Author Topic: Phone Bomb  (Read 20468 times)

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-31
  • ummm cacti
    • http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1879/bagmanonfire4pb.jpg
Re: Phone Bomb
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2006, 02:45:10 PM »
Could http://www.PhoneBomb.net be dead?
This Account Has Been Suspended

Phone Bomb had mentioning a second domain name, now only if I could remember the name!!!

Offline Phone Bomb

• Baby Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2006, 03:14:27 PM »
Could http://www.PhoneBomb.net be dead?
This Account Has Been Suspended

Phone Bomb had mentioning a second domain name, now only if I could remember the name!!!

the district attorney's office in california called my host and threatened to shut down his server.  I'm working on getting it back up somewhere else.

Stay tuned.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2006, 03:54:43 PM »
Gonna move it offshore or something?  You should talk to Heywood at messedup.net.  He's dealt with being shut down repeatedly before and probably knows of some good hosting solutions.

Offline Phone Bomb

• Baby Phone Loser
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2006, 08:24:10 PM »
I'm thinking of moving it offshore, but the thing is, I don't want to pay for it.  I'm hoping to get some kinda of ad placement deal or some shit.

Any ideas?

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2006, 10:41:12 PM »
That was relatively short lived. I still don't see how this whole thing could be "fully legal", as you do encourage people to call by giving them ideas of what to say, how to do it, and even say "do it" and "it must go on" while also saying don't do it.

They used the same logic to put Matthew Hale in prison, where he would say both "kill someone" and "don't do it because of me". It put him in prison, and I can totally see why it shut your site down.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2006, 10:48:46 PM »
I don't see how a site like that can possibly continue either.  For the past 10 years I've been regularly contacted by various state cops, secret service, district attorneys, pissed off businesses, and angry citizens.  And my site's not nearly as evil as Phone Bomb.  I wish you luck with your site, but I would expect to be forced to move often. 

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • Douchenozzle
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2006, 10:50:05 PM »
As a real suggestion as to what you should do:

Make mirrors of your site removing all the phone numbers and contact info and host them on different sites like Geocities/xmission/other free providers.

Send this mirror to offshore webhosting companies, universities, and individuals, along with the statistics. I'm sure if you're persistant enough, some other twisted fuck with no regard to US law will happily host you. It just takes persistance.

Another idea would be to find other harassment outfits overseas and see if you can lump in with them, or get some hosting space off of them, and promise to double their suscriber base in return. It would look great, especially if they sold ads.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2006, 03:16:57 AM »
Instead of calling it phone bomb just call it like "10 digits" keep everything the same but just replace phone with "10 digits" everywhere its written, and then have a description of the site saying something along the lines of "what numbers could you enter in? Phone numbers that people "MAY" bomb". And then to stop fake numbers have a report number button.

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • Douchenozzle
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2006, 05:43:37 AM »
That doesn't make it any more legal or responsible for harassment.

The issue isn't the way the site is worded. The issue is, people are submitting numbers, PB is POSTING them, and even if they weren't encouraging people to bomb, they sure aren't condemning it or pulling numbers that are being harassed, which means that (in some states) they are in fact encouraging harrassment by letting it go on.

You can say something is for "educational purposes" or say "people MAY bomb this number, but we don't condone it" and it doesn't mean shit depending on how it's carried out.

Also, if you would have saw the forums, it contradicted the site with all that "don't call this number, for educational...." shit strongly enough that it alone could have gotten the site shut down.

I think you had a good idea, Phone Bomb, but I think you may have let it go too far.

Offline Phone Bomb

• Baby Phone Loser
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2006, 12:52:58 PM »
I just inquired with a bunch of warez sites, we'll see what happens.

Offline Phone Bomb

• Baby Phone Loser
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2006, 01:27:31 PM »
My former host just informed my that he was contacted by a local San Diego news team for a quote and they will be talking about Phone Bomb tonight at 5.  If anyone can get me a recording of this, I will forever by endowed and will pay you $20 via paypal.

Also, $5 if you show me where I can stream this shit online if possible.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2006, 02:23:49 PM »
what station will it be on?

Are you sure hes not lying though? Cause wasnt Anchorman based in San Diego?

And wow I found this ridicules I went to phonebomb.net and this is what i got:

South America Gay Travel Customizable Tours, Open Dates. $ 100 discount if booked by Oct. 31 www.southamericagaytravel.com

« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 02:30:16 PM by PHISH-PHREAK »

Offline dank

• Newb
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2006, 04:37:54 PM »
I got a couple calls from the san diego news. apparently my number was on your list. haha.
It is the channel 10 news, they asked me to give information about any harassing phone calls and whatnot, but I havent recieved any more prank calls than usual. :D

btw... thats not a challenge. just saying.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 04:44:19 PM by dank »

Offline Altalp

• OMG Mod
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +244/-20
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2006, 04:51:15 PM »
I got a couple calls from the san diego news. apparently my number was on your list. haha.
It is the channel 10 news, they asked me to give information about any harassing phone calls and whatnot, but I havent recieved any more prank calls than usual. :D

btw... thats not a challenge. just saying.

How did you get to phonelosers from a phonecall about phonebomb? 

Offline dank

• Newb
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2006, 05:43:12 PM »
google :)