Author Topic: Cell phone melts  (Read 2473 times)

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
Cell phone melts
« on: April 17, 2007, 02:56:28 PM »
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\04\17\story_17-4-2007_pg12_4

As this is the second cell phone incident in the news in Karachi today (wherever the fuck that is), I must conclude that they are using exclusively aftermarket phones or they are a people who are not ready for cell phone technology. Maybe Motorola sends its reject phones to Karachi...

Cell phone melts

Staff Report

KARACHI: A 21-year-old man identified as Sohail Palari was burnt when his cell phone reportedly melted as he was receiving a phone call Monday night in Dumba Goth, Gadap.

According to reports, at about 8:30 p.m. Palari was at home when the phone rang. He took it out of his pocket and tried to see the number on the screen. All he saw, however, was a red strip on the screen. As soon as he hit the ‘ok’ button to receive the call there was a violent shock in the phone. His hand went numb and the phone melted into two parts.

“He was unconscious for a while after receiving the phone call,” said Haji Khair Mohammad Palari, an industrialist. The police then took Palari to the police station to record his statement after he received treatment.

The Gadap police station duty officer said that he had just heard about such incidents but it was the first time that he had seen something like it. There was no such visible injury to Palari. No FIR will be lodged and the police will only register the incident.
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: Cell phone melts
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 03:03:11 PM »
I've always heard that the exploding cell phone incidents are from using aftermarket batteries.  It's all Ebay's fault.  What a pussy, going unconscious just because his cell phone blows up.

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 03:12:47 PM »
Apparently Karachi is in Pakistan. Their phones might be exploding and melting because they're trying to use them like a nintendo wii  :D

New cell phone responds to shakes and jiggles

Tired of pushing all those buttons on your cell phone? Japanese handsets slated to hit stores next month are designed to solve that problem: They respond to shakes, tilts and jiggles.

The mobile phones manufactured by Japanese electronics maker Sharp Corp for Vodafone KK, the Japan unit of the British mobile giant, come equipped with a tiny motion-control-sensor, a computer chip that recognizes and responds to movement.

Just jerk your cell phone in the air in a variety of patterns made of up of two simple moves – combining left, right or top, down movements – to program your phone in nine different ways to scroll or jump to e-mail or other features. It takes a bit of practice.

It’s far easier just to endure the hassle of pushing buttons. The sensor, made by Aichi Steel Corp, not only detects the direction toward which the cell phone is moving but also the speed and force with which it’s being jerked around.

This makes for new kinds of gaming fun. In “The House of the Dead,” the mobile version of the Sega Corp game, players can actually aim their cell phone in various directions like a gun to shoot the zombies who appear to be coming from all sides in the display.

Another is a golfing game from Taito Corp. Users swing the handset like a golf club, making a virtual ball pop around on a virtual course.

Vodafone is not giving a price or sales target for the handset, which will be sold only in Japan for now. It said it’s working on other kinds of games for the Japanese handset using movement but did not give details.

You can also make the sensor work to move your cursor by tilting the phone toward the direction you want the cursor to go. At least that was easy.

The phone also doubles as an electronic musical instrument. First select your favourite sound from a menu that includes clapping, tambourine, maracas, a whistle blow, yelps and other noises. Start shaking. The sounds play in time to your moves. Vodafone is recommending that feature for karaoke and parties. ap
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline I-baLL

• OMG Mod
  • Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-7
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:21:25 AM »
Was it a Verizon Chocolate Phone?

OMG I R TEH HILARIOUS! LOLOLOL!

*gunshot*

Foul_Fiend

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 04:32:28 PM »
hehe thats crazy, maybe his phone was a Muslim suicide bombing phone.