Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 6199 times)

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
Xbox 360
« on: July 14, 2007, 04:04:53 PM »
Today I got teabagged by Xbox. Twice. First I got the the 3 Rings of Doom, Then I got the run around from their customer support. How do I get my Xbox serviced? And I don't mean sexually!

Offline jammie

• You ain't PLA if you ain't dated jammie!
  • Arcade Admin
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-67
  • ibaibaibaiba
    • jammie718.com
Re: Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 07:39:31 PM »
Today I got teabagged by Xbox. Twice. First I got the the 3 Rings of Doom, Then I got the run around from their customer support. How do I get my Xbox serviced? And I don't mean sexually!

Dear M-26-7,

Sorry to hear about your Xbox woes.  In looking for an answer, I actually came upon some weird Xbox customer support prank calls.  Didn't xbox extend the warranty because of this problem?  I am surprised their support doesn't have a menu option especially for that.  I also ran into some forums that said their tech support was pretty awesome... all overnighting them new parts..  so what happened?

Love,
jammie

Offline M-26-7

• PLA Junkie
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 08:08:30 PM »

That's it in a nutshell. Plus 3 red rings in the circle of light.

You're missing the point though. I pretty sure this covered under warranty. I just needed to know where to send it to get it fixed.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 08:15:58 PM by M-26-7 »

Offline M-26-7

• PLA Junkie
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 06:54:08 AM »
Update: I paid $99 dollars to get it fixed. They'll send me a box in 10-15 days and I'll ship it in to them.
As an experiment I'm going to write down my Xbox's serial#, because I've heard rumors you get a refurb xbox instead sometimes..

Offline jammie

• You ain't PLA if you ain't dated jammie!
  • Arcade Admin
  • Lieutenant Cactus
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-67
  • ibaibaibaiba
    • jammie718.com
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 03:29:47 PM »
Update: I paid $99 dollars to get it fixed. They'll send me a box in 10-15 days and I'll ship it in to them.
As an experiment I'm going to write down my Xbox's serial#, because I've heard rumors you get a refurb xbox instead sometimes..

Eek, buy a Wii.  Sorry I suck with video games.  I only play Civilization and Guitar Hero :P

Offline splynt0r

• PLA Corporate Drone
  • 1337 13V3L: +19/-10
  • Rip. Sample. Mash. Share
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 11:34:14 PM »
Screw xbox Go buy yourself a nice NES  :)

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 08:53:40 AM »
This is the kind of situation where you pull a refund scam and it's okay because you're not really scamming anyone - it's just a free extended warranty plan.  But a completely new Xbox 360 at the full price from a place like Target or Wal-mart.  Then swap out the innards and return the old broken Xbox in the new Xbox case.  There are tutorials on Google/Youtube that will show you how to disassemble an Xbox 360. 

As long as you don't mess up the casing of the Xbox, there's really no way for them to tell that you're returning a broken Xbox.  Even if you do mess up the casing, most employees won't notice.  They only check to make sure everything is in the box.  When they ask for the reason you're returning it, say because it's broken.  This way it will go back to Microsoft and not back on the shelf.  If they ask if you'd like to replace it for another one, tell them no because you already bought a new one from Best Buy.

I hope you can get that $99 back and do it my way instead.  You shouldn't have to pay to service these things.  They should just work since you paid several hundred dollars for it in the first place.

Offline Sidepocket

• Phone Phreaker Newbs Pwn
  • PLA South American Ambassador
  • 1337 13V3L: +33/-22
    • http://sidepocket_pro.livejournal.com/
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 09:54:32 AM »

Eek, buy a Wii.  Sorry I suck with video games.  I only play Civilization and Guitar Hero :P

Took the words right out of my mouth. Microsoft has the worst Customer Service on ANY product. Sony is starting to catch up with them though.  ;D

Offline M-26-7

• PLA Junkie
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 11:14:39 AM »
This is the kind of situation where you pull a refund scam and it's okay because you're not really scamming anyone - it's just a free extended warranty plan.  But a completely new Xbox 360 at the full price from a place like Target or Wal-mart.  Then swap out the innards and return the old broken Xbox in the new Xbox case.  There are tutorials on Google/Youtube that will show you how to disassemble an Xbox 360. 

As long as you don't mess up the casing of the Xbox, there's really no way for them to tell that you're returning a broken Xbox.  Even if you do mess up the casing, most employees won't notice.  They only check to make sure everything is in the box.  When they ask for the reason you're returning it, say because it's broken.  This way it will go back to Microsoft and not back on the shelf.  If they ask if you'd like to replace it for another one, tell them no because you already bought a new one from Best Buy.

I hope you can get that $99 back and do it my way instead.  You shouldn't have to pay to service these things.  They should just work since you paid several hundred dollars for it in the first place.

They could probably tell if it had been opened up from one of those seal thingys.

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 03:12:29 PM »
They probably wouldn't notice if you returned it filled with live gerbils.

Last week I spent about two hours on the phone with Target. Their employees can only be described as complete and total fucking retards. It took them TWO HOURS to get someone to walk over to the goddamn ATM and read some info off the side. At one point I was put on hold and then somehow connected with a customer, who asked me if I had Nintendo. If they can't figure out how to find a 500-pound machine that's bigger than they are, they won't see a tiny little warranty seal.

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 03:36:56 PM »
Last week I spent about two hours on the phone with Target. Their employees can only be described as complete and total fucking retards. It took them TWO HOURS to get someone to walk over to the goddamn ATM and read some info off the side. At one point I was put on hold and then somehow connected with a customer, who asked me if I had Nintendo. If they can't figure out how to find a 500-pound machine that's bigger than they are, they won't see a tiny little warranty seal.

Intriguing. I wonder if it would be possible to call and say you're from 'corporate' or some random dept. and say there's a customer holding for you.

Did you, in fact, have nintendo?
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 08:51:50 PM »
They could probably tell if it had been opened up from one of those seal thingys.

If there's a seal that you have to break, then just completely remove the seal.  If the seal is gone, there won't be anything for them to notice.  They're not looking for broken seals anyway.  They're just making sure the serial number on the Xbox matches the box and receipt.

Offline M-26-7

• PLA Junkie
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 01:48:42 PM »
This e-mail is to let you know that we have received your request for service.  However as of today, we have not received your Xbox console and would like to verify that you wish to continue with the service.

If you have not received the shipping materials or are having a problem with the shipment, please contact Xbox Customer Support.  If your Xbox console no longer requires service, please let us know and we will cancel the order for you.  If we do not receive the Xbox console within 30 calendar days from the date you first requested service, your order will be automatically cancelled.  If you wait longer than 30 days, this service request will no longer be valid and a new service request will be required.

If you have questions about this service, please contact Xbox Customer Support by calling:

Within the U.S.: 1-800-4MY-XBOX

International (direct dial to U.S.): 425-635-7180

Hearing Impaired (TDD device): 1-866-740-9269 or 425-635-7102

Hours of operation (every day):

9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time

6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

Thanks, but I haven't received the fucking box to ship it to yet you dumb motherfuckers. I'm on hold now.

They shipped a box to me. I think.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 02:26:18 PM by M-26-7 »

Offline Digital Overlord

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +1/-2
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 08:59:04 PM »

It was probably me, answering the RED PHONES in the electronics dept, pretending to be the retarded employees to screw with your head. I love to answer those phones and phuck with the customers. Screw XBox  ;D

Offline PHISH-PHREAK

• PLA Minion
  • 1337 13V3L: +68/-26
    • 954 Phone Losers
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 09:43:11 PM »

It was probably me, answering the RED PHONES in the electronics dept, pretending to be the retarded employees to screw with your head. I love to answer those phones and phuck with the customers. Screw XBox  ;D

YEAH! Take that retarded employees from July 26, 2007! You tell em!