Author Topic: r00t toxin-This is your intervention  (Read 2669 times)

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
r00t toxin-This is your intervention
« on: April 07, 2007, 12:05:36 PM »
I think we need to stop you before you hurt yourself. When I see your posts, I feel dread and dismay. I believe that something must be done before this whole thing spirals out of control. I am providing you with information from a twelve step program to help.

12 Step Program For Nubs

1. Admit that you are a n00b and that you're posts are unmanageable

2. Believe that the Admin and mods will restore your posts to sanity

3. Make the decision to turn your account over to the care of the Admin

4. Learn to google or chacha before asking a question

5. Admit to the Admin and Moderators the exact nature of your lameness

6. Be entirely ready to have the Admin remove these posts

7. Humbly beg for mercy and ask to have your post count lowered

8. Make a list of all persons flamed and apologize to them all

9. Stop being a postwhore and never bump old threads without something intelligent to add

10. Continue to abide by forum rules and when wrong promptly modify the post

11. Seek out through E-Mail or PM to contact the Admin or staff when unsure if you should post something. BEFORE YOU POST IT!

12. Having reached 31337enment as a result of these steps, try to carry this message to all forums, and practice these principles in all posts

The first step is admitting that you have a problem. If you'll do that, we'll help you.....

</intervention>

{ .l. "I Statements"}
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: r00t toxin-This is your intervention
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 12:14:06 PM »
I banned him yesterday.  He's gone for 3 days.  I told him to spend those 3 days reading the rules.  He couldn't accept that, so he created another account and started posting again, which made me have to ban his IP address.  I'm hoping when/if he comes back, he'll try to behave.  He seems like he's capable of making normal posts, but he just prefers to be annoying on purpose. 

You have potential, r00t toxin.  But I'm guessing I'll end up having to ban you forever since you'll refuse to change.

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 12:48:09 PM »
So I wasted a perfectly good post? DAMN! I still say you should give me the power to edit his posts to say random silly things about cheese sandwiches and cornsilk. Not anyone else's just his. Then let him go crazy. Or maybe let him have his own forum and that's the only place he can post and it doesn't count towards post counts. That way we can berate him as we please but not have to deal with his posts in the regular forum.
I HATE the bridge.

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 02:06:01 PM »
I don't really mind newbs ass long ass they don't post shit all over the place....

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 10:07:54 PM »
At one point I believe Arbie posted something about a section specifically for the nubs that worked as a sort of proving grounds for the main forums. I wonder if there isn't some way to limit their activity according to some sort of ranking system linked to how well they perform in said kind of section. I suppose some kind of alternative karma rating under the current one where only established members can rank them. When they reach X positive they are allowed to participate in the main section. Or maybe limit their posts according to that rank. X amount of karma = x amount of posts per day. That would fix the postwhoring problem and save the mods and admin a lot of work deleting fifty posts a day from the same person.

Wow, I really need to learn PHP faster so I can implement these ideas on my forum.
I HATE the bridge.

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 06:04:44 PM »
They won't cure cancer and you can't stop noobs!

That's a perfect analogy. nubs are just like cancer. I'm just trying to come up with a radiation therapy that'll shrink the tumor.
I HATE the bridge.