Author Topic: The Phone Show  (Read 109527 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: The Phone Show
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2010, 06:09:41 PM »
FUCK YOU BRAD I WAS ONLY KIDDING.

Keep your kidding on your gay Android forums.

Offline Acidpez

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +7/-10
« Reply #316 on: August 14, 2010, 08:48:31 PM »
Awwwww you two kiss and make up!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #317 on: August 14, 2010, 09:21:25 PM »
Awwwww you two kiss and make up!

He wishes.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #318 on: September 01, 2010, 12:08:09 PM »
Roxy, Tombstone and YeahRight do their own Phone Show on my voicemail:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iES8UAyrOTk&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/iES8UAyrOTk&rel=1</a>

Offline DONANDMIKESHOW

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #319 on: September 04, 2010, 07:27:22 PM »
Master Carter,  You are a great man, quite talented.  I have a sneaky suspicion Sal Governale from the Howard Stern Show is also a fan as he is a known fan of prank calls DVD sets and mysteriously came up with the idea for prank calling Tradio radio auctionshows which you started (or took it to a big level at least) with your phone-mobbing. The Tradio calls which I am quite sure was directly copied from you is huge on Howard's show. Sorry to bring up this but what is with all the anti-Semitism on your calls? I feel such a connection with the PLA but then when you call some unlucky call recepients filthy Jews etc. , I just don't get it. You never call anyone a nigger why is it ok to put down Jewish folks?  MORE IMPORTANTLY - Could you please post where to find the Media Pack 2009 torrent. I deleted it during a pc swap and want to upload it again to a few torrent sites (I spread it around a few years ago as well.) Thank you, and good day... p.s. your kid seems to have been handed down your intelligence and insane wit as well you should be proud...

Here is a link to The Tradio calls from The Howard Stern Show...if ya care...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxPFH5VA_oU
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 07:32:57 PM by DONANDMIKESHOW »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #320 on: September 05, 2010, 09:04:31 AM »
Master Carter,  You are a great man, quite talented.  I have a sneaky suspicion Sal Governale from the Howard Stern Show is also a fan as he is a known fan of prank calls DVD sets and mysteriously came up with the idea for prank calling Tradio radio auctionshows which you started (or took it to a big level at least) with your phone-mobbing. The Tradio calls which I am quite sure was directly copied from you is huge on Howard's show.

Thanks!  Sal used to email me back in 1996, before I'd ever listened to Howard Stern.  He wanted me to produce some prank call tapes of his, since I had put the PLA prank tape on my own pretend label.  I can barely remember what happened to all of that. 

I've heard them talk about Tradio before, but I never knew what they were talking about.  I don't know if I'd say he directly copied it from us, but maybe he was inspired by us since it was kind of a phone mob thing that was happening.  People have been pranking radio shows long before PLA existed.

Sorry to bring up this but what is with all the anti-Semitism on your calls? I feel such a connection with the PLA but then when you call some unlucky call recepients filthy Jews etc. , I just don't get it. You never call anyone a nigger why is it ok to put down Jewish folks?

I doubt any calls I've personally made talks about jews or niggers.  You've probably heard people I've pranked with say things like that.  Usually I'll delete those calls and never put them on the site, not because they're offensive to me, but because I don't want PLA to be known for making racist calls.  I care about our fine, upstanding reputation!  I do recall a prank where Mr. Spessa called a guy a complaining jew and I let that one slip by because the rest of the call was so awesome.

MORE IMPORTANTLY - Could you please post where to find the Media Pack 2009 torrent. I deleted it during a pc swap and want to upload it again to a few torrent sites (I spread it around a few years ago as well.)

When I originally created the torrent, I announced this URL:

http://mightynova.com/tor/2926027/Phone%20Losers%20of%20America%20Media%20Pack.html

But that page isn't loading for me right now.  So I searched Google and found this one, but there's just one seeder:

http://www.kickasstorrents.com/search/phone%20losers%20of%20america/

Guess it's about time for me to put out the 2010 Media Pack.

Offline DONANDMIKESHOW

• Newb
« Reply #321 on: September 05, 2010, 01:15:11 PM »
Thank you for the response , I gotta tell you I feel like I got through to a celebrity as I've listened to your stuff so much and with such high regard I am quite the fan.
Do you listen to Stern often? Do you listen to other high profile talk shows?
Regarding the Jew thing it was Specca's call I most distinctly remember and not folks you have called and that saddened me because he was so good with you on calls and I really liked his presense but whatever all is good.
I am uploading now and will spread the pack soon, maybe you could ask for some uploaders during the phone show.
Lastly a suggestion - In my opinion one of the best phone shows you created was the one a few weeks pack where you actually did some show prep and had PLA members on to discuss the history and provide some actual substantive content. To me it was so much better than when you guys just sit around just calling folks. A couple of Phone Show calls have been jems and I thank you for the laughs but more often than not those shows are not too entertaining. (In no way a complaint as I greatly appreciate what you are doing for free I just love the content filled programs better and hope you do more of them!!!) 

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #322 on: September 05, 2010, 09:24:16 PM »
Filthy dirty Jews. I hate them all....
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #323 on: September 06, 2010, 09:25:14 AM »
Thank you for the response , I gotta tell you I feel like I got through to a celebrity as I've listened to your stuff so much and with such high regard I am quite the fan.

GROSS.

Do you listen to Stern often? Do you listen to other high profile talk shows?

I went through a 2 year Stern phase in the late nineties, but then got bored with him.  Then when I got Sirius in my car a couple years ago, I went through another Stern phase.  But I don't spend a lot of time in my car, so that didn't last very long.

I am uploading now and will spread the pack soon, maybe you could ask for some uploaders during the phone show.
Lastly a suggestion - In my opinion one of the best phone shows you created was the one a few weeks pack where you actually did some show prep and had PLA members on to discuss the history and provide some actual substantive content. To me it was so much better than when you guys just sit around just calling folks. A couple of Phone Show calls have been jems and I thank you for the laughs but more often than not those shows are not too entertaining. (In no way a complaint as I greatly appreciate what you are doing for free I just love the content filled programs better and hope you do more of them!!!)  

I will suggest that some people get on that torrent tomorrow.  Maybe tonight I can get the 2010 media pack up and just tell everyone to seed that instead.

I really liked that particular episode too, but it's rare that I have old PLA people hanging out in my room like that.  We didn't plan anything at all for that show, we just all happen to know a lot about the PLA's past.  I'm seriously just not motivated enough to put tons of effort into TPS.  I like to save that kind of effort for PLA Radio and things like that.

EDIT: I just created an updated torrent. http://www.phonelosers.org/stuff/phonelosersofamerica2010.torrent
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:53:24 AM by rbcp »

Offline DONANDMIKESHOW

• Newb
« Reply #324 on: September 08, 2010, 04:27:38 PM »
Wow 10 gigawatts! Has alot been added on top of previous years? Has anything from 2009 not been included? (I'm downloading both now and if I do not now need 2009 than maybe I'll stop getting that one.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:31:33 PM by DONANDMIKESHOW »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #325 on: September 08, 2010, 04:36:07 PM »
It's unlikely that you'll find anything in 2009 that's not in 2010.  The increase is mostly due to The Phone Show, which takes up 3.4 gigs of it all.  Guess I should stop encoding those at 128kbps.  There's probably a few extra videos too and some other miscellaneous things. 

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #326 on: September 15, 2010, 09:15:08 PM »
Here's this week's Phone Show.  It's all about Mildred Monday.

http://www.phonelosers.org/podpress_trac/web/1005/0/thephoneshow.2010-09-14.mp3

This was the easiest show I've ever edited.  There was nothing to take out, I just had to chop off the beginning and end.  Ten minutes.  It ruled.  I wish they were all that easy.

EDIT: Damn, what kind of phone is Mildred's son using?  That thing sounds awful!  And WTF, these guys are in their 50's or 60's and they've lived with their mom for years.  And now they're living together in the same house.  What's up with that?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:28:51 PM by rbcp »

Offline DONANDMIKESHOW

• Newb
« Reply #327 on: September 17, 2010, 06:03:53 AM »
Thank you for the new media pack and an extra thanks for your new prank collection upload all everyone does is snark at each other and take nothing seriously with all connected to the PLA but I genuinely do appreciate your effort and give you my heart felt thank you.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #328 on: September 17, 2010, 12:16:50 PM »
Thank you for the new media pack and an extra thanks for your new prank collection upload all everyone does is snark at each other and take nothing seriously with all connected to the PLA but I genuinely do appreciate your effort and give you my heart felt thank you.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #329 on: September 22, 2010, 07:38:52 AM »
So far only one person from our corporate calls last night has posted anything about us.  Chili's girl blogged this:

So long, farewell
Auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu
To you and you and foursquare.

I loved it, I did. The badges, the points. Ahhhh.

If you want to know why I removed it, ask me.

All I’ll say here is foursquare stalking.

Sigh.