Author Topic: THE VOICEBRIDGE IS DOWN!  (Read 19708 times)

Offline linear

• High Priest of Operations
  • OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +47/-79
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
Re: THE VOICEBRIDGE IS DOWN!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 01:30:48 AM »
free services such as?

and please expand on CatusConf!

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 12:00:21 AM »
free services such as?

http://www.google.com
Have a ball. There are TONS of free services out there that provide conferences at no cost. Hence, free services.

CactusConf was a conference that I set up with www.freeconferencepro.com/ and then gave all the information to Arby. He agreed that it was a great service as there were a TON of cool options. He didn't like it at the same time though because it showed ANI in the admin panel and because I had access to said Admin panel. I think me having access was his main problem though. He mentioned it a few times even. Why he didn't just change the password and not tell me what it was is beyond me. So in short, CactusConf (Named because the acces code was CACTUS) was the awesome conference that never was but should have been because it would have been AWESOME.

I might just set up another one just for shits and giggles.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »
CactusConf was a conference that I set up with www.freeconferencepro.com/ and then gave all the information to Arby. He agreed that it was a great service as there were a TON of cool options. He didn't like it at the same time though because it showed ANI in the admin panel and because I had access to said Admin panel. I think me having access was his main problem though. He mentioned it a few times even. Why he didn't just change the

I didn't have a problem with you having access to everyone's numbers.  It's anyone having access, even myself.  Nobody should be trusted with that.  With freeconferencepro.com you couldn't even *67 to block your number from showing up. 

By the way, I'll get the bridge number changed to something soon.  I wish Skype hadn't killed their voice chatroom feature.  Those were the good 'ole days.

Offline linear

• OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 12:37:30 PM »
the new number for the bridge is 712-338-8730, if you wanted the same thing as the previous one, arbie.

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 10:54:40 PM »
I didn't have a problem with you having access to everyone's numbers.  It's anyone having access, even myself.  Nobody should be trusted with that.  With freeconferencepro.com you couldn't even *67 to block your number from showing up.

I stand corrected.

the new number for the bridge is 712-338-8730, if you wanted the same thing as the previous one, arbie.

That one has horrible hold music.

What if we were to just go looking for a random one* on the net somewhere? We know there are tons of services out there so why not just look for one and take over it?

*As long as it doesn't have shitty hold music.**

**No hold music
I HATE the bridge.

Offline linear

• OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 02:24:02 AM »
i hate to admit it, but for once i like where nod's head's at.

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +37/-36
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 09:33:05 PM »
A lot of people on here are just weirdos who want to steal people's information. Like Harry, the creepy child molester from New York, and Altalp, who will suddenly act very nice to me and casually ask for my city and home address. Fortunately, none of these people are any good at social engineering. Or anything for that matter. So as long as you don't call the 218 number with your real phone, you'll be fine. Just don't let them know that you're calling in with a pre-pay phone or softphone because then they'll get pissed off and ban you, like they did me. I'm not exactly sure what they want with the personal information of a bunch of 12 year olds, but knowing Harry, it's probably not good.
Huh?

Offline RushPwnsX

• Shitty Bassist
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +18/-31
  • 1337 13V3L: +9999/-1
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »
A lot of people on here are just weirdos who want to steal people's information.
Including me. But everyone already knew that.

You should have posted a post here then here!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:20:55 PM by RushPwnsX »
Atonal apples.

Offline linear

• OMG Mod
  • PLA Army
  • United Phone Losers
    • United Phone Losers
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 03:19:03 AM »
A lot of people on here are just weirdos who want to steal people's information. Like Harry, the creepy child molester from New York, and Altalp, who will suddenly act very nice to me and casually ask for my city and home address. Fortunately, none of these people are any good at social engineering. Or anything for that matter. So as long as you don't call the 218 number with your real phone, you'll be fine. Just don't let them know that you're calling in with a pre-pay phone or softphone because then they'll get pissed off and ban you, like they did me. I'm not exactly sure what they want with the personal information of a bunch of 12 year olds, but knowing Harry, it's probably not good.

where as Harry has made it clear that he is a pedophilic piece of shit, I would definitely refrain from putting Altalp in the same category. she's a worthy member of the PLA community, and even if you were dumb enough to provide her with your personal infozzzzzz, she is, as one might say, mostly harmless. she'd probably get your info just to prove she could (noble enough), but she wouldn't try to obtain it just because she has nothing better going for her in her life than to trick some minors into talking dirty to her.

in short, PLA lurves Altalp <33333

Offline Arox!

• please don't tickle me
  • PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-42
  • *Random Mike Tyson Quote*
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 10:25:02 AM »
I wanna talk durtay... who wants my infozz?
L̬͙O͓Ḽ̼͔̭̯

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +37/-36
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 11:49:03 AM »
where as Harry has made it clear that he is a pedophilic piece of shit, I would definitely refrain from putting Altalp in the same category. she's a worthy member of the PLA community, and even if you were dumb enough to provide her with your personal infozzzzzz, she is, as one might say, mostly harmless. she'd probably get your info just to prove she could (noble enough), but she wouldn't try to obtain it just because she has nothing better going for her in her life than to trick some minors into talking dirty to her.

in short, PLA lurves Altalp <33333

I will agree that she's not a worthless piece of shit like Harry is, and I don't really care if people have my info, but it's still annoying when you try to have a normal conversation with someone and it just feels like they are constantly insulting your intelligence and trying to take advantage of you. There's nothing really noble about spending all of your time trying to prove your l33tness to everyone else.
Huh?

Offline immabadspellor_

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +27/-2
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 05:46:21 PM »
Maybe a SIP conference room would be a good idea?  Internet users can get in for free with Gizmo Project, SIP/IAX users could as well with their boxes, phone users could get in through a SIP broker gateway number of which there are local numbers around the world and someone could put one in GOOG411 as has been done before if one isn't already in there.  For example:

Gizmo users would dial 1-222-CACTUS (222887)
Users on something other than FWD would dial *747 1-222-CACTUS
Users on a landline or cell phone would dial a number from this list then at the prompt dial *747 1-222-CACTUS #

Of course you could use anything you want after the 222.  Just an idea. 

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 11:01:46 AM »
Now that I think about it, I don't know what the fuss is all about. It's not like anyone ever calls the voice bridge anyhow.
I HATE the bridge.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »
Now that I think about it, I don't know what the fuss is all about. It's not like anyone ever calls the voice bridge anyhow.

Not true!  I called last weekend and listened to the awful hold music for a full 10 minutes!

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2009, 03:09:47 AM »
Can we at least find something without the hold music then? Surely there's gotta be SOMETHING out there.
I HATE the bridge.