Author Topic: BACK TO THE FUTURE!  (Read 3673 times)

Offline kcochran

• PLA Underling
  • 1337 13V3L: +11/-21
BACK TO THE FUTURE!
« on: April 25, 2007, 07:20:06 PM »
HEY RBCP.

I just picked up a set of all three Back To The Future movies on DVD over at Costco for $18.99.

Widescreen, 10 hours of special features, all kinds of good stuff.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Re: BACK TO THE FUTURE!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 07:52:23 PM »
I've had the BTTF 4 disc set since you were in diapers, kid!  Ibaibaibaibaibaibaibaiba!

Offline kcochran

• PLA Underling
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:58:24 PM »
Word.

I figured you'd probably have it, but I saw it, snagged me a copy, and thought of you...

kelsokid18

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 10:38:32 PM »
But they didn't make a 4 disc, only the 3 disc.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 06:30:48 AM »
But they didn't make a 4 disc, only the 3 disc.

Whoops.  I thought mine was 4 discs.  It's only 3.

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +20/-11
  • Hi? Need a squid sandwich, next five, ten minutes.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 07:13:53 AM »
I've been following the BTTF DVD story for awhile.  I had the VHS for years but could never upgrade.
Here's an interesting history: http://grove.ufl.edu/~locutus/Bttf/dvd.html

The 4-disc set was released just a couple years ago; I held out for this version.  Even the 3-disc set just came out in 2002 - as I understood it they advertised it as 'widescreen' when it wasn't or something + they had to redo it... so Arbie, you may have something uncommon there, they aren't making that one anymore.

I see it every year whether I need to or not, like others do with Wizard of Oz, Xmas specials, etc.

Biff Tannen is my fave bad guy of all time.    ...Which BTTF is your favorite?

Offline murd0c

• PLA Public Relations
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +169/-74
    • murd0c dot net
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 08:25:45 AM »

BWAHAHAHAHA! This guy is awesome.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 09:13:39 AM »
Wow, I didn't realize the DVD release was pushed back so often.  I never really cared about the DVD release since I had them all on VHS, including that lame Kirk Cameron bit.  But when they were available in December 2002, I told my parents that's what I wanted for Christmas.

For anyone who's into Back to the Future, you should visit the forums on BTTF.com.  The members there pick apart every aspect of the movie for discussion.  It's always interesting to read through it all, especially when you understand all these weird, obscure plot points they're talking about.

kelsokid18

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 09:55:53 AM »
I've been following the BTTF DVD story for awhile.  I had the VHS for years but could never upgrade.

The 4-disc set was released just a couple years ago; I held out for this version.  Even the 3-disc set just came out in 2002 - as I understood it they advertised it as 'widescreen' when it wasn't or something + they had to redo it... so Arbie, you may have something uncommon there, they aren't making that one anymore.

I see it every year whether I need to or not, like others do with Wizard of Oz, Xmas specials, etc.

But that's GRIFF Tannen, Biff's future grandson in the year 2015, when Biff is an old man!

Offline kcochran

• PLA Underling
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 09:59:59 AM »

I'm sitting over here at the coast, bored off my ass, covering for someone who's off today.

I just opened my DVD set from Costco to start watching, and I've got a 3-disc set.

Any details on the 4-disc set?

(ETA:  BTTF2 is my favorite one...)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 10:11:15 AM by kcochran »

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 11:10:05 AM »
But that's GRIFF Tannen
-Yeah, I know, Gr/Biff, fuck you.  :)  BTTF 2 is my fave too.  When I'm a millionaire I swear I'm building CAFE 80's.

Disc 4 is mainly if you want the director's POV.  It doesn't focus too much on the spinoffs (The ride, cartoon, etc).  But it's great from a director's standpoint... mostly how they got through the FX in the days before CGI.  How they almost cast Eric Stoltz... you see a couple scenes w/him instead of Marty.  But it does have the KIRK CAMERON featurette!  And commentaries with Zemeckis... I know there isn't any with the actors.  Plus the answer to the eternal question: why was George McFly only (rly) in the 1st one??

Can't ride the BTTF ride at Universal Orlando anymore: March 30 was the last day.  Damn Damn!!

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 11:52:49 AM »
Plus the answer to the eternal question: why was George McFly only (rly) in the 1st one??

Wasn't it because he demanded as much money as Michael J. Fox got?  That's always been the story that I heard.  So they just wrote him out of the script.  Which sucks, because the script with him in it seemed a lot more interesting.  I really like BTTF2, but I could have done without a rehash of all the 50's stuff.

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 01:21:49 PM »
As late as the Willard DVD Crispin Glover was saying he just wasn't asked back or something... Zemeckis says he was wanting as much as Marty + Doc when he was already getting the same as Lorraine + Biff.  I'm a big Crispin fan but I believe the latter.

He did sue them for using his footage in BTTF 2 - and won.  Really changed the Screen Actors Guild protocol.

Offline budrowilson

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-1
    • Budro Wilson
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 04:53:44 AM »
When are America's top scientists going to get off
their lazy asses and make us a hover board.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

Offline ghostman

• Damn Screeners...
  • Lieutenant Cactus
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 06:06:40 AM »
So they just wrote him out of the script.
  Yeah, they killed him!  Zemeckis said something like, "You don't wanna come back?, fine.  We're killing you off."

Have YOU heard the Biff Question song??:  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwY5o2fsG7Y&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/iwY5o2fsG7Y&rel=1</a>
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 06:11:19 AM by ghostman »