Author Topic: wal-mart prank  (Read 13695 times)

Offline hosh_spicer

• OMG!!!
  • PLA Fan Club
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-5
  • OMG...so what does that red button do again??
wal-mart prank
« on: November 21, 2006, 02:06:34 PM »
first of all I'm sure this has been done before but i'v never heard of it, also I just think it would be great to get on camera...

so yesterday one of my buddys was closing subway down in the local walmart, he counted the drawer and I walked with him to the back of the store with him so he could copy the end day report...anyways I saw a walmart id card and decided I wanted one. as we were leaving I noticed that on the back of the card it had the codes for the PA system i.e. code adam- missing child black-weather ext.

in the kitchen part of the subway they have their own line and extension from walmart (you can access the PA system from there without being on camera)
I was thinking it would be great to call like a bomb situation over the pa watch the employees panic and then record everyone run out of the store screaming via camcorder...I CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, EVER. what the repercussions would be from this though although im sure it might be severe if caught...has anyone heard of this or something similar being done? if yes was there jail time involved?

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
Re: wal-mart prank
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 03:16:25 PM »
Bomb threats are not a new thing.  Yes, jailtime was involved.
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 05:13:34 PM »
How about we DON'T do that?

And by the way, RBCP doesn't take kindly to bomb threat related posts.
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 05:17:33 PM »
Here's a tip for anyone who wants to try illegal shit with Wal-Mart:

Their policy is to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

What do you think the fullest extent of the law is involving bomb threats?  I'll give you a hint: it rhymes with "bear or schism."

Anyways, it probably wouldn't be that entertaining.  Wal-Mart also has a strict code to follow when under a code black, which IIRC includes confirming it with security and management and ends with an orderly ushering of customers out of the store without telling them why they're leaving so as not to cause a panic.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Offline nb7899

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-4
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 05:52:43 PM »
Dude it would be cool to do something over the PA, but bomb threats really arn't funny at all, they are pointless, not very funny, and you are seriosly fucked if you get caught.  Do something like say, all things in section 12 are 50% off for the next ten minutes, and watch the havoc that causes.  That would be funny.

Offline frog

• PLA Henchman
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 06:38:41 PM »
Neep, he was talking about blasting the bomb threat over the PA. The people would know why they were leaving.

"A fair ork iz him!"? That doesn't seem like such a bad penalty.

Offline hosh_spicer

• OMG!!!
  • PLA Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 07:58:14 PM »
it dosent have to be a bomb threat...that was more of an example, another idea was to get in a crowded bathroom and blow off a small firecracker then have someone else on the PA calling a hostage situation. I just like the fact that you won't be on camera, although I wasent sure if they could trace the call from what extension it came from though...like the idea of the 50% off deal to nb7899...

And by the way, RBCP doesn't take kindly to bomb threat related posts.

sorry your right...the bomb threat was a little
to much...my bad, it is all in good fun though.
besides all this is hypothetical.

Offline frog

• PLA Henchman
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 08:15:05 PM »
A HOSTAGE SITUATION WITH A FUCKING EXPLOSION IN THE BATHROOM IS WORSE, YOU MORON.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 08:17:44 PM by frog »

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-31
  • ummm cacti
    • http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1879/bagmanonfire4pb.jpg
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 08:18:25 PM »
Anything illegal = bad

All you need is a kid with a voice like CK who can make bizarre comments over the PA, then the whole store would start to crack up in laughter.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 08:20:56 PM »
Let's put it this way: Any prank which implies harm to a human being is a bad idea.  That's when you're crossing a line between a harmless prank and jail time.  There are so many funny things you can do in a prank call that don't involve panicking people.

Offline hosh_spicer

• OMG!!!
  • PLA Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 10:46:46 PM »
A HOSTAGE SITUATION WITH A FUCKING EXPLOSION IN THE BATHROOM IS WORSE, YOU MORON.

jesus fucking christ...once again, I wouldn't do something like that...My ass has fallen off due to laughter., wow.

Anything illegal = bad

All you need is a kid with a voice like CK who can make bizarre comments over the PA, then the whole store would start to crack up in laughter.

could...don't have a kid with a voice like CK.

Let's put it this way: Any prank which implies harm to a human being is a bad idea.  That's when you're crossing a line between a harmless prank and jail time.  There are so many funny things you can do in a prank call that don't involve panicking people.

true totally agree...I guess I just have a fucked sence of humor, I thought the chaos would be hysterical, besides, sure it might panic some people but I doubt anyone would get hurt over it, although the store might lose a few bucks fuck but fuck the corporate suits.

okay so ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT...point made, now I never have to worry about going to jail for a stupid little prank on wal-mart...

Offline McDiddy

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-0
  • Tricky Midget
    • My Space yay!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 01:35:22 AM »

jesus fucking christ...once again, I wouldn't do something like that...My ass has fallen off due to laughter., wow.

Anything illegal = bad

true totally agree...I guess I just have a fucked sence of humor, I thought the chaos would be hysterical, besides, sure it might panic some people but I doubt anyone would get hurt over it, although the store might lose a few bucks fuck but fuck the corporate suits.

okay so ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT...point made, now I never have to worry about going to jail for a stupid little prank on wal-mart...

I hate those (I.E.Hosh_spicer) who ruin it for the rest of us. From bomb threat to a Hostage situation for a recovery, jeez dude I hope you don't carry a gun or drive a tank as part of your job.
7.\/.

"QUICK change the channel!!"

Offline hosh_spicer

• OMG!!!
  • PLA Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 11:14:51 AM »

Anything illegal = bad

I hate those (I.E.Hosh_spicer) who ruin it for the rest of us. From bomb threat to a Hostage situation for a recovery, jeez dude I hope you don't carry a gun or drive a tank as part of your job.

hey dumb ass, IT WAS HYPOTHETICAL, I doubt I would be able to do something like that, not only would I recevie charges from the state, but the navy as well. No I don't drive tanks, But I do carry M-16's.

and before you post, make sure you read everything...I.E.

besides all this is hypothetical.

look up what the word means in case you don't know...

I was more interested in what the charges would of been, this is the "is it worth it thread"

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 11:16:29 AM by hosh_spicer »

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 03:36:31 PM »
hosh, if you can't take criticism in a forum designed for your ideas to be picked apart and criticized, then don't post in it. This is part of the reason the old Is It Worth It? got closed down, and I'm not about to see my lovechild get closed because you can't take some MUCH NEEDED criticism.

You shouldn't even have to ask what the punishment would be to this crime. My expert advice is to not do it, because if that shit gets back to your friend, he's going to probably get fired for letting you back there/in on the phone thing (if he's working at the time) and if you DO do something illegal, he's gonna roll over on you like a fucking dog so as to not be an accessory to a felony.

It may be hypothetical, but use your head.

Offline hosh_spicer

• OMG!!!
  • PLA Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 04:54:42 PM »
affirmative mattgsx, i'd hate to be part of why your lovechild get closed down again  :P

My expert advice is to not do it

okay...

nuff said, I won't even attempt it. as far as the critisim goes, I also apologize if I was hostile in any way. I live, and work in a environment where you can get criticized for the stupidest shit and you just have to take it. Soo when someone wants to say how people like me ruin their fun it pisses me off...criticize the idea, not me.