Other Stuff That Has Little To Do With PLA > This is a Recording!

Call forwarding to Thisisarecording numbers

<< < (2/2)

nyphonejacks:
this is the reason why i have had to record the *SIT - the number you have dialed is NIS* recording for the outgoing recording for a google voice number that i abandoned because too many people had the number.. since i could not find a way to forward it to the recording, even by sending it first to a VoIP provider that then passed the call off to the recording..

rbcp:

--- Quote from: ravenmaddox on March 21, 2012, 07:39:07 PM ---I thought all lines supervised. I mean, what is the reason for a line to NOT supervise?

--- End quote ---

My guess is so that people don't get charged for calling them.  Back in the day, long distance was expensive so it would have sucked to be charged for calling a disconnected number.  Just record the message onto your voicemail.

ravenmaddox:

--- Quote from: rbcp on March 22, 2012, 09:07:57 AM --- Just record the message onto your voicemail.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's what I have wound up doing, recording the message about 5 times, but it would be so much neater if I could just change my forwarding to different numbers instead of re-recording each time. Also since I am holding my cell phone in front of my computer speakers, the audio is not as great as if it were a direct connect to the number.

nyphonejacks:
yea thats how the recording sounds my my "abandon" google voice number 718-530-0779 sounds like shit..

i was able to forward my cell phone number or house number directly to a NIS recording before but no luck doing so when calling to or from a google voice number..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version