Author Topic: Fiverr.com  (Read 5367 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Fiverr.com
« on: February 16, 2012, 02:20:04 PM »
I recently started spending a lot of time on fiverr.com, after being intrigued by the videos someone had done for Carlito's show, which I can't seem to find right now.  (Someone post them!)  If you're unfamiliar with fiverr.com, it's a site where people will perform all kinds of wacky services for $5.00.  They'll perform wacky reviews of things on video, they'll prank call people for you, they'll pass out fliers, they'll give you a bunch of Facebook followers.  Here are a few awesome things people will do for $5.00:

I will dance to 2 minutes of any song of your choice in a hot dog costume for $5

I will make a personalized message emerge from my toilet for $5

I will dance for 50 seconds to any song as naughty panda for $5

I will record a voice over for you for $5

I will ghetto Preach your 30 second message for $5

I will do An Emotional Rant Video for $5

I will write a cheesy, unique acoustic love song for you for $5

I will rap a 16 line verse song about anything you want for $5

I will tell anyone off for you for $5

So here's my plan with Fiverr.  I've put up a couple services of my own.  Any money I make from those services, I'm going to put right back into PLA by having these people do wacky things for us.  PLA could use some wacky rant videos about random PLA things.  There's a lot of people that will do things to promote our stuff, like passing out PLA flyers or tweeting our messages to their thousands of followers.  I'm going to try all of these promotional things.  A bunch of $5 audio promos for Cacti Radio will be awesome.  And so will having a guy dance around in a hot dog suit to a PLA song.

Go look on fiverr.com and tell me what you'd like to see happen first.  I've got some money in my PayPal right now, so I think I'm going to go ahead and order a few things.  Make some suggestions for me!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
Re: Fiverr.com
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »
Here's the first video I've gotten done. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-lV5K2g4gs&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/m-lV5K2g4gs&rel=1</a>

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-1
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 06:56:40 PM »
That's fucking great!

Did you write the dialogue or did she come up with what to say?
my prankcalls: chowdersploitation

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 07:37:07 PM »
I scripted most of it.  I thought she would ad-lib a little more, but she mostly stuck to the script.

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 05:24:43 AM »
Until I read that last post I was really impressed that she had come up with all that on her own and thought to myself "$5 well spent" but you just dashed my illusions arby  :'(

Did she do the editing and camera flips, or was that you too?

I still think the $5 was worth it. The look on her face saying "Cactus" is great!  ;D

Looking thru the site now... some of this stuff is  :nonsense:... I love it
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 08:03:08 AM »
She did all the editing herself, but I put the phonelosers.org text on the end of it. 

I ordered a couple more things last night, so expect more soon!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 10:09:30 AM »
I'm going to have a Morgan Freeman impersonator do a drop for Cacti Radio.  Anyone have any ideas on what I should have him say?  Samantha says to have him do a parody of his voiceover work on the PBS universe documentary, as if he's observing and narrating our strange behaviour.  Yeah, she spelled behaviour like that.  Fuckin' Canadians.  I've never seen that documentary, though.

Maybe something like "Hi, I'm Morgan Freeman.  After a long day of filming, I like to be alone in my trailer, turn on Cacti Radio and drink grape koolaid all night"

What should Morgan Freeman say to us?  This guy can also do Christopher Walken, but I like his Morgan Freeman better.

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 12:54:50 PM »
Yeah I'm thinking Shawshank-ish but then Family Guy did that already.

Suddenly a South Park episode comes to mind - "The Simpson's Did It" - so just because similar or the same has been done before doesn't mean it couldn't be funny.

The Documentary stuff that comes to my mind is more like Steve Irwin - "Look at the Arby in his natural habitat. Let's see what happens when I stick my finger up his bum. Oooh. The PLA is mighty upset now."

A video face-off? Someone talking smack about the PLA or RBCP and then Christopher Walken "woa. you're talking to my friend all wrong. You're using the wrong tone." Then insert some phone tones. Pit him against the woman.

Morgan Freeman - "Tiny chat is in flames. No. Not real flames as in on fire, but flames as in a flame war. What is a flame war you may ask. Well, you may ask but I don't have to answer. I couldn't hear you anyway. This is simply a voice over. I am not really listening to Cacti Radio right this moment but rather I am home in my mansion, sitting under a slowly turning ceiling fan as I drink the last of the grape kool-aid. Mental note. Ask Consuela to buy more Grape Koolaid. It is very yummy. Very yummy. Now, as I listen to the PLA attempt to pull yet another hotel room prank, I am reminded of my first phone prank when I was a child. It also was on a random hotel guest. Turning the crank slowly, so very slowly, I asked the operator to dial the number 35. Yes, only two digits. Phone numbers were very short when I was a child. Not because it was so very long ago but rather because black people could not afford phones in my neighborhood. An older gentleman answered. I screamed "ADULTERER" as loud as I could into the mouth piece, hung up, then ran laughing hysterically into my room. It was a good prank. The next day my father committed suicide. It seems that he was in that hotel room with Consuela's mother that day and he was in fact committing adultery. He committed suicide rather than suffer the embarassment. Perhaps in the end the prank was on me. And perhaps it was not that funny. But it was a long, long time ago and I have grown much since then. Unlike the PLA which we shall now listen in to one of their pranks. Much funnier than mine. Much, much funnier."

Random :nonsense: from the tip of my brain...

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 10:32:06 AM »
Here's another rant video.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vqu7D988K3s&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Vqu7D988K3s&rel=1</a>

This guy doesn't even try to hide that he's reading my email while he rants, but at least he ad-libbed more than the other lady.

raven, your Morgan Freeman thing is great!  I'd probably have to shorten it up a bit, though.  I will try to get that submitted to him soon.  I still have a couple other video things on the way.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 10:14:21 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/enVN24ZES9s&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/enVN24ZES9s&rel=1</a>

For $5 this girl danced around in a Dinosaur suit for me.  I love the internet!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 05:50:13 PM »
http://www.cactiradio.com/media/cacti_mcfly.mp3

For $5, I got Marty McFly to endorse Cacti Radio!  This guy can do Family Guy voices and Arnold Shwaretnentneetnteiiergger.  If anyone can think of a good Family Guy or Arnold drop (or anything else PLA-related), post it in here!

Also, maddox, today I submitted your script to the Morgan Freeman guy.  He replied and said it was hilarious.  He should have it done in a day or two.

I'm still really into this Fiverr thing, so if anyone has some spare time and wants to browse around there for ideas, I'm open to just about anything. 

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 03:18:26 PM »
http://cactiradio.com/media/morgan_freeman.mp3

There's Morgan Freeman's speech.  His voice is perfect, but he sure could use some acting lessons.

Offline Darkstranger

• Femme Fatale
  • Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 08:27:25 PM »
Gawd dammit these are super cool to the extreme. They make me want to do bath salts all day and watch the vids over and over again.

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 07:43:02 PM »
http://cactiradio.com/media/morgan_freeman.mp3

There's Morgan Freeman's speech.  His voice is perfect, but he sure could use some acting lessons.

Awesome! I love it! But yeah while the voice is perfect it seems he doesn't really "know" Morgan Freeman.   EDIT. Second thought, I love it. He could tweak it a bit but maybe that's just because of the way I heard it in my head.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:46:08 PM by ravenmaddox »

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 09:43:30 PM »
Yeah, he's awesome.  I think I just heard him reading it because I'd already read the transcript of it a few times.  It's the best thing ever.  I'm going to put some music behind it before I add it to the Cacti Radio rotation.  Maybe something from the Shawshank Redemption soundtrack.