Author Topic: Introduce Yourself Here  (Read 343115 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Introduce Yourself Here
« on: October 12, 2006, 06:22:12 PM »
This is the introduction thread to end all other introduction threads.  I'm going to sticky it to the top of the General Discussions and everyone will use it and we'll never have another introduction thread again!  I'll link it from the rules thread and it'll eventually grow to be more than 1,000 pages long.  Won't that be great?!?

So introduce yourself.  Even if you've been around forever, introduce yourself.  Tell us who you are, where you're from, how you found the H/P community, how you found PLA, your accomplishments, your goals and anything else you feel like sharing.

TO THE NEWBS: This is not the correct thread to ask questions about telephones, revenge, pranks, or any other topic that has nothing to do with introducing yourself to us.

TO THE REGULARS: Please don't attack the newbs in this thread.  Save it for some other thread.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:49:24 AM by rbcp »

CountyKid

Re: Introduce Yourself Here
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 06:23:10 PM »
Thought I'd say hi as it's my first day, I'm a lover of the old school scene born a little too late, but still love where it's gone/going.
I read the rules they seem awesome, more there to protect us than spoil our fun.

-Beforever

No not really. But anything I write couldn't be half as good as that.

Okay hey guys. I'm Nate. I like prank calls and culture distruption. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm in my teen years.

Offline Illuminati

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-31
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 06:30:15 PM »
Yo, my name is Eric.
I'm 18.
I'm from Austin, Tx.
I'm in the Army, Infantry.
I like latin hip hop.
I found PLA through one of their funny prank calls posted oon youtube.
I'm interested in phreaking.
Okay, not that interested.
I think this site has the funniest pranks calls ever.

Hmmph, what else?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 07:46:32 PM by Illuminati »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 06:36:51 PM »
I'm Brad.  I'm nearly 34 and am still obsessed with prank calling.  I do a couple of shows about it and I run this site.  I live in the huge metropolis of Albany, Oregon.

Offline GenRik_pHreaK

• "UnderGround NetWork, Alternative Communication"
  • PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-11
  • "Todays Fone Lines Are No Longer Svelte"
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 06:59:17 PM »
Well I'm a canadian citizen... at lesat thats what I'm told.
I'm 17 and totally loving the p/h scene. I've been "phreaking" for a few years now... I only learned recently it was actually called phreaking!.. I used to call up the operator and lie to them saying I wqas doing a school report and to tell me about how phones worked (I got transferred to repairs first) and they told me.... which was pretty cool.... (dont laugh... I was young) But anyways, since finding the PLA I've increased my intelligence stat  by over 30 points, and have gained too much exp to calculate.

I've been prank calling since I was kid (as have we all I presume)....
i'm very open about my skills with phones, I usually have teahcers at my school asking me about how to this or that with their phones.
I figured out how tog et onto my schools PA system a few years ago. I personally havent used it but yah... wow... I didnt mean to type it this long.

I just occupy myself with skype or soemthing....

Well... thats me... I hope you love me  *rainbowsmiley*
"I Hate Milleniums... It Just Makes It Harder For Lazy Phreaks"

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 07:21:57 PM »
I'm Frog. East coast of Canada. Eighteen years old. My two main interests are linguistics and telephony. I play the bass guitar, write occasionally, and like to tell people they're wrong. I have a decent knowledge of Latin and German. Due to the internet's disintegration of the mood of writing, most people think I'm an asshole. In reality, I would go out of my way to help almost anyone. I am particularly fond of Vikings and big noses.
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-7
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 11:38:44 PM »
Hey, I'm I-baLL and I'm a total n00b.

I got into h/p/a/c/v back in '94 after already being into computers and stuff. I saw that episode of Ghostwriter that talked about BBSes and found out that BBSes actually existed. So eventually I got a computer with a modem and started looking around for local bbs numbers. Finally I found out that a classmate of mine's brother ran a bbs from home but only during random hours. It was called "Exstacy BBS" and it only had about 3 or 4 users on it. But it also had other BBS numbers there so all was good. So I got into BBSes, called around and got into the scene. I must've found the PLA textfiles on one of those bbses in around 95 because in '96-'97 I remember being on the PLA web site in school and just waiting for updates.

So here I am today, trying to learn as much as I can and just messing about and having fun.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 12:13:48 AM »
Hi there!

My real name is Oscar I was born pretty far away from the States a long while ago, I've been moving around since.
Never met my Papa or anything related to him, I've moved with my fiancée almost an year ago and everything is going sweet.
My Mum bought me my first PC when I was 6 (I'm 23 now) it was a 486i Compaq that still works (great stuff!!)
I've never been too good with tech things but I like it and I'm always open to learn new things.
I reached PLA like about 2 months now (Brad correct me if I'm wrong cuz I can't remember) and I turned a total addict even knowing that I have no much room here since I'm not American nor very technically skilled.
But as Mentor said, there are no nationalities here so I hope you're cool with me anyways.
I can understand 4 languages and speak two (well maybe 1 and a half) mmm and well I don't know what else it was supposed to be a short introduction sorry  :)

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 07:51:16 AM »
Howdy.

I'm Matt. I'm 19, and I'm going to school to perform, write, and teach music. When I was in middle school- early highschool, I was all into the h/p thing, but I've sort of petered out after things my friends did started coming back on me (re: bomb threats). I live in Oshkosh, WI, which is where I was born and (hopefully) not where I live after I graduate. I'm all music in almost any form, indie comics, underdog cartoons (Home Movies) and playing foursquare.

Oh yeah, I'm also getting married in a year and a half or so. Maybe.

Offline Zan

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-2
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 12:22:12 PM »
Hello PLA and PLA associates,

My name is Zan. I found this site through hektik.org after I heard some calls Zak participated in. In those days I wasn't very educated on forum etiquette, and chose not to register on PLA://forums. Since then I've been a lurker, watcher, and most important consumer of your fine entertainment. I live in Chicago, IL. I practice interests in technology (Networking, and php/flash actionscript scripting). I love comedy. The humor practiced and perpetuated on PLs.org rock. Now I want to be a part of the community.

Thank you,

Z

Offline JohnKerry

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +12/-45
  • how do you ask a man 2b the last man not married?
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 08:06:47 AM »
Hi this is John Kerry.  I'm 13 yrs old love cheetos, fries, and pies.  I go to bakery 7 days week.  My interests include pooping, eating, and pooping.  (woods pooping is a sport assholes!)

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 06:51:40 PM »
Hi Everybody!

This is Raptor, or "Aaron" as some call me. Im from Western, MA, and have been into PLA for a couple years. (and when I say "into" I mean totally obsessed) I Have listened to PLA radio, heard every call, and read all of the origional Zine issues. I've been into the fourms since they were relitivley new aswell. If you want to talk, AIM me at

dhpcraptor
or skype me at
dhpc_raptor

Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

IluvInternet24/7

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 10:06:45 AM »
 Hello I am IluvInternet24/7. I like computers and the Internet and I like to correct people on spelling and grammer (not here, family is way more fun). I don't really prank people, but I love seeing what the PLA does. Some people call me "Cornelius" or "Corny", even though I'm not a guy and my real name is Mady. I like to read if I'm not on the PLA or waisting my life some other way. Ummmm... I think thats it.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 01:06:48 PM by IluvInternet24/7 »

Offline PayphoneDave

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Been on the job to long...
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 10:26:18 AM »
PayphoneDave here out of Utah where I've been a payphone tech for a long, "seen it all" 17 years (10 years of Alarm install/service work before that).
Hope to meet many of you and share some hopefully not to twisted tales of the twisted pair here!

Offline ndnow

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 08:02:17 AM »
Hi my name is Nick and could register on the old side because the crack asses wouldn't accept my email!  Anyways long time since I've seen this place very nice.. how come nothing has changed?