Author Topic: Racist hate-monger radio host is ruined by phone mobbers  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Colonel Panic

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-40
  • I lost my phone! Guess that makes me a phoneloser!
Racist hate-monger radio host is ruined by phone mobbers
« on: December 28, 2006, 02:44:54 PM »

Right-wing hate monger Hal Turner

On the evening of December 20th, Radio hate monger Hal Turner was driven to distraction--and possibly, financial ruin--by hordes of prank callers to his show. Apparently a crew of phone mobbers, organized through an IRC channel, targeted his show and monopolized his phone lines for the entirety of the call-in portion:

Call it being bored or just too lazy to find anything else to do last night (wednesday Dec 20 ), I decided to tune in Hal Turner - I listened for awhile , Hal as always spent the better part of an hour ranting about something,this week it's the collaspe of the "dollar" - it wasnt till the call-in part did the show get interesting - One of two things took place last night, either we arnt the only ones who dislike Hal Turner or Hal is playing one of his "fundraising" games. Let me explain -

Hal at the beginning of the program alluded that some people in a irc chat room where going to disrupt Hal show and sure enough when the call-in segiment started the first few callers where "people" who ask questions,made comments or just hung up when Hal answered the phone - Hal true to form threatened to send racist skinheads to the callers home - today on Hal's site he has spent the better half of the day writing about the people who called his show and that he is going to post thier phone numbers on his website - what makes me think this is one of Turner's outrageous fundraising tactics is he hasnt posted anyones phone number or address , claimed the irc room closed and has spent a large amount of time and effort talking about something as juvinile as prank callers.

Phone mobbing or cheap publicity stunt? You decide!

http://turnerchan.blogspot.com/

http://turnerchan.blogspot.com/2006/12/My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself.-internet-war.html

« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 12:59:29 PM by Colonel Panic »