Author Topic: Field Podcasting  (Read 11402 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Field Podcasting
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 08:34:37 AM »
Why not try replacing the http://www.phonelosers.org/tv/sodacup/ with some other object, like a shopping bag, or something else interesting.

How about a baby carrier with a real-looking baby in it?

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 12:51:10 PM »
So you're going to be one of the many who recreate Jackass stunts?

Offline amazing_ned

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +4/-2
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 06:24:28 PM »
How about a baby card with a real baby in it?

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 05:47:45 PM »
That's just over the line, dude. I like it.

I think the obscure payment one would go over pretty well. I tried convincing a sub place around here to accept a check I wrote on a banana, but they wouldn't take it. I mean, it had all my info written on it, but apparently they wanted a bank printed check. Fuckers.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 06:29:16 PM »
When you pay with a check at a store, do they take any verifiable information from you or could I just print off some bogus checks, stick them in a book, and buy things with imaginary (well, slightly more so than normal) money?
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 08:41:43 PM »
When you pay with a check at a store, do they take any verifiable information from you or could I just print off some bogus checks, stick them in a book, and buy things with imaginary (well, slightly more so than normal) money?

Yes, the account number is run through a machine and it verifies that the account is good.  But if you had someone's real account number that had money in it, it might work.  But you'd need a fake ID with that person's name on it.  Office supply stores sell books of blank check paper where you just print your info onto it.

Offline gangals

• Merp?
  • PLA Nation Citizen
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-31
  • ummm cacti
    • http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1879/bagmanonfire4pb.jpg
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 08:59:44 PM »
When a store runs your check through their register, it only checks to see if you had any previous bad checks and not if you have a balance large enough to justify the check.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 06:13:01 AM »

Yes, the account number is run through a machine and it verifies that the account is good.  But if you had someone's real account number that had money in it, it might work.  But you'd need a fake ID with that person's name on it.  Office supply stores sell books of blank check paper where you just print your info onto it.

This is intriguing...so essentially any dedicated person could use a check I or anyone else writes to them for identity theft purposes. I'll have to remember that one.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"