Author Topic: Goodwill prank  (Read 1897 times)

Offline MIB

• Senior Racketeering Officer
  • PLA Army
  • 1337 13V3L: +32/-12
  • PLA- phreak tested. Phone company approved
Goodwill prank
« on: January 31, 2008, 04:07:45 PM »
I came up with a prank idea after reading this story.

"Cody Young parked his bike in the wrong place at the Goodwill store, where the rule is that anything on the floor goes.

He didn't have a lock, but friends said they had parked inside the store before. On Sunday, though, the black BMX bike was sold.
[...]
It's not the first such mix-up in Goodwill's busy stores, Goodwill spokesman Dale Emanuel said. A janitor once left a bucket and mop on a store's sales floor, and they were sold the next day."

The idea here is to take in some stuff you wouldn't normally see there. Things like a box of old phone books, a toilet, used tires, a computer stuffed with crushed soda cans, etc.

The more bizarre the stuff is the better. See how long it takes for them to get sold. If someone actually bought a mop and bucket that belongs to the janitorial people, they will buy anything.

If there's any chance to wait around and videotape someone buying these bizarre items, post it on Youtube.

MIB
oɔıxǝɯ ʍǝu uı ʎoɹ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Offline Nod

• Quando omni flunkus moritati
  • Elite Cactus Squad
  • Ninja Phone Loser
  • 1337 13V3L: +210/-138
  • 212-389-1318
    • twitter: @mrnudnik
Re: Goodwill prank
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 04:18:40 PM »
There's no Goodwill nearby but there's a similar store within walking distance. I happen to have a non working pay phone lying around that I might be able to get in there and just set down with out anyone noticing but it'll be difficult as the counter is right next to the door. I'll have to see if I can sneak by the clerk with it and set it down near the electronics section or something.
I HATE the bridge.
Meme Roth is a Food Nazi Cunt

Offline s1acker

• plop
  • PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +31/-10
  • lolwut?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 08:27:54 PM »
I just donated a bunch of old clothes and stuff laying around and tried to give them a microwave and they don't accept them. There is a huge list of things that they don't take posted outside the donation door. Most of the stuff you listed won't even make it to the selling area like toilets, tires, cans, guns, ammo, alcohol. But who knows they could be different where you're at.

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +37/-36
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 09:25:29 PM »
I buy stuff from my local Goodwill store all the time. They have a lot of good prices since, you know, all of it's for poor people.
Huh?

Offline Zazen

• Cactus Zombie
  • 1337 13V3L: +34/-14
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 10:17:40 PM »
It might be funny to plant stuff that you obviously would never buy at Goodwill. I don't think a busted payphone or janitors mop would be very funny.

I'd like to see a shelf of condoms with individual price stickers for $.05 each. Maybe a shelf of used toothbrushes for a quarter. Or you could empty the refrigerator and take all the iffy leftovers to Goodwill. Label them nicely: "Half a ham sandwich - 30 cents", "Two slices of leftover pizza - $0.40 for the pair"

Offline s1acker

• plop
  • PLA Soldier
  • 1337 13V3L: +31/-10
  • lolwut?
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 10:39:43 PM »
I just donated a bunch of old clothes and stuff laying around and tried to give them a microwave and they don't accept them. There is a huge list of things that they don't take posted outside the donation door. Most of the stuff you listed won't even make it to the selling area like toilets, tires, cans, guns, ammo, alcohol. But who knows they could be different where you're at.
Maybe next time I will read the post better and realize that you were talking about putting the items on the shelves yourself.. ???

Offline z3wb

• PLA Guru
  • 1337 13V3L: +37/-36
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 11:42:51 PM »
There is a huge list of things that they don't take posted outside the donation door. Most of the stuff you listed won't even make it to the selling area like toilets, tires, cans, guns, ammo, alcohol.

Of course they don't accept alcohol. Trailer park dwellers have enough of that as it is.
Huh?

CH4D5n07v3ry1337

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 10:50:56 PM »
Well i live in a trailer park but it doesn't have that many dwellers anymore.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 10:55:25 PM by CH4D5n07v3ry1337 »