Author Topic: The Phone Show  (Read 109548 times)

Offline Skunkworks

• Senior VP of Google Voice Operations
  • PLA Addict
  • 1337 13V3L: +11/-36
  • Skunk: IT WORKS!
Re: The Phone Show
« Reply #240 on: November 04, 2009, 03:11:01 PM »
RBCP is being so damn lazy again, so here is an uncut bootleg of the 11/02/09 phone show. mp3-128k

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2T9DPTTW

Complete with three call-ins by my, the last of which involved poorly designed voice obfuscation by spoof card.  ::)
" If it's the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number? „ -Robin Williams

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2009, 03:48:56 PM »
The Phone Show is moving to Manic Radio next week.  We're also moving to a different time/day.  We'll be on Tuesday nights at 9pm Pacific.  A full hour earlier for you east coast people.  The show will be the same, except that we can once again make live prank calls and say naughty words as much as we like.

I also moved my computer desk to the other side of my bedroom so I can pretend I'm in a new studio.

Offline jx

• PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +62/-22
  • When the fone green I pink up the fone&say yellow
« Reply #242 on: November 04, 2009, 04:09:29 PM »
The Phone Show is moving to Manic Radio next week.  We're also moving to a different time/day.  We'll be on Tuesday nights at 9pm Pacific.  A full hour earlier for you east coast people.  The show will be the same, except that we can once again make live prank calls and say naughty words as much as we like.

I also moved my computer desk to the other side of my bedroom so I can pretend I'm in a new studio.

*bangyourhead* *hippy* *cheers* etc. etc.

This is good news indeed! Thanks arbie and congrats!

Offline Skunkworks

• Senior VP of Google Voice Operations
  • PLA Addict
  • 1337 13V3L: +11/-36
  • Skunk: IT WORKS!
« Reply #243 on: November 05, 2009, 12:01:38 AM »
Wonderful!  :D

Does this mean that I'm allowed to call in more than twice per episode too? If not then screw it.  ;D

In all seriousnesseses, I'd love to co-host an epp at some point in the future. Of course then you'd actually have to talk phreaking, but it might be worth the effort.
" If it's the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number? „ -Robin Williams

Offline jx

• PLA Army
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2009, 06:08:59 PM »
Go register at the Manic Radio chat so we can all chat with each other during the phone show!

Edit: Twitter/Facebook/MySpace spam you can conveniently cut and paste to promote The Phone Show:

Phone Show 2night 9p PDT/12a EDT | About: http://tinyurl.com/mgbwvu |
Listen: http://tinyurl.com/yl9ctft | Chat: http://tinyurl.com/ylrvkvh
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 06:24:04 PM by jenn »

Offline handl3r

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +53/-11
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2009, 09:08:45 PM »
Go register at the Manic Radio chat so we can all chat with each other during the phone show!

Edit: Twitter/Facebook/MySpace spam you can conveniently cut and paste to promote The Phone Show:

Phone Show 2night 9p PDT/12a EDT | About: http://tinyurl.com/mgbwvu |
Listen: http://tinyurl.com/yl9ctft | Chat: http://tinyurl.com/ylrvkvh
What about IRC?

Offline vixen

• Full-time Posting Prostitute
  • 1337 13V3L: +25/-26
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2009, 09:41:50 PM »
hello guys. i haven't posted on the forum in monthssssss

i'm also listening to my first phoneshow

and i am high as fuck.

:)

Offline jx

• PLA Army
« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2009, 11:05:55 PM »
Wow, that was fun. One of the best Phone Shows ever. (If you weren't in the chat room, you missed out.) We should take over chat rooms more often. Here is most of the log (until I was forcibly removed).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:10:45 AM by jenn »

Offline linear

• High Priest of Operations
  • OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +47/-79
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2009, 11:54:38 PM »
my attempt to curry the favor of the mods early on by acting like the victim didn't work long. but i did get some private messages at first from the mod telling me they'll take care of Tears of Blood for trolling before they realized s/he didn't do anything.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #249 on: November 11, 2009, 01:53:49 PM »
I really enjoyed last night too.  Fucking with the regulars in the chatroom was cracking me up.  And that call someone made, impersonating the mods there was classic.  This is seriously pissing off the station owner (JC), though.  I guess they're not used to our brand of humor.  They've had issues with drama in the chat room and on the air  this past year, so I think that's making them extra zealous towards our carefree attitude.

I chatted with the station owner afterward and he said it can't continue like this.  I told him a week or two ago that if he wants me to send people into the chat room, I'm not going to have any way to control them.  I told him I could do my best to stop people from making fun of the thin-skinned mods on the air, but had little control of you guys in the chat room.  He said the mods are just going to start kicking and banning people. 

I have mixed feelings about all of this.  I think it sucks that they're going to be kicking and banning my listeners.  Maybe I'll just create a similar web-based chat room on phonelosers.org for you all to hang out in.  I don't want to leave Manic, but this might just not work out at all.  And I'm not blaming any of you, by the way.  I loved all that shit that happened last night.  I just don't think Manic can handle us.  Maybe it's time to just start up a 24 hour PLA station.

Offline jx

• PLA Army
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2009, 02:47:07 PM »
I chatted with the station owner afterward and he said it can't continue like this.  I told him a week or two ago that if he wants me to send people into the chat room, I'm not going to have any way to control them.

:D :nonsense: :nonsense: :nonsense:

I have mixed feelings about all of this.  I think it sucks that they're going to be kicking and banning my listeners.

Yeah, cutting off your nose to spite your face or something.

Maybe I'll just create a similar web-based chat room on phonelosers.org for you all to hang out in.

This would work however...

Maybe it's time to just start up a 24 hour PLA station.

...this would be better. It wouldn't have to be 24 hours. 24 x 7 spells moon and that's a lot of hours! But, if you did something part time and wanted some help, I'd be happy to play some weird ass music for a hour or two every week (preferably proceeding The Phone Show.)

BTW, last night before The Phone Show I applied to be a DJ. For some reason, I don't think they'll be replying.  :nonsense: :nonsense: :nonsense:

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »
Jenn, you missed the part where someone said they were going to hack the chat room and typed something like !#!!#@$*@#^*@%#___@$&($@&(%$ and while I was chatting with JC he says, "They're trying to hack my chatroom now?"  I had to convince him they weren't serious.

A 24 hour streaming station for PLA could be cool.  Maybe I could give you guys shows.  I could play my favorite podcasts.  Or get Madhouse Radio to broadcast with us too, or other prank shows and security shows.  Play reruns of PLA Radio and BBB.  There's enough PLA related audio stuff to fill up tons of time.

Offline linear

• High Priest of Operations
  • OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +47/-79
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #252 on: November 12, 2009, 01:05:01 AM »
fuck manic. stop being so nice to everyone. it took us too long to leave party934, it shouldn't take us longer to leave manic.

Offline RTF

• El teléfono está descolgado.
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +43/-4
  • Rob T Firefly hearts you.
    • me dot net
« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2009, 02:24:43 AM »
Maybe I'll just create a similar web-based chat room on phonelosers.org for you all to hang out in.
Or we could just use IRC like the big kids and leave the java chat to their strange brand of regulars.
| blog | art blog | HOPE | OTH |

Offline handl3r

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +53/-11
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2009, 08:04:21 AM »
Just set up mibbit on phonelosers.org and have it connect to IRC. http://widget.mibbit.com/manager/