Author Topic: Embedding fonts in websites  (Read 1727 times)

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
Embedding fonts in websites
« on: June 12, 2007, 03:14:51 PM »
If you ever need to embed fonts in a website I recommend sIFR3.
It takes your dynamic text and converts it into a flash (.swf) file so the people who visit your site can see it with the fonts you want them to. This is great because they will not have to have them installed on their computer and you will not have to put text in pictures.

You will never ever find .pfr files. You have to pay for the programs to create them. Fuck Bitstream for ruining this for everyone.

Microsoft Weft blows and will only let you create pages with static text. It is free though so it's slightly better than buying a program to make .pfr's

The only drawbacks to sIFR are that it requires Javascript and Flash to be installed and enabled. Otherwise the font(s) used will be alternate 'common' fonts you can select in the CSS.

It is sweet.
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline Reverend Greed

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +42/-7
Re: Embedding fonts in websites
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 03:20:10 PM »
Hey!

Thanks a lot for this.  I've never heard of it before.  As a JavaScript developer - this will come in handy.  I usually have to rely on common fonts that people will most likely have.
Reboot America

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
Re: Embedding fonts in websites
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 04:25:52 PM »
That's very cool, I'll remember that when I get my new site running (I'm learning MySQL).
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"