Author Topic: Everything is going all clusterfuck  (Read 10608 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Everything is going all clusterfuck
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 10:45:15 PM »
Glory days is before computers were invented and we all talked about PLA in front of the corner store.

Frog, I don't remember ever having any problems with your posts.  I definitely don't consider you a part of the problem.  You're not attacking users and making tons of garbage posts or one word replies.  Thanks for the lengthy confession/apology thing though!

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 10:53:19 PM »
right on!!!

No, seriously, though. Arbie, you should have kept your handle as Wagon Fodder for a few more days. It would have been good and confusing.

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 04:13:52 AM »
Going back to the subject, these little fights are what happen in any kind of community; this is why Romulus killed Remo and why the first’s wars started. Is part of us, we are humans after all so don’t ask for impossible things.
I don’t wanna’ get biblical but we didn’t follow one simple rule about a stupid apple and you wish to get always the correct posts?? It is against the human nature, we love to fight each other and we also love to piss people off; that’s why we prank, hack, etc etc etc…
We wouldn’t do it if we just were different, but be honest with yourself; don’t you love when you have this amazing come over and the other guy stands like a total idiot?? There you got your answer m8y

Cya

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • Douchenozzle
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 07:03:34 AM »
This is very true, FB, but this is the INTERNET, which means that you have a huge opportunity to exercise self-control not found in the real world. People focus too much on their relative anonymity and not on the fact that they actually have the chance to think before they hit post (and they also have an edit button)

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-7
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 09:42:35 AM »
I don't think that's true at all. I think all that isjust an excuse tioact like an idiot and/or an asshole.

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • Douchenozzle
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 09:51:51 AM »
Let's agree to dis- you're a fucktard.

Nah, I kid. I agree, people do use the Internet as an excuse to be an asshole. But why the Internet and not their place of business/school/home? Nobody can really DO anything physically to you on the Internet. There are all sorts of things a determined man can do to a victim while online, but he cannot directly cause physical harm. I think people see this subconsciously.

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +20/-11
  • Hi? Need a squid sandwich, next five, ten minutes.
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 09:07:24 AM »
Personally living miles away from most of you, the PLA forums to me serve three purposes in particular:

1) To have the experience of an internet forum;
2) To satisfy my curiosity about those of like mind; and
3) To get ideas that enhance my personal life and experiences.  (Like fuck with my friend's ex-wife who cheated on him six days after he left for active duty)

I would say the PLA in general attracts the kids and kids-at-heart; and yes, it's obvious many of the n00bs don't realize there is a method to this madness...

...still, many of you hold up these forums well!  Thank you frog, altalp, CK, neep, nwbell, Col.Panic, murd0c!

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 10:08:34 AM »
Let's agree to dis- you're a fucktard.

Nah, I kid. I agree, people do use the Internet as an excuse to be an asshole. But why the Internet and not their place of business/school/home? Nobody can really DO anything physically to you on the Internet. There are all sorts of things a determined man can do to a victim while online, but he cannot directly cause physical harm. I think people see this subconsciously.
Eh, I should've made it more clear thaat I was replying to FB's post and not to yours.

Offline JohnKerry

• Local Operator
  • 1337 13V3L: +12/-45
  • how do you ask a man 2b the last man not married?
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 03:17:04 PM »
As Fubbus once said, nobody on this forum takes themselves seriously enough to care.  The fact that anyone cares about the content is hilarious.

Offline badakku

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-3
  • nevermind
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 01:00:56 PM »
RBCP, you should just make a private part of the forum reserved for those who meet certain standards. Once a person has proven their ability to be at least a non-degenerative part of the PLA community, allow them access to it. Then everyone could brag about how they were invited and speak about all of the super secret "content" that would be provided to them because of it. All the lamers around here could possibly become envious and change their ways in hopes of being accepted. Alternatively, you could just tell people that you have already done this, and use it as an excuse for the lack of content in these forums.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 01:44:35 PM »
RBCP, you should just make a private part of the forum reserved for those who meet certain standards. Once a person has proven their ability to be at least a non-degenerative part of the PLA community, allow them access to it. Then everyone could brag about how they were invited and speak about all of the super secret "content" that would be provided to them because of it. All the lamers around here could possibly become envious and change their ways in hopes of being accepted. Alternatively, you could just tell people that you have already done this, and use it as an excuse for the lack of content in these forums.

We have already done this.

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 01:53:51 PM »

We have already done this.

Yeah, it's called Usenet.

Offline badakku

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-3
  • nevermind
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 02:15:27 PM »
There's no content on usenet! (It's supposed to be a secret, don't tell the RIAA, MPAA, **AA, etc..)

Offline Dr P4nyk

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-12
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 07:15:54 PM »
I don't think that's true at all. I think all that isjust an excuse tioact like an idiot and/or an asshole.

You forgot the anonymous part.  The main reason people use the internet is to act like an asshole anonymously.  Most of the assholes you see would never act the same in real life.

P4nyk