Author Topic: Fuck not having a laptop  (Read 2261 times)

Jay-D

Fuck not having a laptop
« on: December 08, 2007, 06:39:45 PM »
I spent $1400 on a customized HP laptop and the piece of shit broke. I shipped it back to them to fix and they've had it a month now. All I have to access the internets is this Nokia e62 which sucks ass. Symbian OS sucks dick.

just wanted to vent. May the insults commence now. K.thx.bi

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
Re: Fuck not having a laptop
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 06:17:03 PM »
I broke the screen on my shitty old Gateway months after paying the extra 200 bucks for the extended warrantee (which covered everything EXCEPT the giant fucking piece of unprotected glass...) and was not amused.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline MattGSX

• Whiny Music Nerd
  • Senior PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +59/-97
  • Douchenozzle
    • Matt GSX Has Better Taste In Music Than You
Re: Fuck not having a laptop
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 01:45:48 PM »
I currently (sort of) have 3 notebooks:
1) Development machine - HP Pavillion ZE... not sure. It's old. The sound card just blew out so I need to either order one or get a new laptop. It also doesn't charge batteries, so it has to always be plugged in.
2) Dell Latitude D600: Is slower than HELL. Video playback tops out at like 10 fps on a good day. In all fairness, though, I might not have the correct video drivers installed. PC-Card interface is broken on that one, though, so it has to run everything on USB, which rules out recording with it (I generally use an Audigy PC-card soundcard for recording on notebooks).
3) (I'm ordering for my own birthday this afternoon) is a C-64 that I'm going to try to make mobile somehow. Either that or a GeoBook or one of those sweet laptops they're giving to poor children in Africa.