Author Topic: If you made a bet that CountyKidCon09 would never happen, YOU FUCKING LOST  (Read 4477 times)

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
His face looks skinnier. That's not it!
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline CK

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Master
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-47

I awoke to the reformed glass particles being held out in offering to me, a flame utensil in the other hand. "Paranoia strikes deep" he said. Normally, this wouldn't be all that strange but the flame was the only light in the room (I live in a windowless basement, you see) so it made for a striking display. I readied myself for what lay ahead.

A MetroLink platform in an Illinois suburban heatwave glimmered in the distance of a commuter-train LRV parking lot. We exited the automobile of foreign origin for an air conditioned rain vehicle. Soon we were aboard, whisking across a plethora of fields interspersed with the public housing projects of Eastern District St. Clair County which then became East St. Louis proper. Urban decay makes the best kinds of tourism possible.

In the distance, a Midwestern storm of extra-ordinary proportions was coming in on the horizon, giving us both hesitations regarding our choice of tourist activity. Around our hitting the Eads Bridge the rain was letting up and by the time we reached Convention Center it had ceased. We briefly tried to break into the now closed St. Louis Centre shopping mall, a study in urban mall failure (http://www.deadmalls.com/malls/st_louis_centre.html). Anyway, we continued for another block and saw this about 2 mins after it happened. (http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=176797) it was insane! There were firetrucks and black SUVs pulling in as we walked up. We gawked for a few minutes then grabbed some pizza.

The City Museum was next on our trip. We walked right in without paying, some things never change. We climbed a 10 story slide and then left. We were across the street from the War Memorial Building when the lightning began to strike and another storm rolled in, bringing with it lots of rain and thunder. It eventually let up and we walked to One AT&T Center http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT&T_Center_(St._Louis) took some pictures and went home.

Now I know after reading that writeup of the day, you're asking yourself, "How can I attend this convention?". What you must first realize is that CKC isn't the kind of con you can just "attend". You have to be invited.
But do you have ample parking? That is the question.

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
oh man, the st. louis centre mall.  it's locked up now?  that's too bad...i've been in there, and even when the doors were unlocked, it felt like i was trespassing somewhere i didn't belong.

city museum [The Museum Of Awesome Things To Climb On] is awesome.  it's one of two things that i actually miss about st. louis.
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-7
Fuck invite only cons.

They're honeypots set up by the feds to catch nefarious kids at play.

Not that I'm saying that County Kid is a fed.

No, ofcourse not!

He's state.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
CKC09 was great and I totally peed in CK's back yard.

Offline Magus

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-108
  • "The forums token cranky old man." -Jenn
    • sebanderson.com
oh man, the st. louis centre mall.  it's locked up now?  that's too bad...i've been in there, and even when the doors were unlocked, it felt like i was trespassing somewhere i didn't belong.

city museum [The Museum Of Awesome Things To Climb On] is awesome.  it's one of two things that i actually miss about st. louis.

I watched a show about St. Louis the other day called "Gangland". Some "gangsta" guy on it said that in the city, especially downtown, if you look at somebody the wrong way they'll shoot you.

And that there is a group called the BOD (which, surprisingly, has nothing to do with body spray), also known as the Boys of Destruction, that go around killing people for no reason.

Is this true?

If so, that probably affects tourism somewhat.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
There were so many black people on the light rail. More than in NYC, even. They should call it NiggaLink.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
MURD0C, WHY ARE YOU SO DAMN SKINNY????
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage

I watched a show about St. Louis the other day called "Gangland". Some "gangsta" guy on it said that in the city, especially downtown, if you look at somebody the wrong way they'll shoot you.

And that there is a group called the BOD (which, surprisingly, has nothing to do with body spray), also known as the Boys of Destruction, that go around killing people for no reason.

Is this true?

Welcome to every big city in America!

Offline rogueclown

• phone mob enforcer
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +60/-38
  • Awkward Hugs for everyone!
    • rogueclown.net
Is this true?

If so, that probably affects tourism somewhat.
[/quote

the thing that kills tourism in st. louis is the fact that it's st. louis.
RogueClown has been known to cause the following side effects. Smiling, <3ing, dizziness, and the desire to listen to poorly recorded phone mobs. RogueClown is an MAO inhibitor.
  --Nod