Author Topic: Pay Phones of the Future  (Read 2146 times)

Offline KorkyBoutck

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Low-level employee

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Pay Phones of the Future
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 09:52:33 AM »
Neat, futuristic internet terminals, just like airports have had for the past 10 years!  And at the same bargain basement prices of $1.00 for 4 minutes!  Things are looking more and more like Back to the Future 2 every day!

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 05:45:31 PM »
I once called Mattel and demanded to know why they stopped production of the hoverboard. A nice lady tried to tell me that it was only a movie stunt and that I should ask the studio how it was done. I told her that she was wrong and that my uncle Bob Zemeckis had given me one as a gift, but now it was broken and I needed it serviced. She remained unhelpful.
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com

Offline Eloquence

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Taco Supreme commander of phone lines
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 11:08:50 AM »
Thats neat but can you Redbox it?

Offline Mister Skin

• PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +6/-2
  • Radio Jerk/Phone Phreak
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 01:47:36 PM »
Where I'm at, payphones are not only alive and well, they are constantly used and there are sometimes 6 at one particular intersection. Out of those 6 or so, only one has been murdered (someone just beat the fuck out of the receiver and left it with 2 wires coming out, next to a dented Busch beer can)

I would estimate there are at least 50 payphones along the main drag. I am going to start taking pictures of them for my lame ass Flickr page pretty soon. When I found an empty payphone shell one week, there was a new phone in it the next. Local calls are only 25 cents, and I see people on them all the time. I'm not sure if they are COCOTs or AT&T, but they are here and not going anywhere for a long time, in the city of Cicero, IL...
The popcorn you have been eating has been pissed in, film at 11