Author Topic: MOVED: Making Smoke Bombs  (Read 2429 times)

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
MOVED: Making Smoke Bombs
« on: January 24, 2007, 01:29:27 PM »
Here's a good one:
Making a smoke bomb. It's really easy. Wikipedia even tells you how. What I'm wondering is if one could get arrested for illegal manufacturing of explosives or anything else.

[Edit] Split posts into new topic. Don't make me do it again, please
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 09:46:20 PM by MattGSX »

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
Making smoke bombs
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 01:47:57 PM »
Here's a good one:
Making a smoke bomb. It's really easy. Wikipedia even tells you how. What I'm wondering is if one could get arrested for illegal manufacturing of explosives or anything else.

Smoke bombs are typically not explosive. Normally they are just combustible compounds with slow-burning wicks. Explosive smoke bombs would be a stupid idea, shit would scatter everywhere, nothing would be concentrated, nothing would have a chance to combust beyond the initial, Bang!

On a legal note, the compounds you can use as smoke bombs have applications elsewhere, but you might require a fireworks license or some such thing for it to be "all well and legal." To buy potassium nitrate, I know, you need a license.
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
Making smoke bombs
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 02:50:42 PM »
Yes, but all sorts of things can be put under explosive device. Thanks, though. I think I'm good.
Oh and I just need that potassium nitrate for my garden. It's very undernourished. ;)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 03:24:07 PM by M-26-7 »

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
Re: Making smoke bombs
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 02:30:26 AM »
watch out, our you will have HOMELAND security on your ass for attempting to blow up some ants.
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 03:23:55 AM »
I made the recipe in the A.C. , worked fine for me. Oh and I know a farmer so I got the potassium nitrate from him.
If you can't get it just use your social engineering skills.

Offline sic

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-0
Re: MOVED: Making Smoke Bombs
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 08:46:51 PM »
My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself., same as the post about the napalm =D
i used anarchist cook book years ago, and to tell you the truth, with the knowledge
i know now, the A.C. is a recipe for disaster and missing limbs, My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself..

i got my KNO3 from my chemistry class My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself., sugarrrrrrr was from my kitchen =D

and i had to throw the pot i heated it in away, =(

Offline Sidepocket

• Phone Phreaker Newbs Pwn
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-22
    • http://sidepocket_pro.livejournal.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 11:53:22 AM »
Here's a good one:

Smoke bombs are typically not explosive. Normally they are just combustible compounds with slow-burning wicks. Explosive smoke bombs would be a stupid idea, shit would scatter everywhere, nothing would be concentrated, nothing would have a chance to combust beyond the initial, Bang!

On a legal note, the compounds you can use as smoke bombs have applications elsewhere, but you might require a fireworks license or some such thing for it to be "all well and legal." To buy potassium nitrate, I know, you need a license.

Two things will bite you in the ass though.

One is the US/UK parinoia levels are sky high.

Two is it depends on what kind of chemichals are in the smoke. If its normal smoke fine but if its another gass agent...