Author Topic: Buying Domains  (Read 3526 times)

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-1
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
Buying Domains
« on: May 31, 2012, 05:26:04 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has any recommended places to buy existing domains? Like domains with PR1 or higher ratings..
my prankcalls: chowdersploitation

Offline Skip

• Trying to learn...
  • Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-3
  • Your average ethical hacker...
    • SkipLive's Website
Re: Buying Domains
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »
Dear Markov,
 Hmm.. you should check out http://www.sedo.com.. What type of domain are you looking for?
           PS; If you want to buy a domain that is not already in use or for sale then you should get a domain and web hosting for like 19$ a year at http://www.admixhosting.com ... My old buddy Adam is the owner of that site.
I am making stupid decisions as a kid, or as a young adult, but I'm trying to be better now, I'm trying to take this lemon and make lemonade.

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 02:55:21 AM »
I'm looking for existing domain names with PR1+ ratings. I just bought a PR2 domain from Godaddy expired domains auctions and waiting for it to come through to my account- guess it can take up to 2 weeks, which kinda sucks and woulda been nice to know up front.

Was just wondering if anyone knew of any other good sites to check for this

I took a look at your friend's hosting site, but the costs were $50 for a year, which isn't terrible but pretty much on par with average hosting costs these days

Offline Skip

• Trying to learn...
  • Newb
    • SkipLive's Website
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 03:19:17 AM »
Yeah.. I don't know of any others. But my friend only charges me 20$ a year for bronze webhosting and a domain name... I guess it is just because he own's it. I never knew that it was actually that much money...
I am making stupid decisions as a kid, or as a young adult, but I'm trying to be better now, I'm trying to take this lemon and make lemonade.

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 04:50:12 AM »
also promo code INDY500 gets you a $1 .com domain through GOdaddy - they also give you a free .info domain with .com purchase right now, so $1.35 total after ICANN fees for a .com & .info through this deal

just got a couple myself, thought i'd share

Offline Skip

• Trying to learn...
  • Newb
    • SkipLive's Website
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 05:17:13 AM »
Sweet.. thats awesome man.. Thanks How long does the promo code last? is it just like a deal for a day?

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 05:27:48 AM »
I'm not sure.. I found it through another forum and the code has been good for a while, so it may last a while longer. The free .info deal is a special they are running now, don't know how long that will go either

The .info doesn't have to be the same domain as the .com, although they make it kind of look like it has to be when browsing

Offline ravenmaddox

• Quoth the RaVeN
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +26/-51
  • In the Internets no one can hear you scream
    • Quoth the RaVeN
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »
I use networksolutions.com for my registrar but I have only ever bought an existing domain once and the guy who owned it was thru networksolutions so it was like an in-house transfer. Not sure if that helps at all but I have been pleased with their services and options so far.
Jesus Fucking Christ! Are you an idiot or just trying to be funny?

--- Quoth the RaVeN --- 2008.12.30 ---
http://www.RaVeNMaDDoX.com

Offline funkspiel56

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Cactus!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 12:38:05 PM »
go daddy is where I bought mine...another one is 1&1....go dady was very simple and somewhat cheap...or you could get a free domain but these usually end in weird things