Author Topic: Doug Stanhope Impersonating Johnny Rotten  (Read 1790 times)

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-1
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
Doug Stanhope Impersonating Johnny Rotten
« on: November 02, 2012, 01:44:19 PM »
(Doug Stanhope blog post).

'I get a call at 7:45 am a few weeks ago, that I only got up for to scream at whoever dare call at that hour. Missing the call, I check the voice message and it says: "Hey John it's Mike Ragogna from KRUU & HuffPost - we have a phone interview scheduled if you can please call the studio line - it'll be real easy, just a few questions about the new release and PiL."

'I had an interview scheduled with this same guy at noon so he'd obviously put the wrong phone number to the wrong guest - and although I don't know shit about music I did catch the John and the PiL together and realized he was calling for John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten.

'So I dialed the number he'd called me from, got voicemail and left a message saying who I was and that he'd called the wrong guest. Ten minutes later I'm woken up again to the phone ringing and now I'm fucking furious: "Hey John it's Mike Ragogna from KRUU & HuffPost - we have a phone interview scheduled if you can please call the studio line..."

'This time I said fuck it, wrote down the studio number, put on the best British accent I could muster (which is absolutely fucking awful) and called in to do the interview as best as I could, being still half asleep and not knowing shit about who I am pretending to be (Johnny Rotten...).'

Audio recording: http://soundcloud.com/dstanhope/john-lydon-interview
my prankcalls: chowdersploitation

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Doug Stanhope Impersonating Johnny Rotten
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »
That was fun to listen to, though I was hoping he'd let the DJ know that he'd been pranked at the end.

Offline markov

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +16/-1
  • The mgt.
    • chowdersploitation
Re: Doug Stanhope Impersonating Johnny Rotten
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 09:07:38 AM »
Yeah, it wasn't as funny as I was expecting from Stanhope... but still generally funny that he did it and the guy was clueless
my prankcalls: chowdersploitation