OMG IT'S TEH PLA! > Audio Shows (PLA Radio, The Phone Show, Snow Plow Show)

Episode #2 - Social Engineering

(1/3) > >>

rbcp:
This episode of PLA Radio will introduce you to the fine art of lying, also known as social engineering. Learn how to infiltrate various businesses and trick them out of information, all with a simple phone call. This program is approximately 17.5 minutes long and the full version is about 17 megs. Click here to listen to it. You can download the smaller version instead, by clicking here. It's recorded at 32kbps and is only 4 megs. Many thanks to this webpage which we downloaded the Dateline NBC theme song from. And I didn't really threaten to kill that one phone company lady - I dropped in that bit of audio later. I swear, okay??

rbcp:
Comments from the old system:

02/28/06 - branfrog from seattle: Love the brute force SE attempts!...hahaha hacking a Gibson, I am literally rolling around on the floor all crazy-like as I laugh.!!!

02/04/06 - justin but who really cares from hell or i mean tx: dude i loved it your still just a funny cant wait for more

ghostman:
The "I'll kill you" is always a tough line that's really funny if it's done right, but can be creepy.  I think RBCP's delivery would imply that it's a ridiculous joke.  I leave it out of my calls, I'm just an ameteur!

The Pizza Pranks stripper call is a great example of it being hilarious... instead of saying 'bye: "I'll kill you!"

Kerpal: "That's it you are going to die now.  -Just kidding!"

Colonel Panic:
In prank calls, non-sequiturs like that are the best. Throwing in an "I'll kill you" with an inflection of anything other than anger just sounds funny.

BTW, I really liked Mark Knopfler's catchphrases, "I'll carve my initials in him" and "please try to pay attention!"

rbcp:
I have a confession about the "I'll kill you" line...I didn't really say that to her.  I started to, but I decided against it before I got the words out.  I was calling that company direct from my phone line and it was a toll-free number.  It just seemed like a bad idea to be making death threats to her.  So after she hung up, I quickly did that line and then hung up myself.  Then I edited it to appear in the conversation.

I'm not normally a fan of constructing fake prank calls.  And the guilt has just been eating me alive lately, especially now that this conversation has been brought up.  Please forgive me!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version