Author Topic: So this is why Comcast sucks!  (Read 4270 times)

So this is why Comcast sucks!
« on: October 12, 2006, 07:50:35 AM »
Gents:

A month ago or so I was reading a post about Comcast among other methods, back then nobody could gave me a plain answer of why Comcast was even better or worse than the rest of the companies, well I've found the answer!!

http://www.davesdaily.com/out.php?id=20901&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clickondetroit.com%2Fnews%2F10041854%2Fdetail.html%3Frss%3Ddet%26amp%3Bpsp%3Dnews

So basically unless you would like to share blankets with a sweating worker (county kid I know you will immediately ask for the service) you better stay away from this company...

Me.

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
Re: So this is why Comcast sucks!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »
Gents:

A month ago or so I was reading a post about Comcast among other methods, back then nobody could gave me a plain answer of why Comcast was even better or worse than the rest of the companies, well I've found the answer!!

http://www.davesdaily.com/out.php?id=20901&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clickondetroit.com%2Fnews%2F10041854%2Fdetail.html%3Frss%3Ddet%26amp%3Bpsp%3Dnews

So basically unless you would like to share blankets with a sweating worker (county kid I know you will immediately ask for the service) you better stay away from this company...

Me.

Having 1 "stupid" employee is no reason to hate the entire company. I'm sure there are countless accounts of telephone/cable workers that have done stupid things on the job. Did who ever hired him know that he would do this? No. Maby make a thread about "Cable guy falls asleep on the job" but not "COMKAST SUX My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself.!1" We've have comcast for several years and thier services such as cable internet and TV have allways been good, aswell as tech support being helpfull when needed.
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

CountyKid

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 11:18:50 AM »
We've had comcast cable internet for a month or two. No problems. yet.

Offline onetwofive

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
  • oktavamk319->tubepre->PC->skype->yourgrandmother
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 09:46:50 PM »
Comcast contracts most of that shit out, and that's what the article said...  those people don't give a damn about anything, and in all truth, I can't blame them for doing so.  My job sucks, and I sleep while I'm at it too.  I'm a bigger jerk though, because I drive a van for a living.  So basically, when I fall asleep, people have near-death experiences, and I'm totally cool with that.

One month of comcast service report;

1.) They took forever getting here to install everything (1 1/2 hours late).  Again, I don't care about the contractors, since they didn't make any promises to me.  Comcast did.  They could have at least given me a phone call informing me that the installers would be late.  They didn't.

2.) Once everything was finally set up, I found everything to work flawlessly.  No technical problems or downed service thus far.  It's still not as fast as the Wide Open West service I had before, but WOW isn't available in Detroit, so I'm screwed.  DSL is for weenies.

3.) Here's a legitimate gripe against the company.  I just got the bill yesterday, and they expect me to pay for installation a grand total of three times.  The first being the time I paid the installers when they got here, the other two times being in chronological order as follows; 2. When it never happened and 3. When it didn't happen again. 

I'm sure that most of my problems can be solved by gentle, yet still firm, ass-kissing, coupled with a call back to that one time that the installers were late.  Provided that doesn't happen, I'm sure I can yell and threaten the management with multiple fictional complaints for the next 20 years, provided I can coax a direct dial number out of someone.

Bottom line?  Comcast sucks, but so does everything else on the planet.  If I'm going to have issues with a company, it's not because some guy who hates his job decided to sleep on a customers bed... it's going to be because they aren't offering him enough money to give a damn.  To quote Bill Hicks; "I envision a future where we all get paid for doing nothing."

Garden City is a bunch of crap anyway.   

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 11:40:48 PM »
Replyiong to al this, I just found funny that a company called itself "serious" has such a specimen working for it, besides if you read my post you will see that the "comcast sucks" was a recalling on previous post made by other people.
But again I'm getting use to be letting down everytime that I post something so that's cool.

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 04:07:35 AM »
But again I'm getting use to be letting down everytime that I post something so that's cool.

Exactly what kind of responses were you hoping for?  You post has generated legitmate discussion.  At least you didn't get "OMG My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself.!" or "THIS SUX U FAILZ!@"
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 04:14:25 AM »

Exactly what kind of responses were you hoping for?  You post has generated legitmate discussion.  At least you didn't get "OMG My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself.!" or "THIS SUX U FAILZ!@"

I didn't expect nothing much really, thanks for the cheering I guess...

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-31
  • ummm cacti
    • http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1879/bagmanonfire4pb.jpg
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 05:17:36 AM »
OMG My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself.!

THIS SUX U FAILZ!@

Offline hello.jpg

• Security@paypal.com
  • Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-2
  • so you CANT pay for phone sex with redbox tones?
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 11:50:27 AM »
Switch to AOL dial-up.

"We just pressed our TRACE button!!!"

Offline Colonel Panic

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-40
  • I lost my phone! Guess that makes me a phoneloser!
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 10:40:39 AM »
Ever hear about the story of the guy who had hired a contractor to do remodeling work on a house he was moving into, then left early from work to check up on the progress and found the man standing naked in his living room? Apparently the man told him that he sometimes does construction work in the buff because it affords him better mobility and comfort.

Of course he fired the man on the spot and changed all the locks on his house.

I'm looking for the story, but can't seem to find it...

Offline Altalp

• OMG Mod
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +244/-20

Offline Colonel Panic

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-40
  • I lost my phone! Guess that makes me a phoneloser!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 10:49:36 AM »
k thx

Offline nb7899

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-4
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 03:20:36 PM »
http://cbs13.com/topstories/local_story_111134329.html

For some reason it seems like a bad idea to be naked when your working with tools and sharp objects.  That's definitly not the time when you want to drop the hammer, (I'm not worried about his feet.)