Author Topic: Apparently I'm a winner.  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Jersey

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-5
Apparently I'm a winner.
« on: January 26, 2007, 01:55:14 PM »
Just picked up the phone and apparently I won some drawing for a 2007 Cadillac Escalade... 99% sure its just another BS telemarketer type call, but who knows, I probably have entered a shit load of drawings that I don't remember at all (she said it was from 18 months ago).
 The info she relayed back to me was pretty much regurgitated, such as my name. I asked what name was put down on the drawing, and she said it was just a phone number, which steers things into the BS realm even more. Then I told her my name, first and last, and she pulled my sister's name out of somewhere... if it was an online drawing thing for 18+ then I probably did put her name down, if I even did fill out anything to win an Escalade.
Meh, I guess it can't hurt to let somebody else over 18 in the house call up later when they're home to see what its all about.

Tried searching the number she gave me to see maybe what company or whatever it was from, but nothing showed up. Nothing showed up for the CID number either. She didn't even bother to BS as to where I might have filled the supposed drawing out at, so no help from her either.

... As if email spam just isn't enough
Aaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
Re: Apparently I'm a winner.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 02:01:31 PM »
Just picked up the phone and apparently I won some drawing for a 2007 Cadillac Escalade... 99% sure its just another BS telemarketer type call, but who knows, I probably have entered a shit load of drawings that I don't remember at all (she said it was from 18 months ago).
 The info she relayed back to me was pretty much regurgitated, such as my name. I asked what name was put down on the drawing, and she said it was just a phone number, which steers things into the BS realm even more. Then I told her my name, first and last, and she pulled my sister's name out of somewhere... if it was an online drawing thing for 18+ then I probably did put her name down, if I even did fill out anything to win an Escalade.
Meh, I guess it can't hurt to let somebody else over 18 in the house call up later when they're home to see what its all about.

Tried searching the number she gave me to see maybe what company or whatever it was from, but nothing showed up. Nothing showed up for the CID number either. She didn't even bother to BS as to where I might have filled the supposed drawing out at, so no help from her either.

... As if email spam just isn't enough

When she said "18 months ago," she meant "long enough ago that you wouldn't be able to remember to dismiss this." Remember that if you ever try to do the same thing to someone else.
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline Jersey

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +5/-5
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 05:09:04 PM »
Aaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 08:57:27 PM »
CONgraduLationS!!!!1
*thewav* *thewav*
YoU Won the GRANDE PRIZE!!!!!1

IPOD VIDEO (s) OR APPLE (type) CALL PHONE!!

CliK HEre TO Get 1T fasT!

www.wildtargnent.adzon.freeipod.net/9912gf/CLICKTHiSLOL
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 10:12:54 AM »
That link is broken, raptor.  Please post the correct link so i can claim my new Ipod!

Offline Insane Stunt

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-9
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 08:04:47 PM »
Man, I'm jealous. They always tell me I lose... I'm just a big loser. 

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 08:40:46 PM »
figures on the count of you post on a site like this...
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline Insane Stunt

• Junior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-9
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 10:54:26 PM »
I gots lots more posts on another site... I just come here to lurk! i'm a lurker AND a loser! UNSTOPABLE!