Author Topic: Booster bag  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Q_

• PR rat-bastard
  • PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +3/-7
  • Keep hands and Feet Inside the booth at all times
Booster bag
« on: March 26, 2012, 07:55:42 AM »
In a completly hypothetical situation, let's say I need to make a booster bag, the kind that's used to defeat RFID tags, anyone know a surefire way to make one? I was thinking of(hypotheticaly) taking a laptop bag and making a pocket on the inside make of about 15 layers of tin/aluminium foil and duct tape. Would this work? Or could it fail, baddly. I have a way to test it out as well if anyone else has any ideas
"Just shut up, Shut up now."
-{{<Q>}}

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
Re: Booster bag
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »
I have been curious about the same in a purely hypothetical sense. I have heard that mylar, like the mylar baloons wal-mart sells, are a good shield but everything I read says that the mylar needs to be closed like overlapped because if there is any kind of seam, the seam could act like an antenna to broadcast the signal. Perhaps could experiment with covering the base to a cordless phone until something blocks the signal.

The other thing I have read is that carbon absorbs the signals, so theoretically a bag of charcoal or a crushed charcoal liner with a few millimeter thickness all about should do the trick and not be as noisy as tinfoil.
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com