 05:58:54 AM »
I've run my own streams before (PLA Radio was originally a stream) but it starts sounding shitty with too many listeners since I don't have really good bandwidth from home.  I'm happy with the Party 934 setup, and them being down is a rare thing.  This is the second time since I started doing the show in March.  I don't think I'd want to start the show earlier than it is now.  10pm CST is the most convenient for me and I don't care about YOU people.

I can play that song if you send me an mp3 of it.  I can't just play it from the web site since the broadcasting software

Offline m0rdekai

• IBA IBA IBA
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +31/-28
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2009, 10:16:46 AM »

The two service's I mention in my call are pretty neat, both are ways of getting free calls. 800-980-PHAD (7423) has pretty crap quality, but its the only legal way to get 10 minutes of free long distance from any random payphone afaik. Ringplus.net is also cool, their calls have a longer time limit and better quality afaik, but the access numbers are regional and not toll free. Ringplus also passes no caller ID at all, which quite cool. Try it, call yourself with a ringplus account.

have yet to use 800980PHAD but I'll be trying that out later today.  However, ringplus DOES pass caller ID.  It may not pass if you're using a local access number, but it definitely passed for me.

UPDATE: Used 800980PHAD.  Useful from skype if you're too cheap to buy skype credit.  I wanna try op-diverting to it so that ANI is dropped, but I have no idea how that will work out.  I'll post later if I find anything useful.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:44:37 PM by m0rdekai »

Careful Nod.  He's just a very clever spambot. 

Your moms a spambot.

Offline linear

• High Priest of Operations
  • OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +47/-79
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2009, 12:03:50 PM »
i told you 5:00 PT would be better, assface.

Hey rbcp, i talked to some people the other day from the Hudson Valley area, there is definitely no correlating station.

Offline Skunkworks

• PLA Addict
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2009, 11:52:51 AM »

have yet to use 800980PHAD but I'll be trying that out later today.  However, ringplus DOES pass caller ID.  It may not pass if you're using a local access number, but it definitely passed for me.

Ah, interesting. I was just trying it out with a local access number on my parents old POTS line (which doesn't have long distance) so I figured it was always true.

I've run my own streams before (PLA Radio was originally a stream) but it starts sounding shitty with too many listeners since I don't have really good bandwidth from home.  I'm happy with the Party 934 setup, and them being down is a rare thing.  This is the second time since I started doing the show in March.  I don't think I'd want to start the show earlier than it is now.  10pm CST is the most convenient for me and I don't care about YOU people.

I can play that song if you send me an mp3 of it.  I can't just play it from the web site since the broadcasting software

Oh, I wasn't aware that enough people listened to the phone show for you to have bandiwidth problems on your 56k. j/k ;D
I'll send you the MP3 soon.

Edit: Ok, MP3 sent to brad (atsign) phonelosers (dot) org. MP3 was compressed to 160k so its around 6MiB. Yay phone show, just please talk more about phreaking this time.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:31:25 PM by Skunkworks »