Author Topic: Skype question  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Mishhy

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Low-level employee
Skype question
« on: March 21, 2014, 01:40:25 AM »
So a while ago i remember there was a free skype number for calls to america which was great .. though its no longer around (are there any more) so i paid for some skype credit today via 10 dollar card - about 30 minutes in and maybe 15 calls my accounts suspended because of possible account hijack.
Anyone experienced this and know why?

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Skype question
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 10:23:18 AM »
Because Skype is a bunch of scammers.  They've suspended 2 of my accounts for no good reason, stealing more than $60 from me.  At least they only took you for $10.

Offline Mishhy

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
  • Low-level employee
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »
Well how do you prank call when skypes forever banning? is there another program?
Also looking for some toll free numbers if you know any :)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 10:20:36 PM »
I'm just being careful with Skype mostly.   I try not to go overboard with making too many calls at once.  The time they stole $60 from me, I had spent an hour dialing the same number over and over constantly.  I chatted with a rep and explained what I was doing to her and she fixed it and my account came back.  But then a day later they shut it down permanently.

One alternative might be Voxox.  They don't have unlimited, but their rate for U.S. calls is just 1 or 2 cents per minute.  So an entire hour of calls would just cost you 60 cents.  That seems reasonable and might even be cheaper than Skype for some people.

I'd read that WhatsApp is going to start offering phone calls soon.  Right now they do texting for $1 per year so their rates should be good.  And then there's Google Voice which is completely free.  And you can dial numbers from Google Hangouts, so if you're looking to conference with friends while prank calling, that could be something.  I don't know anyone that does that though.  Everyone just uses Skype.