Author Topic: California town gets phone service for first time - at cost of $12,500.00 a head  (Read 3170 times)

Offline AmishGangsta

• =/\=
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-3
  • DU WERDEST EINEN KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN!!!
"A $2.5 million grant from California Public Utilities Commission paid for a microwave link and underground wiring. Sebastian, which provides telephone service to nearby Foresthill, will serve the residents of Iowa Hill."

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=101068&catid=2
The only acceptable form of commerce is a proper and shady cash-only weapons deal.

"If there's anything i know, it's that people listen to a guy with a yardstick." - Richard Cardo

I didn't dial the wrong number, you picked up the wrong phone.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Let's be the first to prank call them!

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
Granted I didn't look very hard but I couldn't find any numbers.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline delysid

• Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-4
Based on the articles, I do not think they have been assigned. But I would guess the numbers will be 530-367 if they are out of Foresthills, CA via a microwave link.

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
Well if they're mostly going to use it for internet, I doubt many are going to want to opt for a land line. Seeing as from the articles I've read they were all perfectly content with their cellphones. Except for the lady whose husband died. She might get a land line. But if she's dying, she can't very well call the ambulance for herself.

Maybe she's just training a carrier pigeon instead? I would.

Offline Q_

• PR rat-bastard
  • PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-7
  • Keep hands and Feet Inside the booth at all times
Of course, now they have to learn to use them, and discover phone phreaking, and then learn yo make prank calls
"Just shut up, Shut up now."
-{{<Q>}}

Offline BaconStrips

• Section 8 and it's so great!
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +14/-9
  • ring ring ring
    • Phone Pride World Wide - Prank calls by Bobby Pyn
Life Alert!

"When no one else was there for me, life alert was there for me".

God I love that commercial!
free prank calls" border="0
Listen to my prank calls for FREE - Bobby Pyn Prank Calls

Offline AmishGangsta

• =/\=
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-3
  • DU WERDEST EINEN KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/52RHVQ9Ybqo&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/52RHVQ9Ybqo&rel=1</a>

It has to be the longest-running commercial on TV.
The only acceptable form of commerce is a proper and shady cash-only weapons deal.

"If there's anything i know, it's that people listen to a guy with a yardstick." - Richard Cardo

I didn't dial the wrong number, you picked up the wrong phone.

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
My grandfather took a shot to the head in World War II, got up, kept firing, was forced home. Later he smoked cigars like they would cure cancer. They didn't. They gave him cancer and they removed his jaw. He fell, once. Grumbled something, drooled every where, crawled back in bed, and cussed for his wife to get him a beer to deal with the broken bones.

He's dead now. Just saying.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
My grandfather took a shot to the head in World War II, got up, kept firing, was forced home. Later he smoked cigars like they would cure cancer. They didn't. They gave him cancer and they removed his jaw. He fell, once. Grumbled something, drooled every where, crawled back in bed, and cussed for his wife to get him a beer to deal with the broken bones.

He's dead now. Just saying.

There's a reason they're called the greatest generation and I think a lot of it has to do with them being the toughest mother fuckers EVER.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-7
While Gatt spoke in front of the Iowa Hill store, the low hum of a generator could be heard out back. Iowa Hill now has a dial tone, but it still has no electric service.

Although Morgan was anxious to get a telephone, she said she has no need for outside electricity. Solar panels, batteries and generators provide power to the roughly 200 full-time residents.

This town sounds pretty cool actually. Google Maps has photos of the area with Street View so I'll check it out when I'll get home.