Author Topic: TACHYON'S TRUCKER TALES!  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
TACHYON'S TRUCKER TALES!
« on: December 09, 2007, 08:52:45 PM »
Yeah the habits of truckers are no secret to me, I worked for a summer pressure washing and occasionally repairing trucks and trailers.

OMG! I did that as well. Not the repairing but the washing. Blue Beacon Truck Wash = TEH SUX

I should really make a thread about this. One summer I worked for my dad's truck repair company, washing trucks, keeping the shop relatively clean, doing the odd welding job, lubing (ha ha ha yeah) underneath the trucks, and helping this one freakish man that I shall call Greg. I have loads of stories from that place, and I hope other people will as well.

A lot of the time my job was to assist this one guy (who wasn't) named Greg. Not Greg was about 6 "6 and was heavily tattooed and pierced. He had both nipples pierced (I know this because after work he used to walk around shirtless, to my dad's South Albertan horror) and smoked a lot. He also slept on the couch in the shop's back room for a long time and was probably the most anal guy I'd ever met.

He used to freak out all the time when I'd forget to immediately put tools back, misplace his smokes, put the welder away with tangled hoses, or any of the other stupid scatterbrained things I did back then. He also FREAKED out when I would touch The Toolbox.

He also had a Siamese fighting fish in the office that the secretary and I used to try and make fight itself with a mirror or melt with various lasers I found and brought to work.

The Toolbox was a giant purple toolbox that he would kill to defend. It looked totally out of place in the shop (everything else had at least an inch of dirt and grease and shit on it minimum), and was always shining.

Anyway a few months after I stopped working there it turned out he'd been fired for drinking on the job, and at his next job he'd opened up The Toolbox to reveal a sac of cocaine and was arrested shortly thereafter. I think he's in jail now. Looking back now I'm actually amazed I never made the connection sooner.
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline Tachyon

• Minister of Defence
  • OMG Mod
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +125/-62
Re: TACHYON'S TRUCKER TALES!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 08:53:24 PM »
ADD MORE TRUCKER TALES!
Do you speak two languages?

"Detective Don Gombo: IM AFRAID THE ONLY ONE "F" IS "U" MY FRIEND. WELCOME TO THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE WEB!"

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 12:15:14 AM »
*crickets chirping*

You should tell us about how you have all this time to be on the forum and flooding the bridge when you're supposed to be driving. That might be entertaining. Probably not though.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline M-26-7

• Skinniest Member of the PLA
  • PLA Junkie
  • 1337 13V3L: +40/-61
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 05:57:57 PM »
My uncle's a trucker. But not an interesting one. He tells more interesting stories about life on the farm and almost getting killed by razorbacks multiple times. I'll try and remember one of his stories.
Now that I think about he's kind of like nod politically wise, except Chirstian. Eerie.