Author Topic: Turn your old brick phone into a bluetooth "headset"  (Read 5061 times)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
Turn your old brick phone into a bluetooth "headset"
« on: June 12, 2006, 01:37:47 PM »
This rules:

http://www.grooveking.com/blog/2006/03/grooveking-geekout-make-your-old-brick.html

Okay, I think I got your attention! Remember the classic brick telephone? Some of you may remember it as the "Zach Morris phone" and others the awesome phone from the movie Wall Street with Michael Douglass as Gordon Gekko.  I remember it as one of the coolest phones to ever come out. Have you noticed that a lot has changed from 1983 since the first cell phones were released? Everything has gotten so small and jam packed with so many features. But some of us, even if we are a small few, find some nostalgia from the classic brick phone - even if it weighs a good 7 or 8 pounds. Nostalgia and technology, how can we marry the two? The classic design with current technology? The brick phone is analog, and will not work on today's networks that are primarily digital and GSM. How do we maintain all the style and personality from the old and take advantages of the features and technologies of the new? The answer is - make a brick phone into a Bluetooth headset. What? You get the advantages of your current tricked out phone, while having the ability to use the brick phone as a Bluetooth headset. Not only that, why not use the phone battery as additional power for your Bluetooth and it weighs so much you are sure to keep your conversations short!

Offline Colonel Panic

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-40
  • I lost my phone! Guess that makes me a phoneloser!
Re: Turn your old brick phone into a bluetooth "headset"
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 01:45:22 PM »
Wow! The '80s are finally coming back in style!

I better get my bright orange parachute pants and Thriller jacket out of the attic!

Offline Devilz212

• Senior Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +13/-8
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 04:30:54 PM »
Haha, this is awesome! I think I still have one of those laying around somewhere.

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 05:44:06 PM »
If you wanna be really old school, you'll use one of those cellular phones that's big enough to need a carrying handle and the phone part of it is attached by a wire.

MegaKitsune

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 06:09:55 PM »
I have a Motorola bag phone, a Motorola Global LT (big grey and 80's) and a Qualcomm Motorola Dual-Band Email Phone...

Offline Colonel Panic

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +29/-40
  • I lost my phone! Guess that makes me a phoneloser!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 05:39:37 AM »
My mom has been using a bag phone in her car until just recently, when her cellular carrier stopped supporting it.

Now she and my dad are on a pay-as-you-go plan, since they very seldom use cellphones anyway.

I'm sure I could buy the carfone from my mom for next to nothing.

Offline scitamenic

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +2/-1
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 12:04:19 PM »
thats sweet. the 80's ruled. my dad had one of those phones with the big battery, with the attached cord. i think he threw it away though. it sucked and i dont think it worked vey good, but he had a leather case for it and it screamed 80's.