4 (13.8%)
7 (24.1%)
3 (10.3%)
2 (6.9%)
5 (17.2%)
5 or more
8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: How many cacti do you own?  (Read 7361 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
How many cacti do you own?
« on: March 05, 2007, 04:17:12 PM »
Raptor asked how many cactus I owned so I'm stealing his question for this poll.

I've owned a few live cactus plants in my life, but I don't have any now.  I have a cactus magnet on the fridge and, of course, countless cactus buttons but I don't think they count.  Once Legend sent me a light up glass neon cactus but that's been sitting in storage for more than a year now.  So my vote is just 1, I guess.  I need more cacti.

How many cacti do YOU have?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 04:18:49 PM by rbcp »

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
Re: How many cacti do you own?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 04:41:09 PM »
OMG HAXS!!!
I have more Cacti then RBCP!! NOW I'M A 1337 ha4x0r rit guys??

Raptor continually asks me this. How many Cactus does RBCP have? He moves a lot so he probably doesn't have too many.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 04:50:36 PM »
Maybe we should all vow to put more cacti into our lives.  Here's a good place to start:

http://buy.ebay.com/cactus

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 05:34:33 PM »
I have two. My grandfather has a cactus so tall it breaks its neck on the ceiling.
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 05:36:03 PM »
I have around 10 all hand grown from the Grand Canyon.

Offline Raptor

• OMG MOD wannabe
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +80/-52
  • We can be happy underground
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 05:51:51 PM »
right now I don't have any but I am planning on buying a couple soon and my friend is breaking off a piece of his that will grow into a new one  :D
Raptor\\\'s Random Reviews!

http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Offline nwbell

• catsex and dead hookers?
  • Full-time Posting Prostitute
  • 1337 13V3L: +10/-0
  • My bid is five... five CACTI! BWAHAHA!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 06:00:41 PM »
I've got one, and only one. It's about eight inches tall, and lives in a small pot. I got it from my bitchy mother. Ah, what the heck... I'll tell the story.

So there I was about two years ago, a week or two before my birthday, playing with Asterisk. I came across savant's hacked-up version of Asterisk.Annoy, and thought it might be fun to play with. Since my mom lives across town and is a total bizzotch, I figured it would be interesting to put the recording of Allison saying "all your base belong to us" into the script, set it to spoof CID, and make it call her about fifty times a minute. So I did.

Then, after about an hour of hammering her, she calls me up and asks me what the hell I think I'm doing to her fone (since I am behind most everything that is Bad and Wrong, after all). I feign ignorance, and ask her how often the calls come, what they say, what the CID is, etc. She mostly falls for my act, and tells me that they come constantly, from 666-666-6666 (the spoofed CID), and say "all your days belong to us". Since she claims to be religious, she says this is clearly some evil satanic hax0r trying to make her crack (BTW, she already had went loopy a couple years prior and IMHO never recovered). I told her that she was obviously hallucinating again, and to get some sleep and take her pills. She then got pissed and said she was going to call the cops.

Another hour passed. She calls again, telling me she had the fone off the hook, and begging me to make the "satanic" calls stop. I told her I had no control over it, and referred her to some "randomly Googled" PLA issues that "would help explain the mindset of these horrible haxors". She hung up and went to read them.

About fifteen minutes later, I killed the script. She called again five minutes thereafter, insisting that I was behind the calls. I just laughed. She hit the celing, screaming about how I was CACTUSING her so badly, and how I was going to hell and all that. I then told her that the message said "all your BASE", laughed some more, and hung up.

On my birthday, the cactus appeared at my office. Attached was a note explaining how to care for the cactus, which ended with a line that went something like:

"When you go to cactus someone, think of this little cactus, and think of how much Jesus loves you. I know you'll do the right thing."

The cactus has brought me good luck through many pranks and two mobbings since ;)

PS: No, I'm not really that cold usually. But my mom is a complete and total shithead. You'd have to know her to get it. Just trust me.

So that's how I got my cactus. It still sits on my desk to this day.
I am an internet haxor. I haxor the internet. It's a pretty good job, million a year plus bennies. So, yeah.
PLA-Minnesota... "A Distant Memory To The Unfortunate Few" • (206) 350-CACTI

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 01:03:51 AM »
That is a veeeerrrrryyyyy mooving story  ;D

Offline afreak

• Area codes I have had numbers to: 604. 780, 778, 403, 250, 206, 360, 643
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +44/-36
  • Also known as "Alberta"
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 06:31:58 AM »
I have just one and it is the lone cactus and plant in the 1-bedroom apartment that I live in. At my parents place, I left behind a small cactus that was slowly dying, but which I managed to revive with some TLC--I hope my parents are taking care of it.

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 07:29:43 AM »
I bought my father a big potted cactus for like $120 a couple years ago, and as far as I know, he still has it. But I don't have any. :(

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 06:29:46 PM »
Cactus Curtain
After the Revolution, many Cubans sought refuge on the base. In fall 1961, Castro had his troops plant an 8-mile (13 km) barrier of cactus along the northeastern section of the fence. This was dubbed the "Cactus Curtain", an allusion to Europe's Iron Curtain[4] and the Bamboo Curtain in East Asia. In 2006, despite the continuing lack of diplomatic relations between the countries, the United States has agreed to return fugitives from Cuban law to Cuban authorities, and Cuba agreed to return fugitives from U.S. law, for offenses committed in Guantánamo Bay, to U.S. authorities.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 06:43:12 PM »
Cactus Curtain
After the Revolution, many Cubans sought refuge on the base. In fall 1961, Castro had his troops plant an 8-mile (13 km) barrier of cactus along the northeastern section of the fence. This was dubbed the "Cactus Curtain", an allusion to Europe's Iron Curtain[4] and the Bamboo Curtain in East Asia. In 2006, despite the continuing lack of diplomatic relations between the countries, the United States has agreed to return fugitives from Cuban law to Cuban authorities, and Cuba agreed to return fugitives from U.S. law, for offenses committed in Guantánamo Bay, to U.S. authorities.

I don't know why but comments like this piss me off.

Offline Yoursupervisor

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-3
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 06:47:57 PM »
I donate Cacti to homeless shelters

IluvInternet24/7

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 12:26:39 PM »
I just bought one yesterday in honor of PLA I guess. His name is Jefriy and he is about 6" and he has a prettyful orange flower. I LOVE YOU JEFRIY YOUR THE AWESOMEST CACTUS EVER  :-*

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +20/-11
  • Hi? Need a squid sandwich, next five, ten minutes.
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 10:36:52 AM »
I just bought a jar of NOPALITOS - pickled cactus!  I've never eaten cactus before today.

Oh yeah, I 've got 4 tiny ones.  I grow them in small pots.