Author Topic: Spiderman 3  (Read 6189 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Spiderman 3
« on: May 04, 2007, 09:23:25 PM »
Don't read this if you don't want spoilers.

But isn't it weird that some weird alien space goo lands on earth and it just happens to attach itself to Spiderman of all people on earth?

And when he gets rid of it, it just happens to land on the one guy that really has it in for Spiderman?

And then isn't it another weird coincidence that Sandman just happens to be the same guy that killed Peter's uncle?  And he just happens to run into a secret field where they're doing some crazy experiment and they just happen to turn the machine on after he drops into the pit, but before the police get there?

And how about that coincidence that Peter just happens to be best friends with the Green Goblin?  And then the coincidence that Peter's best friend just happens to know Doc Ock?  And Doc Ock just happens to rob the very bank that Peter and Aunt May are sitting in?  And, of course, Doc Ock grabs Aunt May out of all the people in the crowd to use as a hostage?

Lots of coincidences in those movies.

And what the hell does Peter see in Mary Jane?  She's so obviously a gold digger.  First she's dating the football guy with the cool convertible.  Then the rich kid hits on her, so she dumps the football guy for him.  Then she thinks she's got a chance with Spiderman so she dumps the rich kid.  Then, after not getting anywhere with Spiderman, she goes for an ASTRONAUT.  (And isn't this astronaut related to Peter's boss somehow?  Another coincidence.)  And then, after setting up a crazy elaborate wedding with the astronaut with hundreds of people attending, she leaves him at the altar because she realizes she can have Spiderman again.  What a horrible girl she is.

Then in 3, her and Peter have some issues so, of course, she goes back to rich kid's house and starts kissing on him.  Bitch!

I enjoyed the movie, though.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 09:34:43 PM by rbcp »

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
Re: Spiderman 3
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 11:24:51 PM »
I enjoyed it too, as sucky movies go.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 06:13:55 AM »
That stuff is straight out of the comics (well, the 90s cartoon show that I watched religiously growing up), and it's not exactly the best written stuff in the world on an adult-content level.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 07:56:22 AM »
I never read the comics or watched the cartoon, so seeing the movies is pretty much my first exposure to Spiderman.  I really liked the first two.  Three was good, but just seemed kind of weak overall.

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 09:12:33 PM »
The movie sucked. Mary Jane is albino, and Spiderman is a emo....

The whole theater was cracking up the whole time during the movie, especially at the horrible acting job of Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. The only good part of the movie was seeing Venom and the thrill of that lasted only a few minutes. The only entertainment I had during the movie was the black lady next to me, she was so damn funny. When Spiderman hit Mary Jane she yelled out "Bitch, wheres my money!". I couldn't help but laugh.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 01:13:34 AM »
Actually very little of that is from the comic book

WARNING: FANBOY CONTENT BELOW

Spiderman actually get's the black suit (which is a symbiotic being by the way) during a multidimensional war between most of the Marvel Universe's heroes and villains of the time known as the "Secret War". He's kidnapped and brought to the dimension but has no suit or his suit get's destroyed. I can't remember which. He finds a machine that he thinks dispenses costumes. He reaches in to grab what is dispensed and is covered in black goo. This goo becomes a black and white version of his suit. The symbiote adds to his powers (Sorry to you movie fans. In the comic book and the nineties era cartoon which was more true to the comic, Peter actually creates the shooters that spin his web.) by allowing him to spin web without his shooters, change his appearence by thought and improves his strength. Spidey finds out that the suit has been using his body while he sleeps. He consults a scientist friend and learns that the suit is actually a symbiote. In the comic it's Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) and in the cartoon it's the professor that turns into The Lizard. Anyhow, Peter finally frees himself from the grips of the "Black Suit" after a failed attempt by his scientist friend to remove it by using the bell of a church (Comic and Cartoon. Arbie is that how he does it in the movie?) where the symbiote falls a weekened goo through the cracks of the floor. Below, Eddie Brock, a reporter that believed Spider-Man had ruined his life prayed. The symbiote sensed Brock and, for their shared hate or merely survival joined with him to create Venom. Unlike Peter though Brock embraced the symbiote. He allowed it to become one with him and as such began to refer to himself as "we."

SandMan in the comic and cartoon are not the man that killed Uncle Ben. I suppose that was suppose to make the movie better, but now I almost don't want to see it.

/FanBoy
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 02:00:49 AM by LordNod »
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 06:29:14 AM »
That would have been lame if Peter had invented the web shooters himself.  Because really, how does a teenager invent something like that?

Then again, he did make a pretty cool Spiderman suit somehow.

Offline Altalp

• OMG Mod
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +244/-20
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 10:09:53 AM »
I thought aunt May made the cool one...?   Peter made the shitty one made form red sweat pants.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 10:22:56 AM »
I thought aunt May made the cool one...?   Peter made the shitty one made form red sweat pants.

Are you talking about in the cartoon or comic?  I meant in the movie.  He just suddenly had a really cool costume and it was never explained how he got it.  If Aunt May did it, then she would know he's Spiderman.

Offline Altalp

• OMG Mod
  • PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +244/-20
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 10:40:34 AM »
I didnt watch the cartoon or read teh comics.  I think you are right about him just finding the suit.  But I thought aunt May made it and that she was playing dumb about spiderman.  She would make little comments like she knew Peter was spiderman.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 01:55:49 PM »
No she doesn't know, he's supposed to have actually made it. In the movie, I figured he used some of the money from the fight to make a decent one after that shitty looking thing he used at the start. He's also a lot smarter in the comics, I guess that's how he makes stuff.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 05:07:07 PM »
No she doesn't know, he's supposed to have actually made it. In the movie, I figured he used some of the money from the fight to make a decent one after that shitty looking thing he used at the start. He's also a lot smarter in the comics, I guess that's how he makes stuff.

What money after the fight?  The guy only gave him $100 didn't he?

I think I read somewhere that the actual Spiderman costume for the movie cost $100,000 to have made.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 05:19:04 PM »
That would have been lame if Peter had invented the web shooters himself.  Because really, how does a teenager invent something like that?

Then again, he did make a pretty cool Spiderman suit somehow.

They dumbed Peter Parker down or didn't touch on how smart he really is in the movies. In the comic and cartoons he's doing quantum physics and some extremely advanced chemistry before he's even bitten at 15.

Aunt May doesn't learn that Peter's Spiderman until they move into Stark Tower with Iron Man. MJ knows for a long time though. She's a smart girl. Also, She's not Peter's first girlfriend. He actually dated Gwen Stacy for a long time before she was killed during a fight with the Green Goblin. Peter makes the suits himself in both the comic and the movie. I hate the one in the movie. As cool as it looks there's no way he made that himself. The guy's a genius but that doesn't mean he's that great of a seamstress.

I didnt watch the cartoon or read teh comics.

That's a shame. You can read some of the comics on Marvel Universe's site. You'd probably really like them.

What money after the fight?  The guy only gave him $100 didn't he?

I think I read somewhere that the actual Spiderman costume for the movie cost $100,000 to have made.

$100,000 for a costume? Wow, that's pretty rediculous.

/FanBoy
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 07:15:35 AM »
They got it from a Sex Shop ........

Offline trevelyn

• Administrator
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +183/-22
  • He likes cans and taking pictures in cans!
    • WeakNet Labs
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 09:13:21 PM »
Actually very little of that is from the comic book

WARNING: FANBOY CONTENT BELOW

Spiderman actually get's the black suit (which is a symbiotic being by the way) during a multidimensional war between most of the Marvel Universe's heroes and villains of the time known as the "Secret War". He's kidnapped and brought to the dimension but has no suit or his suit get's destroyed. I can't remember which. He finds a machine that he thinks dispenses costumes. He reaches in to grab what is dispensed and is covered in black goo. This goo becomes a black and white version of his suit. The symbiote adds to his powers (Sorry to you movie fans. In the comic book and the nineties era cartoon which was more true to the comic, Peter actually creates the shooters that spin his web.) by allowing him to spin web without his shooters, change his appearence by thought and improves his strength. Spidey finds out that the suit has been using his body while he sleeps. He consults a scientist friend and learns that the suit is actually a symbiote. In the comic it's Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) and in the cartoon it's the professor that turns into The Lizard. Anyhow, Peter finally frees himself from the grips of the "Black Suit" after a failed attempt by his scientist friend to remove it by using the bell of a church (Comic and Cartoon. Arbie is that how he does it in the movie?) where the symbiote falls a weekened goo through the cracks of the floor. Below, Eddie Brock, a reporter that believed Spider-Man had ruined his life prayed. The symbiote sensed Brock and, for their shared hate or merely survival joined with him to create Venom. Unlike Peter though Brock embraced the symbiote. He allowed it to become one with him and as such began to refer to himself as "we."

SandMan in the comic and cartoon are not the man that killed Uncle Ben. I suppose that was suppose to make the movie better, but now I almost don't want to see it.

/FanBoy

well, i am a HUGE fan of Venom from the comic books and Carnage.  In fact Spiderman sucks and mary jane IS albino.  The only reason i ever read the damn things was because of Venom, i seriously pjear watching this film and dont think i will unless someone tells me Venom r0x in it.  Eddie brock is dead and the symbiot is just using his body now btw.  So if you didnt like that fags acting just think to your self the symbiot kills the host and gets just even crazier than ever.