Author Topic: Skateboarding question (Skateboarders are hot! -jammie)  (Read 2281 times)

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
Skateboarding question (Skateboarders are hot! -jammie)
« on: March 24, 2007, 12:46:59 AM »

I have a question for Jammie

Dear Jammie,
Why when I kickflip can't I move my feet fast enough to get both on the board by the time I land.

Nobody could answer this so far, so maybe you could help me out.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 08:56:11 AM by jammie »

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
Re: Question for Jammie
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 04:46:13 AM »
This may be a bit off topic but:

Dear Jammie,
Why when I kickflip can't I move my feet fast enough to get both on the board by the time I land.

You need to jump higher when you kickflip so you have more time to land. If you are only jumping 6 inches off the ground, you should work on that before moving on to kickflips. More height=more time in air=more time to bust trick and land.
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
Re: Question for Jammie
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 07:43:27 AM »
This may be a bit off topic but:

Dear Jammie,

You need to jump higher when you kickflip so you have more time to land. If you are only jumping 6 inches off the ground, you should work on that before moving on to kickflips. More height=more time in air=more time to bust trick and land.

Buy the best board you can find. It'll make you a better sk8boarder. Then go out buy some etnies and as much skateboarding merchandise as possible. This will make you both cooler and a better skateboarder.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 07:58:09 AM by M-26-7 »

Offline jammie

• You ain't PLA if you ain't dated jammie!
  • Arcade Admin
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-67
  • ibaibaibaiba
    • jammie718.com
Re: Skateboarding question (Skateboarders are hot! -jammie)
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 09:39:47 AM »

Dear Jammie,

Dear splynt0r,

I don't think I have ever been on a skateboard in my life, but I will tell you that skateboarding is an excellent pursuit!  I think people that skateboard are so cool.  Leet point for you!

I do want you looking as cool as possible though, so here is some stuff I found that makes no sense to me but could possibly help you!

• You have to jump in the air as soon as you have flipped it but watch your feet, so when the grip tape comes round you can catch it!
  • Rotate the board faster - which can be done by flicking slightly harder.
  • If you can't seem to land it, try a differen't surface to boost your confidence (grass or carpet for example). Try and treat the kickflip like an Ollie, after you flip the board concentrate on landing it like you would with an Ollie.
  • Put more weight on your front foot (to make sure the board doesn't pop up at you) and jump higher.
  • You should get your ollies down while moving before you try kickflips, so do ollies off curbs. It will help you catch/land kickflips later.
  • Have you thought about posting your problem on YouTube? http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=landing+a+kickflip+help - At that link are a bunch of people that need help with kickflips and people with tips.  If they have the same problem you do, maybe check out their answers. Try other search strings too.
  • Practice! Practice! Practice!

Love,
jammie (fanning herself)

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
Re: Skateboarding question (Skateboarders are hot! -jammie)
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
My own mediocre attempt at humor has been highly amusing to myself. thanks a lot, I wasn't thinking I would get 1 answer.  ;D
But thanks a lot about the advice. everybody ;D
(Except the thing about merchandise xD)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 11:45:42 AM by splynt0r »