Author Topic: Riddles  (Read 19396 times)

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
Re: Riddles
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2006, 06:36:45 AM »
A spider!

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2006, 12:44:24 PM »
a riddle then...

I love the web though I've never used a computa'

what am I?

its an easy one bro's c'mon!

Spider. You remind me of a guy from the ACForums. There was a thread about office-related jargon, and he posted oceanfuls of not-office-related-and-unpronounceable acronyms.
I don't need to tell you which user, just read this if you want to witness stupidity in its highest graces.
To see this post in braille, click here.

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2006, 12:23:53 AM »
ha! yeah but in my case is different because I'm in an acceptable level of stupidity, the one that most of the people find amusing.

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2007, 10:17:04 PM »
Here's a riddle.

A man walks into walmart and loads 30 cases of soda into a cart and walks out without paying for it. The LP's do nothing and no one else calls the cops. The following week he brings back 25 cases and gets money.

What the solution?

MIB
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 10:18:55 PM by MIB »
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2007, 05:24:50 AM »
Here's a riddle.

A man walks into walmart and loads 30 cases of soda into a cart and walks out without paying for it. The LP's do nothing and no one else calls the cops. The following week he brings back 25 cases and gets money.

What the solution?

MIB

Is he the soda vendor?
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Offline mb2025

• Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-9
  • System Of A Down Rocks!
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »
a riddle for every one

a lady wakes up everym morning, takes the elevator down to the first floor, then walks to work.  When she comes home, she goes half-way up on the elevator and half-way up on the stairs.  On rainy days she takes the elevator all the way up...why is all this?

im sure you've heard this before
-mark

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-7
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2007, 10:58:28 AM »
Don't know if this make a difference, but the Die Hard riddle beings "As I was going..." instead of "While I was going..."  The word while kind of implies that it was something that happened on the duration of the journey.  "As I was going..." seems more likely to imply that it happened en route.

If you break me, I'll not stop working. If you can touch me, my work is done. If you lose me, you must find me with a ring soon after. What am I?

Sounds like an ice cube.

Offline MIB

• PLA Army
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2007, 06:55:35 PM »
Is he the soda vendor?

Give this man a cigar. Correct. As for the elevator riddle I can remember what the solution is.

Here's a riddle from a book I have:

A rich man's son was kidnapped. The ransom note told him to bring a valuable diamond to a phone booth in the middle of a public park. Plainclothes police officers surrounded the park, intending to follow the criminal or his messenger. The rich man arrive at the payphone (no he didn't use a redbox) and followed the instructions but the police were powerless to prevent the diamond from leaving the park and reaching the crafty villain. What did he do?

MIB

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-31
  • ummm cacti
    • http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1879/bagmanonfire4pb.jpg
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2007, 07:01:18 PM »
 A homing pigeon could be left in the booth with a small container attached to its leg for the diamond. Kidnapper watches from a distance. If there is any 'funny buisness' (like rich man not releasing the pigeon, or bringing in police to put a tracking the device on the pigeon) then kidnapper does not release the son, and doesn't wait around at the spot where the pigeon is going to go. If all goes well, kidnapper takes the next flight to the pigeon's home and waits for it to arrive.

Offline Godot

• Go away, PLA!
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-7
    • Godot's Website
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2007, 07:32:34 PM »
In a world where 1 is 2, 5 is 5, and 8 is 7, what appears when you multiply 331 and 3 without heaven and earth?
"I bought a cactus and it died a week later... I was really depressed, I thought, 'Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.'" -Demetri Martin

Offline nb7899

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +8/-4
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2007, 07:39:19 PM »
a riddle for every one

a lady wakes up everym morning, takes the elevator down to the first floor, then walks to work.  When she comes home, she goes half-way up on the elevator and half-way up on the stairs.  On rainy days she takes the elevator all the way up...why is all this?

im sure you've heard this before

She's a midget!

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2007, 12:25:37 AM »
Is he the soda vendor?

Give this man a cigar. Correct. As for the elevator riddle I can remember what the solution is.

Here's a riddle from a book I have:

A rich man's son was kidnapped. The ransom note told him to bring a valuable diamond to a phone booth in the middle of a public park. Plainclothes police officers surrounded the park, intending to follow the criminal or his messenger. The rich man arrive at the payphone (no he didn't use a redbox) and followed the instructions but the police were powerless to prevent the diamond from leaving the park and reaching the crafty villain. What did he do?

MIB

Uhm, this is a weird one. Nowhere does it say that the guy was supposed to leave the diamond in the booth. So from what I can guess the crafty villain had the rich man go into the booth. The phone rang. The rich man picked it up and was told what to do next.

Offline MIB

• PLA Army
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »
gangels was right about the pigeon.

Here's the solution from the book:

This is a true story from Taiwan. When the rich man reached the phone booth, he found a carrier pigeon in a cage.It had a message attached teeling the man to put the diamond in a small bag which was around the pigeon's neck and to release the bird. When the man did this, the police were powerless to follow the bird as it returned across the city to it's owner.

Here's another riddle.

A mischievous fellow decided to pee out the window of the el train he was on. A police officer on the ground saw this and ran to the train platform which was 100 feet away. When the cop got on the train the perp was gone.

From the above riddle figure out what I'm trying to spell out. The answer is quite easy.

MIB

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2007, 08:55:57 AM »
Pee el A

But..but that doesn't spell anything!

Offline silentneep

• If elected, I promise a ME TOO post once a year to keep my account active and a chicken in every pot brownie.
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +56/-36
  • I have no idea where I am.
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2007, 04:31:44 PM »
Sounds like an ice cube.

Not an ice cube, btw.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.