Author Topic: ESPN's Elizabeth Moreau Pranked, Breaks Hotel Window With Toilet Seat  (Read 8846 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
From http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/10/21/espns-elizabeth-moreau-pranked-throws-toilet-seat-through-hote/ - is PrankNET doing their famous hotel room pranks again?

ESPNU reporter Elizabeth Moreau seems nice enough. A pleasant smile, a sunny disposition and probably good at her job. But early Thursday morning, in her Gainesville, Fla. hotel room, she was the victim of a prank call.

Moreau was told by an unknown male caller that "the hotel was on fire," and that she needed to "lay towels down at the bottom of her front door to prevent smoke from entering her room." The caller then directed Moreau to use the toilet lid cover to break the hotel room window.

More details via the Gainesville Police Department report:

"She then went to the window and used it to break out the window," the assisting officer reported. "The window was broken and the toilet lid broke upon falling to the ground outside. ... It is unknown who was responsible for today's hoax, which cops have classified a 'suspicious incident.'"

Moreau, 27, is in Gainesville to cover the women's volleyball match between the University of Florida and the University of Tennessee.

As for potential motives, The Smoking Gun points out that, "The ruse is a classic tactic employed by individuals affiliated with Pranknet, the online group of hooligans exposed last year by TSG. Pranknet members frequently called hotels and asked for random room numbers. When a guest picked up -- usually in the early morning hours -- they would try to convince them that the hotel was on fire or had suffered a dangerous rupture in a gas line. The goal was to have the panicked guest break windows or trigger the sprinkler system. And sometimes both."

After Moreau broke her room window with the toilet lid cover, the male caller then told her "that's what she gets for being a bad ex-wife." The assisting officer spoke with the front desk and was told that, because the hotel does not have caller ID, there was no way to trace the call. Moreau, who was moved to a different room, told police that she had been the victim of stalking in the past, but the offender was currently in prison.

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
Re: ESPN's Elizabeth Moreau Pranked, Breaks Hotel Window With Toilet Seat
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 03:29:32 PM »
so if you do not have caller ID then *57 does not work?

sounds like the assisting officer does not know too much about the telephone network... even if they did have caller ID, do you really think that the people called with their number? i mean at minimum you want to spoof your CID, but preferably fail your ANI if you are going to go and do something stupid like this...

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 04:46:20 PM »
Induring GPD doesn't watch Law & Order so they don't know they can get the TelCo to "dump the LUDs"
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline nyphonejacks

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +22/-5
    • nyphonejacks
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 07:41:52 PM »
i think maybe its just being lazy... "opps, no caller ID i would have to actually do some work and file some paper work... nope... no way to trace the call... yea, thats it.. "

Offline AmishGangsta

• =/\=
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-3
  • DU WERDEST EINEN KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 07:37:02 AM »
Induring GPD doesn't watch Law & Order so they don't know they can get the TelCo to "dump the LUDs"

Of the caller, not the call-ee.

And a "low" cell battery also guarantees you two+ hours of talk time on L&O.
The only acceptable form of commerce is a proper and shady cash-only weapons deal.

"If there's anything i know, it's that people listen to a guy with a yardstick." - Richard Cardo

I didn't dial the wrong number, you picked up the wrong phone.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 01:39:37 PM »

Of the caller, not the call-ee.

And a "low" cell battery also guarantees you two+ hours of talk time on L&O.

Also people who makes songs about killing cops in the eighties become cops and have gay sons. I'm not entirely sure what the implications of that are.

I'm definitely a little more inclined to believe that the cops don't want to do anything about it more than that they can't.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline AmishGangsta

• =/\=
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-3
  • DU WERDEST EINEN KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 08:39:53 AM »
I'm definitely a little more inclined to believe that the cops don't want to do anything about it more than that they can't.

I read a quote, though I can't remember where, that willingness by Telcos to cooperate with law enforcement - at every level - is at an all time low.
The only acceptable form of commerce is a proper and shady cash-only weapons deal.

"If there's anything i know, it's that people listen to a guy with a yardstick." - Richard Cardo

I didn't dial the wrong number, you picked up the wrong phone.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 01:35:15 PM »
http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/listen-audio-from-espn-reporters-hotel-room-prank-call-released/

This URL has audio of the Elizabeth Moreau breaking her window and then getting really pissed off about getting caught.

Offline BaconStrips

• Section 8 and it's so great!
  • Phone Loser Abuser
  • 1337 13V3L: +14/-9
  • ring ring ring
    • Phone Pride World Wide - Prank calls by Bobby Pyn
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 05:24:35 PM »
http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/listen-audio-from-espn-reporters-hotel-room-prank-call-released/

This URL has audio of the Elizabeth Moreau breaking her window and then getting really pissed off about getting caught.

This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
free prank calls" border="0
Listen to my prank calls for FREE - Bobby Pyn Prank Calls

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 07:23:06 PM »
This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were kind of MIA when all that Dex stuff happened, weren't you?  Have you heard Pranknet's other audio?  They've done some crazy stuff.

Offline BaconStrips

• Phone Loser Abuser
  • ring ring ring
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 07:41:41 PM »
I've been listening to some of the calls tonight. The calls I've heard so far have been outstanding. I have yet to stop laughing from the hotel clerk who drinks urine call!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 08:35:13 PM »
I've been listening to some of the calls tonight. The calls I've heard so far have been outstanding. I have yet to stop laughing from the hotel clerk who drinks urine call!

Just wait til you hear the one where he has a lady screaming and masturbating as the police burst in.  Or the one where he gets KFC workers to pee on each other.

Offline jx

• PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +62/-22
  • When the fone green I pink up the fone&say yellow
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 10:01:26 PM »
It was Pranknet. Inside Edition did a segment on this call yesterday (10/26/10)

Offline BaconStrips

• Phone Loser Abuser
  • ring ring ring
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 01:10:46 PM »

Just wait til you hear the one where he has a lady screaming and masturbating as the police burst in.  Or the one where he gets KFC workers to pee on each other.

I've heard a couple kfc prank calls where the people get naked and pee opn each other, but nothing about masturbating or the call where they get a hotel worker to fist himself. Any links to these or have they been removed?

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 01:30:13 PM »
The KFC stuff is in an episode of PLA Radio (www.phonelosers.org/radio) and I just heard the masturbating call earlier this year on YouTube.  Click here for a PrankNet search on YouTube and you'll see lots of their calls.

Ah, here it is: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-2EjSn9d0M&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/B-2EjSn9d0M&rel=1</a>

It's a long call, but completely worth it.